Home The Bridge

Holo Emitters Holo Emitters Holo Emitters Holo Emitters H Holo Emitters Holo Emitters Holo Emitters

So our star base isn’t the best isn’t the worse stands at level 56. To increase all the rooms to the next level it will cost 281k holo emitters.

Something needs to be done about the level of holo emitters that star bases.

There are a number of ways to do this,

1 the first thing is that when you beat a ship battle you get both titanium and holo emitters.

2 Increase the amount of holo emitters you get on a ship battle the highest I have seen is 14.

3 Where do you get ship battles in the areana make it so if you win a fight you get titanium and holo emitters instead of the paltry 1k credits or as well as.

4 Be able to replicate them a single replicator ration will replicate 250 emitters.

5 Make them drop in voyages/scans

6 Give them away as prizes like merits

7 my personal favourite reduce the number of holo emitters you need

8 all of the above.

Comments

• (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes way too many holoemitters needed and too few pay out. Even when I do warp 10 of the 4 chron missions I often only get one or two holoemitters.
    Let’s fly!
  • Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    My fleet sacrifices some chrons to do more ship battles and we can almost compensate for the lack of holoemitters, but I still don't understand what DB is thinking. By making holoemitters so scarce, all of the other components become irrelevant.
  • RogaDanarRogaDanar ✭✭✭
    I pretty much do all my free missions as ship battles. It isn't pretty but it helps.
  • al103al103 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    9. Encourage your fleet mates to run less-efficient ship battles for their farming purposes over away missions

9A. Encourage your fleet mates to start looking wiki because many down the list ship battles are actually best chron-wise.
  • al103al103 ✭✭✭
    While that is great advice, and I am all for promoting the wiki... do you really think we can get 50 strangers to go read an outside website to play the game? 95ish% don't even use the forums.

It would be easier to fix the game than try to force people to go to a website and read.
    You should posted this in answer to Rex.

In my experience people tend to agree to do extra work more readily than they agree to do self-harm.
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    al103 wrote: »
    9. Encourage your fleet mates to run less-efficient ship battles for their farming purposes over away missions

9A. Encourage your fleet mates to start looking wiki because many down the list ship battles are actually best chron-wise.

While that is great advice, and I am all for promoting the wiki... do you really think we can get 50 strangers to go read an outside website to play the game? 95ish% don't even use the forums.

It would be easier to fix the game than try to force people to go to a website and read.

The OP listed a bunch of things out of their control.

I listed the one thing that IS in their control.

Yes, I think it's easier to influence the behavior of your fleetmates than it is to influence the behavior of the company developing this product.

EDIT: Our fleet recently capped out the starbase. We ended up having a day or two where we were only donating Holos. It is out of balance, I whole heartedly agree, but not as wildly so as this post might indicate provided adequate coordination/behavior.
  • al103 wrote: »

Yes, I think it's easier to influence the behavior of your fleetmates than it is to influence the behavior of the company developing this product.

EDIT: Our fleet recently capped out the starbase. We ended up having a day or two where we were only donating Holos. It is out of balance, I whole heartedly agree, but not as wildly so as this post might indicate provided adequate coordination/behavior.

Peachtree, do you have a link for that? I don't see a page of Holoemitter drop rates on the wiki....

Peachtree, do you have a link for that? I don't see a page of Holoemitter drop rates on the wiki....

A link for what? Holoemitters can drop from any space missions (i.e...not away missions).
  • al103 wrote: »

Apologies, Peachtree, I replied to the wrong post.

AL103... can you give us a link to what you're talking about? I can't find a chrons per holoemitter list anywhere.
  • al103al103 ✭✭✭
    AL103... can you give us a link to what you're talking about? I can't find a chrons per holoemitter list anywhere.
    I'm not talking about chrons per holoemitter. I'm talking about chrons per item you want, which sometimes ship mission two pages down so people run away team one on top... and come short both on chrons that it cost more per item and on holoemitters which it doesn't give at all.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not talking about chrons per holoemitter. I'm talking about chrons per item you want, which sometimes ship mission two pages down so people run away team one on top... and come short both on chrons that it cost more per item and on holoemitters which it doesn't give at all.

