Home Make It So!

Extracting data from the game.

I know this is a long shot, but is there anyway to extract my inventory and/or crew roster data from the game?

Thanks.

Best Answer

• Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Nothing like that is currently available, no. Some of us have been requesting it for a while now. It'd be great to have each player's crew roster available on the DB website, for instance (accessible only to that player, unless they wish to make it public). And then the option to download the list as a comma-delimited file or something. Can't think it would eat up too much server space, since the images would all be pulled from one central gallery.

In the meantime, however — yeah, screenshots are always good. I use a spreadsheet for tracking my crew. Inventory would be a lot more time-consuming to manually input, since it's always changing.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"

Answers

• Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    On a mobile platform? I doubt it. Even in Steam or Facebook, I can’t imagine there is a data export function.

I’m sure there’s a brute force way to do it via screenshots and an optical character recognition system...assuming an OCR would pick up on the font and not take longer than it would take to type everything into a spreadsheet by hand.