Home Engineering Room
Options

I Think I Have A Voyage Problem

Ok, so my problem is that I can’t truly tell if I have a problem. Earlier in the game I clicked on the 8 hour voyage dilemma and finally, FINALLY got The Voice of the Prophets only to find that option C, the option that gets you the Clown, was closed to me. To those that may not be aware, to open that option you have to click option A in the dilemma The Beginning of the End of the World beforehand in order to get that option to appear and not have the Clown already. Well, I qualify in all those ways, and I always, reflexively even, click option A whenever I happen to get The Beginning of the End of the World, just in case. Well, I’m pretty sure I had that dilemma before the 8 hour one appeared, but the problem is, I can’t remember for sure. So how do I check this? Also, can you get the second dilemma without going through the first? I’m about 98 percent sure I got both dilemmas and that I did everything right and still somehow didn’t get the option for receiving the Clown. I haven’t yet put in a ticket to support, because I was hoping for some feedback here first.
Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.

Comments

• Options
    I guess it’s time to start a ticket. I went through the log, a grueling procedure, and found where I HAD chosen the correct answer to open option C during the final dilemma. There was no option C available for me so I chose another and ended the voyage, but now I have pics of the log and am on to start a conversation with support, however long that may take and though it may be fruitless.

ng5njbosh0ca.png
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reporting more Clown weirdness. Just now I hit the dillemma in question; all three options were available. Left STT to look up the correct path in the wiki; had to restart STT. Upon return, option C was gone. I restarted STT again and option C returned and was able to claim the clown.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll forward this information to the team, thank you!
  • Options
    My customer support guy doesn’t want to believe me, so thank you for having the same issue, @Odo Marmarosa , lol. I have to start screenshotting any time I think something weird has occurred from now on. DB, you still owe me a Clown.
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    As RNG would have it, I got presented with the dilemma path again today. Option C was not present (as expected), but I was curious what would happen if I restarted the app again. After doing so, Option C returned, though selecting it just gave me Rifle Janeway. I remember that some people reported receiving a second clown copy before a subsequent patch; this current bizzareness may have played a factor.
  • Options
    As RNG would have it, I got presented with the dilemma path again today. Option C was not present (as expected), but I was curious what would happen if I restarted the app again. After doing so, Option C returned, though selecting it just gave me Rifle Janeway. I remember that some people reported receiving a second clown copy before a subsequent patch; this current bizzareness may have played a factor.

I have to say, that is just plain weird.
  • Options
    I had the exact same issue and I just submitted a ticket. My 2 hour dilemma was The Beginning of the End of the World, and my 4 hour dilemma was Voice of the Prophets, but no option C. I painstakingly went back through the voyage log to confirm I chose option A for the first dilemma. Thought I was lucky to get both of those in the first 2 dilemmas of a voyage, and then no clown, lol.
  • Options
    I had the same exact issue and am currently 3 days into a ticket of getting the runaround from support.
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »

Shan, If you could assist those of us with open tickets who are not getting anywhere with our support representatives it would be much appreciated.
  • Options
    Hungry Dog DDMHungry Dog DDM ✭✭✭✭
    I had this issue today. But it quickly resolved itself thankfully. I was sure I hit A on The Beginning of the End of the World. TVOTP comes up and C is not available. I closed the dilemma without picking anything. Opened it back up and boom C was available. I am now the owner of The Clown. Given what I've read though this is clearly not the solution for everyone.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    dthompsen wrote: »

Shan, If you could assist those of us with open tickets who are not getting anywhere with our support representatives it would be much appreciated.

That would be awesome but I doubt that @Shan or @Black Pebble read all these. Even if they did, they probably couldn’t help. I’m still being stalled by the CS guy on my case as well.

It sorta comes down to a near catch 22. The CS guy wants a screenshot of my option C greyed out, but I can’t provide that, because the reason I opened the ticket in the first place was because I couldn’t choose C, so chose A and ended the voyage. The fact that I had to choose A is the reason I submitted a ticket and now I’m kicking myself because I didn’t screenshot the blasted thing. Looks like I’m going to have to start taking screen shots of the game every five minutes or so, just in case.

I guess my point is, if I had had option C open, I would have chosen it. If I had chosen it, I would have the Clown, and thusly would never have submitted a ticket in the first place.
  • Options
    Zann, sounds like you and I are in precisely the same situation— a CS rep who won’t acknowledge a problem and won’t remedy it. Very frustrating.
  • Options
    dthompsen wrote: »
    Zann, sounds like you and I are in precisely the same situation— a CS rep who won’t acknowledge a problem and won’t remedy it. Very frustrating.

Extremely. I keep getting circular logic type arguments and it’s very frustrating. I think I’ve been asked for an image of the greyed out C 3 times now and I’m still telling him, I don’t have the image, because I didn’t think to take one. I’m human, sue me.
  • Options
    It shouldn’t have to be standard practice to screenshot every dilemma in case there’s a glitch.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I brought this up to the team lead, to see if we can improve how we handle tickets for this issue while we investigate it.
  • Options
    I brought this up to the team lead, to see if we can improve how we handle tickets for this issue while we investigate it.

As one who has experienced this same frustration, anything you can do to help is greatly appreciated
    ~ seeking out new life
  • Options
    Thanks @Shan . My case has finally been resolved. I think the CS guy just got tired of dealing with me honestly, but in any case, I got a Clown, which is great. Now I just hope that this particular issue with the dilemmas is solved before anyone else runs into it. If any other people have this same problem, feel free to whine and expound upon it here.