Home The Bridge

How to succeed in faction events?

Each player seems to have a personal favorite type of event. For myself, I struggle with faction events. I have four shuttles going all the time, I have personnel who can succeed at a good rate, and I even set a timer on my phone to minimize downtime between runs. But I still can't seem to do better than the 3001–5000 band, let alone crack 1,000 for the legendary crew prize. Other than spending piles and piles of dilithium to fish for the time-reducing boosts, is there something else I can do to improve?

Comments

• [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Are you doing the kickstart to get to higher VP shuttles right away (like straight to 4K's in the current event)?

• Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boosts and luck with regards to bonuscrew and variants thereof. I usually place somewhere around 2000-3500 in Faction events except for the one time I placed 799th (and could have hit 450ish if RL hadn’t gotten in the way). That time I had a pantsload of bonus crew and used a ton of 3* boosts.
  • edited March 2018
    Edit: I searched the forum for "kickstart" and no, I did not know about that technique. Next time!

@UnkieB I am not sure what you mean by "kickstart," so I don’t know if I’m doing it. (Sorry, been playing quite a while but haven’t spent much time here on the forum and don’t know the lingo/shorthand.) If you mean using time-reducing boosts, whatever they’re called, to instantly complete, then yes, I’m doing that. If you mean something else, I don’t know.
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kick-start, boosts and a good fleet all help. That said I have missed out on the top spot a few times and it seems to be getting difficult to be competitive especially when they are zillions of event crew.

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just because no one's mentioned it yet...you do have four shuttles, right? Not going nowhere without that.
  • I really would like to know about the kickstart! Having good crew and Modificators, is what only depends on everyone
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really would like to know about the kickstart! Having good crew and Modificators, is what only depends on everyone

For 3 faction events with a 6 mission cap.

-Open 18 missions (6 from each faction)
    -Do six from one faction and four from another (1 minute missions)
    -Open six and four new missions (from the same factions of the missions you did previously. These new missions will be 1.5 hours)
    -Complete these 10 1.5 hour missions instantly with 3* time boosts
    -finish all remaining missions (they will show 1.5 hours but when you start them they will change to 1 minute)
    -If you get confused on which missions are which, just look at the timer. The old missions will have a difference of about 10 minutes.
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would also suggest if you have minimal bonus crew, either spread them out on different shuttles and boost with their top traits, or put a bunch of them on one shuttle and time boost. Both work well for me, and if I am only half trying I usually get in top 500. I do the latter in the final 24 hours, because you really can't lose. If you only succeed 1/2 time boost shuttles, that's still an extra 800VP per 3 hours you wouldn't have had. If you have a ton of bonus crew, do 2 shuttles with time boost with them.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...