Home The Bridge

War Interrupted Fleet Leader Board

Stellar IceStellar Ice ✭✭✭✭✭
Who: You or anyone else in your fleet
What: Post your fleet rank
Where: Here, in this thread
When: Every day at DABO time
Why: So I can make a fleet leader board, since DB won't
How: By painstakingly collecting fleet ranks from here and two chat rooms and private messages every day of an event, and organizing them into a lovely board that I post every day for the community to enjoy.
The VIP 0 Heroes and VIP 0 Champions are looking for like-minded fellow VIP 0 players to join our family of fleets. Please contact me here or on Discord.

Come join the Star Trek Timelines Discord Community!
Invitation code: https://discord.gg/8Du7ZtJ

Comments

• Thank you for taking your time and effort to do this.
    m7gqny9cvmie.png

The Colonial Fleet Ohio 2 is ranked 110th at the moment. Still improving every week.
  • Hello @Stellar Ice and everyone else! Argentina unida is on the 254th position right now. And just to answer a few questions that our friend has just asked, this is Argentina Unida's core crew! I have 2 profiles, and I am Data on this particular picture.

sf1h44kf2tgv.jpg
  • Hi stellar,

Glad to see your back after your visit to sickbay last week.

Ruffriders are cruising at position 8.
  • Mariners are currently 422.

Thanks
  • NivenFresNivenFres ✭✭✭✭
    Attack of the Crohn's - 25
    bjch93tg0akv.png
    "If it wasn't for autocorrect, we wouldn't have Tuvok on a Giraffe."
  • Fleet Rank: 563

Fleet: Where No One Has Joined Before

(The P.C. sister fleet to WHERE NO MAN HAS JOINED BEFORE)

Brand new Fleet formed this Tuesday.

Our Motto: Right now we stink, but we are getting better.

(In all fairness our average captain rank is 10, so what do you expect?)
  • WHERE NO MAN HAS JOINED BEFORE - Rank: 38

xwwj0ih9cvlm.png

Where No One Has Joined Before - Rank: 563

yuekbtlwqbnt.jpg

“You must understand that there is more than one path to the top of the mountain”
    ― Musashi, Japan's Greatest Swordsman and Samurai
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    OAO=Galactic Phoenicians Day1=389:

xibq9if99uaf.png

Complete this sentence, if you please:

@Stellar Ice is (as) cool as ... diamonds.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭

Props to you for doing this, but I'm perfectly happy that DB isn't wasting their time publishing a meaningless fleet leader board.
  • edited March 2018
    Dralix wrote: »

Props to you for doing this, but I'm perfectly happy that DB isn't wasting their time publishing a meaningless fleet leader board.

How so?

Or as the saying goes... Compared to what?
    “You must understand that there is more than one path to the top of the mountain”
  • This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Stella as always!! This is definitely the most popular thread every week!
    hygbiirb8uam.png
    0y79xiao3ulg.png
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    How so?

Fleet rank is completely meaningless in any game sense. There's no reward or benefit from your rank.

It may be interesting to some to compare the ranks, which makes it perfect for a player initiative.
  • 2y7xkg4may6i.png

Thank, Stellar Ice!
    Fleet Admiral - Edmonton Trekkies [ET] | Squadron Leader - 1701'ers
    Join us! We have cheesecake!! | Fleet Central Information
  • This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    How so?

Fleet rank is completely meaningless in any game sense. There's no reward or benefit from your rank.

It may be interesting to some to compare the ranks, which makes it perfect for a player initiative.

For a while we wanted to know if the rankings were accurate and who was in the top 25. DB has the ability and it brings pride to any fleet that is doing well. From VIP0 to KM. Stella puts a ton of effort into doing this when it would be simple for DB to do it as they have all the data in one place.

Plus for almost 2 years the question was asked "what do fleets do". Now people can say they do alot.
  • Thanks as always for doing this, Stellar. You're a star! Literally!

Amen!
  • OPA & IPA After 24hrs

lewyslmb8wna.jpg
    fwcgzeh3lj1y.png
  • Nicely put, Stellar. Thanks for the effort. :smile:
    Interested in being part of the TLA fun?
  • Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    Starship Trista is in 3rd place
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the meantime, I will carry on with the meaningless work because I see value in it and I know many players appreciate the time and effort I put into this each and every week. For those who don't, there are plenty of other threads on this forum for you to view instead.

I apologize. The props were sincere, and meaningless wasn't the best word to use. My point was simply that DB has limited resources, and I don't expect them to spend them on this vs other things.
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    In the meantime, I will carry on with the meaningless work because I see value in it and I know many players appreciate the time and effort I put into this each and every week. For those who don't, there are plenty of other threads on this forum for you to view instead.

I apologize. The props were sincere, and meaningless wasn't the best word to use. My point was simply that DB has limited resources, and I don't expect them to spend them on this vs other things.

@Black Pebble , I hope you are paying attention to the underlying thoughts here. 🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • RowdenRowden ✭✭✭

Stellar has done a really good job putting it all together every week, and I certainly appreciate her efforts! Especially since DB should add the fleet leaderboard (with rewards) into the game. I really doubt it would take a large amount of time to do this- certainly a lot less than Stellar already spent as a result of their inaction.

I would argue that now we can accurately determine a fleet leaderboard, it's the squad rank that isn't very meaningful. Fleets used to compete quite hard for squad rank when it was the only indication of how well a fleet as a whole was doing, but having a direct measure is far more useful and meaningful. Especially since the effective size of a squad can be manipulated in all event types and the rewards for even winning squad are of absolutely no value to players who have excess replicator rations farmed.
  • Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭

I understood what you were getting at.

The sentence of death has been....commuted.

Instead, you will now live out the rest of your natural life on the penal asteroid of Rura Penthe.
  • Princess TristaPrincess Trista ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stellar has devoted so much of her time to help fleets determine how well they are performing overall. I think it is a great thing what she does, as a fleet is the best gauge on how you are doing rather than just a squad. A squad can be and has been manipulated to bump up their rank. A fleet cannot do that. So stellar, I sincerely thank you for your hard work and determination! Not to mention doing this while you were sick as well! omg

Thank you hun,

Trista
  • l695zu0uqzq9.jpg
    "Never teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig" Lazarus Long, Time Enough for Love, R.A. Heinlein
  • Feds R Us currently #23
    ~ seeking out new life
  • [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭
    kkonoezq9tor.jpg
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/