Home The Bridge

Anyone notice anything wonky about this event?

{DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
The only event character I have is Rakal Troi. I'm not bursting with bonus crew either. Enough for 1 event/bonus crew per shuttle. However, out of my first 24 4k shuttles I sent out, the success rate was... 100%. Then I failed 6 in a row (not enough losses to knock me back down from 4k missions though.) After that, I've gone back to what I would consider normal behavior, or about a 75% success rate. As long as I've been playing, I have NEVER even come close to a streak like that with 4k shuttles. Anyone else notice unusually high success rates on shuttles, or did I just get absurdly lucky with RNG?

Comments

• edited March 2018
    I think you've been incredibly lucky.
    I have 4/4* Rakal Troi plus a bunch of other Troi, Odo and Dukat variations that give me a 2x bonus but both myself and many of my fleet mates can't get beyond 2250 VP without 3/4 shuttles failing.
    Are you using boosts to up your chance of success ?
    Best I can get without is about 60% which, as we all know, means a 40% chance of failure in the RNG Gods eyes.
  • {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always use boosts during events. I also cherry pick the best missions and run them over and over. And for the most part the only chars I use that aren't event/bonus crew are immortal legendarys. I might occasionally have to throw in one of my top super rares but never more than 1 per shuttle. I usually average about 75% success rate once I hit 4k missions, unless there's a ton of bonus crew.
  • IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    I too have had the vast majority of my shuttles come back with a 3/4 Success rate during this event thus far (there has been an occasional 2/4 or 4/4). I am applying 3* Shuttle Boosts to every mission, and the calculated/displayed 'Chance of Success' rates for the same 4 missions I am running each time are 83%, 71%, 61% and 73% - therefore getting an actual Success rate of 75% is very reasonable (i.e., a bit lucky).
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Mine are pretty much at a 3/4 sucess rate. Thankfully RNDesus has been kind and I am arounnd the top 600 mark (I have three of the event crew Rakai & Dukat FFFE and Garak 1/5 FE.)

What is annoying is the amount of ENG slot shuttles as I don't have any event crew that can fill those slots.

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    I call it the Saturday shift.
    Luck seems to change Saturday between 12pm & 3pm

It's almost like a phase shift in the odds.
    Bad streaks turn good.. good streaks turn horrendous. Seen this more then once.
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Current rank 71 so not complaining, but, failed seven (7) three seat missions in a row. All seven staffed with event crew all of whom are ff/fe (OO Garek, Baj Dukat, Rakal Troi), all 7 at either 95% or 96%. The odds of failing 7 in a row with that high a chance of success on each one is beyond the realm of "normal probability".....I sent a ticket to DB detailing my "concerns", and asked them to not send me a canned "Its the RNG or Average across all players" response. Anyway, still going to have a top 75 finish, but this is type of thing that drives people away from the game.
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Current rank 71 so not complaining, but, failed seven (7) three seat missions in a row. All seven staffed with event crew all of whom are ff/fe (OO Garek, Baj Dukat, Rakal Troi), all 7 at either 95% or 96%. The odds of failing 7 in a row with that high a chance of success on each one is beyond the realm of "normal probability".....I sent a ticket to DB detailing my "concerns", and asked them to not send me a canned "Its the RNG or Average across all players" response. Anyway, still going to have a top 75 finish, but this is type of thing that drives people away from the game.
    It's not like finishing top 75 gives you anything more than top 1000, so I'd not be too bothered if I was in your position.

DB: Do Better
  • Current rank 71 so not complaining, but, failed seven (7) three seat missions in a row. All seven staffed with event crew all of whom are ff/fe (OO Garek, Baj Dukat, Rakal Troi), all 7 at either 95% or 96%. The odds of failing 7 in a row with that high a chance of success on each one is beyond the realm of "normal probability".....I sent a ticket to DB detailing my "concerns", and asked them to not send me a canned "Its the RNG or Average across all players" response. Anyway, still going to have a top 75 finish, but this is type of thing that drives people away from the game.

Sorry, but blaming RNG is the standard response (even when the issue has nothing to do with RNG)

Member of Rise of the Phoenix.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    The only thing i see that is wonky is the disparity of skill combinations in shuttles with the bonus crew available... seems to be a recurring feature though. That and possibly percentage success overall seemed to be lower than usual as well.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • edited March 2018
    You know...i did notice some oddities...my 80 and 90 percent shuttles...actually succeeded!!
    5u1jw2dd9gs9.gif

SHOCKER

buwr7drzcm7j.gif
    But i cant complain :wink:
  • [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. The second event where my shuttles did better than expected. I was sending out at 66-72% boosted and the failure rate was surprisingly low. I never had more than two failures in a set, and often had four successes. At a guess, I was over 75% successes overall.

Very unexpected. Final rank 1127 which is a little higher than normal for a shuttle event.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/