Home The Bridge

Any info on the next event: Onion Belt?

Just wondering if we had anything posted yet. It's taking so long to get info... We can't bust heads like we used to. But we have our ways. One trick is to tell stories that don't go anywhere. Like the time I caught the ferry to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for m'shoe. So I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. "Gimme five bees for a quarter," you'd say. Now where were we... oh yeah. The important thing was that I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. I didn't have any white onions, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...

Comments

• DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    I miss the old days, when The Simpsons was funny.
  • Even if the announcement is on time it wouldn't be posted for another 2-3 hours from now.
    "The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination."
  • Even if the announcement is on time it wouldn't be posted for another 2-3 hours from now.

Yes I know... I was trying to be funny.

I do miss the time when our Mega event at least told us what TYPE of events were coming up, though.
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do miss the time when our Mega event at least told us what TYPE of events were coming up, though.

It's possible I'm wrong, but I don't remember the other mega events doing that. I remember a lot of speculation about what the final event type would be for instance.

But I'm old, my memory could be faulty.
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing we can guarantee is that the Onion event will make our eyes water.
    Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • Dralix wrote: »

It's possible I'm wrong, but I don't remember the other mega events doing that. I remember a lot of speculation about what the final event type would be for instance.

One of the two did. I don't remember which, but they told us with the big mega event note (like the one we have now) what mission types we could expect with each one.
  • This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dralix wrote: »

Accurate. The first borg one just said new type and we all hoped it would be.... Ended up being a hybrid with expedition instead..... Sorta new but not exciting.
  • I, for one, can't wait for next week's faction/galaxy hybrid event. I assume that's all we'll get now.
    Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
    Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well it's not like DB has any staff left to change anything. Copy/Paste -> $$$
  • Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    Anything that doesn't contain the word 'galaxy' will be music to my ears.
  • Sorry Grant... Event Type: Hybrid Event Faction (Augments - Federation) /Galaxy
    ~|~|~ Rise of the Phoenix member ~|~|~

Captain level 50, approaching 100 immortals

All you need to know about Disruptor Beam
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some more event information.

Men-in-Black-The-Galaxy-is-on-Orion-s-Belt-1.jpg
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wondering if we had anything posted yet. It's taking so long to get info... We can't bust heads like we used to. But we have our ways. One trick is to tell stories that don't go anywhere. Like the time I caught the ferry to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for m'shoe. So I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. "Gimme five bees for a quarter," you'd say. Now where were we... oh yeah. The important thing was that I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. I didn't have any white onions, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...

giphy.gif

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Dralix wrote: »
    Some more event information.

Men-in-Black-The-Galaxy-is-on-Orion-s-Belt-1.jpg

They Spelled "Onion" wrong!
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blast it, ReginoldJudd -- ever since reading this thread, now I can't stop seeing "Onion" in place of "Orion" every time it pops up. ::shakes fist::

giphy.gif

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • ReginoldJuddReginoldJudd ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    I spread the curse of which I was already afflicted:)