Home The Bridge

lol....Gauntlet

I haven't played Gauntled in months and now only went back to have a look and with the Caretaker in mind. I played three matches and the first chest I received contained the jackpot. Now back to not playing Gauntlet again, ahah.

66jhjc1hgpjr.jpeg

Comments

• Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats. But since you don t play gauntlet, a 1/5 Caretaker is prob not of much use. ;)
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Quoting from another saga: "In my experience there is no such thing as luck"... In yours apparently there is :smiley:
  • NivenFresNivenFres ✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations to you. To DB, Yet another proof of a bad game design.

Don't start this again. FYI - both of the Guinans I received came from 3 streak boxes. It is just called luck. The same luck never got me any Locutuses (Locuti?) I think in general you will find this is where many people get theirs, since a 3 streak is going to be one of the most frequent occurrences. Just because you didn't get one, doesn't mean the design is bad.
    "If it wasn't for autocorrect, we wouldn't have Tuvok on a Giraffe."
  • thanks guys. I hope this doesn't cause hard feelings. Just keep playing and you will get yours too. It took me forever to get my Locutus back in the day... ;)
  • Congrats. But since you don t play gauntlet, a 1/5 Caretaker is prob not of much use. ;)

Indeed. Maybe I'll airlock him then... :tongue:
  • Antar3s wrote: »
    thanks guys. I hope this doesn't cause hard feelings. Just keep playing and you will get yours too. It took me forever to get my Locutus back in the day... ;)

If hard feelings then only towards DB. You are perfectly safe. :smiley:
  • NivenFresNivenFres ✭✭✭✭
    Antar3s wrote: »
    thanks guys. I hope this doesn't cause hard feelings. Just keep playing and you will get yours too. It took me forever to get my Locutus back in the day... ;)

No hard feeling here. I should have also said Congrats! :) I'm hoping I manage to pull one soon.
    "If it wasn't for autocorrect, we wouldn't have Tuvok on a Giraffe."
  • Antar3s wrote: »
    Congrats. But since you don t play gauntlet, a 1/5 Caretaker is prob not of much use. ;)

Indeed. Maybe I'll airlock him then... :tongue:

And make a video of it. Then post it on YT and link here. :wink:
  • Dralix wrote: »
    I said if someone get main prize after 3 successful duels and someone else can't get it after couple of hundreds or even thousands successfull duels is a very definition of bad game design.

Someone wins the lottery buying only one ticket, therefore the lottery is by definition bad design.

How much time and dedication cost you to buy a lottery ticket? How much time and dedication cost you to be competitive in Gauntlet? Yes, this is a very bad game design.
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    How much time and dedication cost you to buy a lottery ticket? How much time and dedication cost you to be competitive in Gauntlet?

I fail to see what this has to do with anything, but the answer is the same for both - as much as you want to put in.
  • ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lottery is a bad design for a mobile game based on a multidimensional IP.

Gauntlet is terrible, has been for a very long time. The ill will toward it is exacerbated by the way the rolls are displayed, and the fact that people are encouraged to focus on streaks, so losses are more costly than a simple 50/50 gamble. And the way the top prize is awarded is quite frankly frustrating to many.

I think DB have even admitted that it is a design they wish to revisit, I definitely remember the words 'stale' associated with Gauntlet by a DB spokesperson.

Voyages are the right way to do RNG. The RNG just adds interest at the margin. The bulk of the rewards are earned by solid crew construction.
  • Oh no, the Gaunlet is not an example of bad Game Design. It is an example of WORST Game Design.
    I'm pretty sure it can win a Prize in a Catecory for Worst Game Design.
    It is for sure not only that the Reward System is indeed nothing than a lottery, it is the Luck-Based System (anoyne out there who never lost a fight ony because the 5% Enemy scored 2 Crits with 3 Chances while your Char with 25% scored 0 in 6) itself and the lack of different useful Chars (anyone out there who never saw ony Mirror Picard etc. as Enemys).
    A Game system that causes more pain and frustration then fun - that is for sure for me worst Game Design.
    Live long and prosper.
    Not a Native English speaker - be lenient toward me
    How much time and dedication cost you to buy a lottery ticket? How much time and dedication cost you to be competitive in Gauntlet?

I fail to see what this has to do with anything...

That's your problem, not mine.
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭

As far as problems go, that's pretty minor. I won't lose sleep over it.

As far as problems go, that's pretty minor. I won't lose sleep over it.

Whatever suits you.
  • sorinevsorinev ✭✭✭
    This is exactly the experience I was hoping for, but it was not to be. At this point I can only hope that I don't go 7k rounds with no Caretaker. I went 1786 and got 2 Guinans during that time, so maybe it'll work out well again.
    [SSR] Sorin08
  • PompeyMagnusPompeyMagnus ✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations! That's exactly how I got my first (and only) Guinan. I hadn't played Gauntlet in months and the first 3-win streak rewarded me with Guinan.
  • grants on the caretaker! I cantwait to get one, and then maybe 4 more??! :D
  • I will most likely have similar results.
    239 Immortalized
    Gametag: ECH