Home The Bridge

Assignment recommendation: Neutral Zone

edited March 2018 in The Bridge
qie9n878gk3y.png

Greetings captain!

It’s Commander Branch again, the chief personnel officer at Starbase 63. As you may recall, we’re near a recurrent temporal anomaly, one of the more stable in this universe, and as a result we have a steady supply of displaced personnel, many of them well-suited to jobs in this universe. My job is to orient newly arrived refugees and find work for those willing and able to lend a hand to Starfleet at this difficult time.

There are, however, some special assignments which Starfleet Command has asked me to forward to you and some of the other captains running point during this temporal crisis. In each case I’ve compiled a dossier of potential candidates, and am looking for your recommendation for this difficult assignment.

When last we spoke, you asked that Mirror Hikaru Sulu review security precautions at Relliketh.

The sixth of these assignments is to handle some tricky negotiations regarding an unpredictable series of temporal anomalies which appear around the Romulan Neutral Zone. The Romulan Star Empire claims the right both to their personnel discovered on the Federation side of the border, while simultaneously refusing to turn over Federation personnel found on their side of the line. A compromise needs to be reached.

Our candidates:
  • Anij, formerly a leading member of the Ba’ku. She had a unique ability to slow down time in moments, and was also a leader of the community. Her primary skill is diplomacy, with secondary abilities in science and command.
  • Vice Admiral Katrina Cornwell, formerly a flag officer in the mid-23rd century. A dedicated commander, she crossed over to our timeline not long after ordering USS Discovery to defend Corvan II. Her primary skill is diplomacy, with secondary abilities in command and medicine.
  • Amanda Grayson, formerly a teacher and the wife of Federation ambassador Sarek. She had a gift for conciliation and was a great asset to her husband in his often difficult duties. Her primary skill is diplomacy, with secondary ability in science.
  • Merchant Neelix, formerly a trader and salvager operating near the Ocampan home world. An experienced traveler and negotiator, he crossed over into our timeline from around the time of his first encounter with USS Voyager. His primary skill is diplomacy, with secondary abilities in engineering and security.
  • Professor Hoshi Sato, formerly an instructor in linguistics in Brazil. A brilliant linguist, she crossed over into our timeline shortly before she would have joined the crew of the Enterprise NX-01. Her primary skill is diplomacy, with secondary abilities in science and security.
  • Weyoun Clone 5, formerly the Dominion liaison to the Cardassian Union. Clever and duplicitous, he has long experience handling negotiations between hostile powers. His primary skill is diplomacy, with secondary abilities in command and science.

Assignment recommendation: Neutral Zone 95 votes

Anij
20%
[KM]VidemCaptain DurfRocpile[SoCo] Dr. AcularCapt. ChaosLady Gaghgagh[DB - Do Better]   ProwlerPallidyneRNGeverythingZottexPinkyfirstakloboSvenLundgrenK Han Solo Ng & Thank4 All DteaNivenFresCapt. Pete Owen=j= Grey Earl 'o'Automaton_2000*Nomad* {PoF} 19 votes
Vice Admiral Katrina Cornwell
6%
StormagedonThe Great Gornholio[STFL] TheHell2EarthGib - Admiral MarinersOlokin[GoT] DisruptorChief 6 votes
Amanda Grayson
13%
MikewastakenKnight RangerDpmtMagisse William T. RikerGeneral McDuck[TLA]  84wbRicard Daystrom cmdrworfTP do better!! ~Colli~ (PoF)captain_yarDavideBooksDirk Gunderson 13 votes
Merchant Neelix
4%
Neos472LarxeneDittoPuknuti 4 votes
Professor Hoshi Sato
32%
[7TW] UnkieB[KM] UL1R53The FishCaptain TFFor Cardassia[SSR] The Iron CoweXo | das411Nad HalKaiteescruffy151eXo | Cadet MattNS111111kobaNeems(HGH)ApolloOdo MarmarosaRowden[FF] Vice Admiral NairneSiegfried Neack 31 votes
Weyoun Clone 5
23%
AmphistaffCaptain_WhoSabine of Athens[GoT] jess-gay[DB:Do Better] More Tranya!Jim SteeleCommander Tucker[CAB595] Emrys Myrddin[DB: Do comBs] Kilana[10F] Fuzzy MooHungry Dog DDMBrunt, FCAJayBeezy[KF] Kapitan Dobchanp377y7h33fLeadHeadYateball[7TW] Attack EyebrowsRyanf47guest_944317005791233 22 votes

Comments

• For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    Professor Hoshi Sato
    We need more Hoshi!
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Weyoun Clone 5
    Voted Weyoun but reluctantly. I'd prefer more Jeffrey Combs but not necessarily another Weyoun

If anything, defector Weyoun would be the best choice for another
    Professor Hoshi Sato
    Yateball wrote: »
    Voted Weyoun but reluctantly. I'd prefer more Jeffrey Combs but not necessarily another Weyoun

If anything, defector Weyoun would be the best chocie for another

Weyoun 5 and 6 both should be added at some point I think.

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Weyoun Clone 5
    Tricky negotiations you say? That's Weyoun's middle name.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Professor Hoshi Sato
    Hoshi power!
    Let’s fly!
  • Anij
    All the above. Except for neelix, nobody wants neelix.
    239 Immortalized
    Gametag: ECH
  • Professor Hoshi Sato
    My personal view is that Hoshi is badly underrepresented in the game. I don't think I'd make the professor version of her the 5*, but she needs one eventually and there are a few other good options.
  • Weyoun Clone 5
    Needless to say, more Combs
    [9RS | Combs] Kilana
    9RS fleet is recruiting, PM me for more information!
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anij
    I voted Anij because I've wanted her in game for the longest time.
    But I will definitely go for more Hoshi.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    When I read the title for this thread, I thought it was related to the name of one of the new Collections, and that we were going to be given 6 different new Romulan characters to vote amongst, especially since the game could use more of these.
  • Professor Hoshi Sato
    Last call on this - new assignment coming tomorrow.
  • RowdenRowden ✭✭✭
    Professor Hoshi Sato
    Need more Hoshi in the game!
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Professor Hoshi Sato
    Hoshi power!
    Let’s fly!
  • [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭
    Professor Hoshi Sato
    Much as I'd love all the others, it would have to be Professor Hoshi. She'd do an outstanding job without upsetting anyone, and we need more Hoshi in this game.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anij
    Much as I'd love all the others, it would have to be Professor Hoshi. She'd do an outstanding job without upsetting anyone, and we need more Hoshi in this game.

Isn't this particular version of Hoshi the one terrified of Space Travel? Guess she'd get over it on the way to the Neutral Zone...
    Professor Hoshi Sato
    Pallidyne wrote: »

Isn't this particular version of Hoshi the one terrified of Space Travel? Guess she'd get over it on the way to the Neutral Zone...

This version of Hoshi is terrified of many things :P

Thankfully the journey to the Neutral Zone is a long one.

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anij
    Highway to the Neutral Zone (Neutral Zone)~
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.