Home The Bridge

Gauntlet proposal

Proposal to change the structure of the gauntlet: You choose to play, and the system randomly chooses 5 characters out of your top 25. This would at least marginalize the wall of clones problem. You might not win as much as you used to, but it would save our sanity.

Comments

• DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    With people already saying that everything is controlled by RNG, you want to make crew selection based on RNG? My sanity is fine. I don't need this to save it.
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might I suggest using the suggestions board: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/categories/make-it-so!
  • LOUD & STRONG NO to any further RNG based features.
  • Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another OMGs the gauntlet is broken thread.

Move along people, nothing to see here.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    <whoops sorry for the double post my browser glitched> can't seem to delete this post.
    wow and it appears I've ninja'd my own post.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be honest I think it would be better to just dispel of the crits and have traits give a percentage times bonus on top of the roll, also matching both skills should hold more weighting too. What can also improve things is base level, this could also give a percentage bonus - I think with these changes it would make many more characters valid for gauntlet thus reducing the chances of walls and the crit pain.

I just play gauntlet with my highest proficiencies and hope for the best, I do ok but I'm not fussed with gauntlet, per se, I just see it as a bit of a freebie extra - it's best not to care and just hope for 3x free portal rares that's the only crit i'm interested in because it might...just might land you a behold.

Sure the Caretaker would be nice but when I got so many other crew cards to think about and the fact he has only just been introduced to the gauntlet.....well then... meh.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    For anyone that hates the way gauntlet is ran, I hope you're all aware that you don't have to play it.
  • For anyone that hates the way gauntlet is ran, I hope you're all aware that you don't have to play it.

Well, since it's the only way to get a specific character. You kind of do have to play it.
    239 Immortalized
    Gametag: ECH
  • But you don't need the Caretaker... Compromises have to be made... If one wants a Caretaker, they suffer through the Gauntlet process to "hopefully" get him. If one doesn't really care about getting the Caretaker, avoid the Gauntlet or play w/o caring about getting him.
    [GoT] Drunk Shimoda
    GoT Chief Communications Officer
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    For anyone that hates the way gauntlet is ran, I hope you're all aware that you don't have to play it.

Well, since it's the only way to get a specific character. You kind of do have to play it.

A character who's mainly going to be good at the Gauntlet...

I'd say more of a reason to play is that it's the best source of merits.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor

Fully fused, the Caretaker is #4 overall for combined score in voyages, not to mention second-highest individual Engineering score.
  • I'd say more of a reason to play is that it's the best source of merits.

Much agreed... If done properly, it's possible to come out of 2-day Gauntlet +800 on merits. I've even been able to get over 1k sometimes, depending on the type of Gauntlet. I've also found that by keeping certain crew maxed at their respective level bracket w/o being equipped (e.g. Leveling Bashir, Julian Bashir to Lvl 60 out of 60, but not equipping or building those four items) increases the chances of those needed items dropping from streak/loot boxes in the Gauntlet (hope that made sense!)... Example: I received Bashir's 4-star Kukalaka bear as a reward on Sunday.
    [GoT] Drunk Shimoda
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭

Fully fused, the Caretaker is #4 overall for combined score in voyages, not to mention second-highest individual Engineering score.

Yes, fully fused. Which is unlikely to be obtained without spending some money even if you play gauntlet frequently. All I'm saying is, if you just want a character with good stats, you can spend money/dil elsewhere to get that.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
    edited March 2018

Yes, fully fused. Which is unlikely to be obtained without spending some money even if you play gauntlet frequently. All I'm saying is, if you just want a character with good stats, you can spend money/dil elsewhere to get that.

I fully fused Guinan with no money or DIL spent. Plenty of others did as well. Casting one of the best Voyage characters as "mainly good at Gauntlet" is just wrong.

Also, he is #4 in voyages. That means only 3 are better. There really aren't many places you CAN spend money/DIL to get a more powerful character.
  • All of that is true, but a player still doesn't need The Caretaker and will be able to be quite successful without ever having him.

[GoT] Drunk Shimoda
  • {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be honest I think it would be better to just dispel of the crits and have traits give a percentage times bonus on top of the roll, also matching both skills should hold more weighting too. What can also improve things is base level, this could also give a percentage bonus - I think with these changes it would make many more characters valid for gauntlet thus reducing the chances of walls and the crit pain.

That is exactly what I suggested a while back.

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/3099/how-i-would-fix-gauntlet-if-i-were-emperor-of-stt#latest
  • RNGeverythingRNGeverything ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    While you say I may not need the character. I disagree. It's clear the only goal in this game is to collect cards. At least, that is my only goal. Winning an event/or gauntlet is nice every now and then, but at the end of the day your main goal is to get that next character. There is no honor hall where your name is placed up on a plaque. You win, and next day you are old news.

The gauntlet is garbage. It was the day it rolled out, and it still is today. Having a character like this one locked away in the gauntlet that is notorious for not giving you jack crap is a pain in the **tsk tsk**. Not to mention the sheer randomness of wins/losses that makes you want to break your phone over your knee every four hours. 500 characters in this game and we have limited the gauntlet to 10-20 great options and 480 that will get you nowhere fast. Not to mention the wonky rewards that you get from it. And DB doesn't understand why we hate them.
    239 Immortalized
    Gametag: ECH