Home Make It So!

Gauntlet Skill RNG

Before I start. I have 4x Guinan, 3x Locutus, 1 x Caretaker, and have won the top spot. I am not complaining about drop rates.

Here's what happens a lot. A skill is suggested as appearing most but then you have 3 fights in a row that don't include that skill. It seems to me that the RNG isn't set high enough to make the featured skill important enough.

Thanks

Comments

• Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve noticed this as well. The engineering gauntlet from a few days ago seemed more like a command/diplomacy gauntlet...quite frustrating when you’ve selected crew based on the “featured” skill.
  • 3 fights in a row? You open a thread because of 3 fights in a row?

At this point, can we just put a link to the wikipedia page about statistics and suggest to actually learn how probability works?
    "Dance with me. For science."
  • AandraaAandraa ✭✭✭
    Gauntlet looks like a full random based thing... losing lots of fight vs lower character stats, 45% crit happens to crit less that a 5% in more fights... and so on... someone was speculating about some kind of mechanism that add more defense on AI characters, not confirmed.
  • I just had a run of 6 wins against identical characters. After reading so much about RNG on the forums, it felt like winning the lottery.

My most annoying RNG result in the gauntlet? I lose a match up because my crit score is the lowest of the 3 skill tests in the match.