Home The Bridge

Would you purchase a kit of Components?

Wouldn't a collection or kit of components be tempting as rewards or for purchase?
How many times has your production been held up by 0* components?
Don't you hate it when you are building a character and you see "ancient film", "Holoprograms" or "Science Experiments" as key components?
What if DB made offers of component/equipment kits?

Comments

• DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    0* science experiments would have a 0.5% drop rate, while it would be 90% things like 0* spices and alcohol.
  • Dralix wrote: »
    0* science experiments would have a 0.5% drop rate, while it would be 90% things like 0* spices and alcohol.
    The purchase of a kit would eliminate the need for a drop rate. DB could create a package to sell in the Time Portal or offer them as special rewards in the events. You could even them them according to Factions.
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    So by kit you mean "buy 10x science experiments" as opposed to something like shuttle boost packs?

Yeah, people would like that. Unlikely to happen at any price point people would like though. The bottlenecks are intentional.
  • sorinevsorinev ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    A pack solely of the ridiculous droprate 0* items that DB does not fix, indicating to us that the drop rate is deliberate, throwing the whole "rarity" scheme out into meaninglessness? No, I wouldn't but it'd be neat to see, sure. Like, a pack with 10 x each of 0* science experiments, romulan encryption algorithms, holoprograms, encoded communiques, bloodwine, case files, ancient films, orchids, and a few other things I can't think of right now. Things like that.
    [SSR] Sorin08
  • edited March 2018
    Just let us build batches of items with the replicator, like 1000 science experiments for the same materials we would have used for a 5* item. Problem solved.

Most of what we replicate tends to get wasted on unnecessary components anyway.

How many people are really paying to speed up shuttles or refresh faction shops so they can buy needed items? That one guy two years ago?
  • What I would really like to see is a converter, in addition to the replicator. No x amount of uses but let me convert up and down stars of an item at a certain ratio.
    So, got 699 2* casings (says this guy!), let me convert them into 3* and 4* casings at a certain ratio, and at a worse ratio, let me convert those 2* casings into polyalloys.
  • I've never really understood why you couldn't take 1-1* item and make 2-0* items of the same type. Besides the creation of a bottleneck to encourage spending.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never really understood why you couldn't take 1-1* item and make 2-0* items of the same type. Besides the creation of a bottleneck to encourage spending.

I would definitely convert my 11,000+ basic alcohols into 3* alcohol. What a completely useless amount of those drop — no other equipment or component comes close to that number.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »
    I've never really understood why you couldn't take 1-1* item and make 2-0* items of the same type. Besides the creation of a bottleneck to encourage spending.

I would definitely convert my 11,000+ basic alcohols into 3* alcohol. What a completely useless amount of those drop — no other equipment or component comes close to that number.

0* alcohol, 0* neurocortical monitors, 0* Starfleet uniforms (ENT and TNG), 0* microconnectors, 0* and 1* incense, 0* spices (unless you’re building an army of Neelixes), 0* interlinks...all worthless and taking up space in my cargo hold.
  • Data1001 wrote: »
    I would definitely convert my 11,000+ basic alcohols into 3* alcohol.

Isn't that what the replicator is for? :smile:
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since the starbase buffs to replicator rations 0* components are readily replicated. I have hit the credit wall no, so when I run out I just rep 0* components

I dont think it would be worth buying a pack of them, as likely knowing DB some RND would be involved. :s

Jim
    DB: Do Better