The other point to be made here is that people who don’t know about the wiki probably believe the drop probability suggestions and run missions accordingly. For example, they may be farming 0* clothing patterns from Stolen Honor instead of On Their Heels, which despite being a low-chron mission will at least spit out holoemitters.
  • al103al103 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    The other point to be made here is that people who don’t know about the wiki probably believe the drop probability suggestions and run missions accordingly. For example, they may be farming 0* clothing patterns from Stolen Honor instead of On Their Heels, which despite being a low-chron mission will at least spit out holoemitters.
    And let's not forget about usual double mission of one difficulty instead of missions of two difficulties. And while Common Polyalloy one can be in either side (and no THAT much different anyway), Operation Isolate is usually two elites and zero normal which makes already costly *** Alcohol enormously more costly if you do not catch it. Though in both cases it's ATM, not SB - but IIRC there is same problem with SpaceBattle ones too...
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    And let's not forget about usual double mission of one difficulty instead of missions of two difficulties. And while Common Polyalloy one can be in either side (and no THAT much different anyway), Operation Isolate is usually two elites and zero normal which makes already costly *** Alcohol enormously more costly if you do not catch it. Though in both cases it's ATM, not SB - but IIRC there is same problem with SpaceBattle ones too...

Preach. I’ve had to catch myself more than a few times when looking to run Operation Isolate on normal, especially when I have a supply kit running and the elite version costs the same as normal w/o the supply kit.
  • can you give us a link to what you're talking about? I can't find a chrons per holoemitter list anywhere.

Last I checked (within the last 48 hours) they haven't made pages for starbase components yet.
    My 8-Point STT Strategy:

1. Voyage.
    2. Have fun. If something isn't fun, don't do it.
    3. Only pursue characters I care about.
    4. Contribute to the fleet.
    5. No more spending beyond monthly cards.
    6. Have fun.
    7. Voyage.
    8. Have fun!
  • edited March 2018
    10. DB You have to give us holos for free!
    noooo wait. Just max all the rooms. And by the way max all of my Crew.

• And pls more posts like this.
  • Princess TristaPrincess Trista ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes way too many holoemitters needed and too few pay out. Even when I do warp 10 of the 4 chron missions I often only get one or two holoemitters.

The fleets that were maxed had to deal with it, so you can as well
  • Even a simple feature of being able to trade our other components to the Ferengi for holo emitters would help with this. Yes they will rip us off but then people can continue to warp 10 the first mission on the list. :smile:
  • 🤬🤯
    Something needs to be done about this!
    More Holoemitters now!
    f3frnuvg1vv5.jpeg
    Joined game 6th March 2016
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Maybe improve ur fleet management of recommended rooms. If all of ur rooms need holos ur fleet did something wrong.

Usually it helps to always have a holo room recommended, so ppl don forget about farming those.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • al103al103 ✭✭✭
    Maybe improve ur fleet management of recommended rooms. If all of ur rooms need holos ur fleet did something wrong.

Usually it helps to always have a holo room recommended, so ppl don forget about farming those.
    Our fleet have holo room recommended all the time. Our situation is not that different after last addition and was exactly same before it. And we are finishing last room without holoemitters.
  • Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is another of those things that many people class as a bug or ‘problem’, when actually it isn’t.

By design there has to be intentional obstacles and slowdowns in game or else we’d all be hitting max on everything too easily and too quickly.

As others have pointed out, the OP should try and research ways to collect more holos and how to prioritise room upgrades. Work as a team with your fleet to figure this out, or read up the subject on the forums, it has been discussed before.
    The builds for the rooms are the same for all fleets. Yes, holo emitters are the most likely choke point. No, not all fleets have this problem (or at least not nearly this severe).

There are things DB could do to improve it (like fix the ordering of recommended missions) but that would, likely, still not fix your problem completely.

At its core, you have a fleet management/organization issue. Prioritize running space battles (even if they're slightly less efficient). Send ad warps on 20+ chrons space battles. Encourage your fleet mates to do the same.

It will take a long time to climb out of your imbalance, here, but you can at least improve things.
  • 🤬🤯

Just out of curiosity,
    What level is your fleets starbase?
    Joined game 6th March 2016
  • Every game has bottlenecks or chocking points. Can’t just removed all of them otherwise the game becomes too easy and boring.

Hate Holo like everyone else but I dont think they should be made easier to get. As so many mentioned: fleet management is the key

Starbase level 82