Home The Bridge

MEGA EVENT SPECIAL REWARDS IDEA

•RIVIN••RIVIN• ✭✭✭
edited March 2018 in The Bridge
i would like to offer DB the suggestion to start special rewards for mega events. Right now we have 4 events tied together with a story, but i would suggest to tie together the scores and ranking. Some people kill on the galaxy events, and dont play faction, or the other way around. But what if it actually mattered? If all 4 of your rankings and points were totaled and averaged for a GRAND RANKING and GRAND POINT TOTAL with special Grand rewards Like citations, or one time only crew? Then everyone would have a reason to play each event and try do well in it for the special rewards.

Comments

• I'm going to hate me since I hate Galaxy Events, but I like the idea of a Grand Ranking through the whole event. It would actually start to make sense to play within the top 1000.
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I think this is a good idea. I mean we do have a special reward to play all 4 events due to the 5-star, but to play it beyond 25000k in each event, we don't.

There are two ways to fix that:
    1. Make the 5-star require more points to get -> you're going to make a ton of players unhappy
    2. Add special cumulative rewards for the end of the entire mega-event -> going to spur a lot more people to play through, thus everyone or most people are happy

Also what I think the super reward should be? The 5-star on the mega-event character.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone suggested this months ago and I believed this is a fantastic idea! An overall reward system totalling the VP of the entire mega event would be very interesting and give the mega event concept greater meaning.
  • Knight RangerKnight Ranger ✭✭✭✭
    I think this is a good idea. I mean we do have a special reward to play all 4 events due to the 5-star, but to play it beyond 25000k in each event, we don't.

What? :o Who the heck gets 25 million points in an event?
    Level 99. Latest Immortal (957): Chancellor Gowron - October 2023.
  • Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    I support this if and only if the mega event features an expedition event and no more than 1.5 galaxy events.
  • [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about a large portion of the playerbase who only do thresholds or don't play galaxy?
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    GOD NO!!! Its bad enough to have to grind through these without a break for 4 weeks than for a combined total. What about the whole mirror bev debarcle; forcing people to loose their christmas to grind through loads of extra tickets?

Galaxy events are total tosh at the moment, I hear of people spending in excess of 6000 chronos and not getting the gold characeter, and god, dont get me started no the animations.

Make the playing experience more engaging, or the rewards more inline with effort to attain, then perhaps I would give a damn about them, but at present, no thankyou.

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    Grant77 wrote: »
    I support this if and only if the mega event features an expedition event and no more than 1.5 galaxy events.

Let me guess you also set fire to the tails of puppies you freaking sadist!
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol, nobody was forcing anyone to grind through those expedition tickets on Christmas you could easily just get Picard and stop playing.
  • Bring on more expedition
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like this idea, especially if it gives more primo rewards like citations, or even a smattering of dil.

It'd be much more like a bonus, since it doesn't actually get you a specific crew, but rewards you for doing well in all the events.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • I don't think that this can be done without an overhaul of the scoring system. Currently galaxy events have significantly higher scores. Add in the added incentive to add on to the score board would make the scores in any galaxy events even more out of whack. Imagine if you wound up needing 750k or more just to get top 1k in a galaxy event? I think that would be the consequence of aggregating scores across events.

I applaud the idea of adding consequence to Mega Events but I don't think DB has set up an environment where what has been suggested would work out the way you think it would.
    Member of Rise of the Phoenix.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    You couldn't do total VP because of differences in points. It would have to be total rank and then a reward based on min rank total.
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I don't like the idea at all because it could cause players to quit the game if they are "forced" to play in events they don't like.

However, if they did want to do it, I would hope that it would be a reward that wouldn't be something like citations, dilithium, etc. In my mind, the ideal reward for it would be a 5th copy of the event mega crew.

That way, people who don't want to be forced to do well in all the events could spend $25 to get it but someone else could get it purely by doing well in the events.

Not game breaking but not irritating.
  • •RIVIN••RIVIN• ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I dont think its forcing anyone to play events they dont like.if i dont like the event i just dont play it, of i like it, i do.
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol, nobody was forcing anyone to grind through those expedition tickets on Christmas you could easily just get Picard and stop playing.
    True but I have a Mirror Bev now. It was pure tedium but it was my choice. I dont want to be forced to playing other rounds if they offer no gameplay benifit.

DB: Do Better
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont think its forcing anyone to play events they dont like.if i dont like the event i just dont play it, of i like it, i do.

Note the quotation marks around "force". Yes, some people are "forced" to do it because of addictions/disorders/personality types. While technically correct that they aren't literally forced to do it, DB is well aware of the psychology of many gamers and do many things that "force" players to do something. Not literally, but figuratively and they are well aware of that.
  • FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭

What? :o Who the heck gets 25 million points in an event?

Lol love the quick math :)
  • It would need to be a separate ranking. And they shouldn't hand out characters.
    I don't like the idea at all because it could cause players to quit the game if they are "forced" to play in events they don't like.

People only "force" themselves to play an event because otherwise you lose out on at least 1 super-rare character. If all there is is Citations or other useful rewards, It just gives something to those who dont threshold out after the Mega 5*. Not getting the citations isn't a game breaker since you don't get them from events now.
    Immortalized crew count:
    27×1★; 45×2★; 72×3★; 121×4★; 14×5★

FE, not fused crew count:
    0×2★; 0×3★; 18×4★; 21×5★