Home Ready Room
Options

Rules of Engagement

Is there a particular formula, strategy, magic bean for winning the PVP battles? I have gone against opponents whose stats are less than mine and lost. I have gone against opponents whose stats are equal to mine (including matching their battle stations) and lost.

Is it a roll of the dice?

Comments

• Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which division are you interested in? Commander is a lot different strategy-wise than the other two in my experience.
  • Options
    Thanks Peachtree Rex. I figured something was skeltered :) . I am currently playimng in the Commander's division.
  • Options
    I just look at the top ten list to see what ships they are using. In Commander division its either the Klingon K'Vort Bird of Prey or Val Jean. I generally see either a Commander Kang or a Constable Odo in the first slot with the second slot being between Mirror 'Smiley' O'Brien, Donik , or a shield repairer.

When you get higher up in the ladder if you don't have the ship maxed out you are going to have a hard struggle. To win in the K'Vort you need an element of luck and timing on when to cloak and activate Kang because you want to avoid damage as long as possible but still activate his bonus.

Sometimes I go through 5 or more losses just to get back to where I am currently at in rank in that division personally as my K'Vort needs one more level.

Make sure to spin the dabo wheel once every day to try and get the higher level ship schematics.
  • Options
    Hey AlloyIV, my bad. My apologies for the mislead. I will, however deploy your advice when I revisit the Commander division. Meanwhile, the correct division that I am currently playing in is the Admiral division. My ranks for the three games I am playing are -

Main Game - 12151
    Second Game - 19824
    Third Game - 18515

And yes, I spin the Dabo wheel every day, however, as of late I have been getting much of nothing :(
  • Options
    I play in all three with Admiral being the one I am in the lowest ranks. The current crew I am running in all the ships are below. You are higher level than me in both Captain and Admiral at this moment.

3000-4000 Com - K'Vort lvl 6 - Commander Kang, Ensign Mendon
    30000-40000 Cap - USS Enterprise 1701 lvl 3 - Constable Odo, Tuskegee Mayweather , Prisoner McCoy
    70000-80000 Adm - ISS Enterprise lvl 5 - 'Same as Cap' , Commander Barack
  • Options
    Commander - K'Vort - Kang/Donik (both FF/FE) - At start use the K'Vorts attack boost, use cloak then Kang (while still cloaked), try to time it so you're not wasting seconds while you're enemy is cloaked then use Donik.

Captain - Borg Sphere - Baku Worf, Ardra, Duras Sisters, Proton Paris - Good against Romulan Warbirds, use paris ASAP for evasion boost then Ardra, Worf then Duras. The high evasion should let you dodge burst attacks while Ardra (boosts critical bonus) should increase burst damage from Worf and Duras Sisters

Admiral - Bounty - I'm not very powerful in this rank but using Assimilated Tuvok, Ardra, Chaotica and Mirror Phlox. Use cloak and try to time it to avoid enemy burst attacks, use Ardra, Tuvok, Chaotica and Phlox in that order
  • Options
    Pay attention to what crew you are using. Make sure you choose the best ship you have, then man it with a mix of each roll and try to get the bonuses for the crew's proficiency. Sometimes it will have an engineering icon under the box and most crew members in their stats have bonus actions or effects.
  • Options
    For the Adm division right now I am running I.S.S. Enterprise @ level 7. My crew is Civil War Worf @ 51, Mirror Phlox @35, Maquis Takeover Torres @ 28, and T'mir @ 20. So 1 Atk to 14 & accuracy of 13/13/12. T'mir gives the atk boost & increases atk speed by 15%, but all 4 of them do 200% extra damage so I try to activate them all at the same time, so far, haven't lost on this config (only been on it for 1 day thought)
  • Options
    Commander: K'Vort (how original!) Kang and Dr. Selar
    Captain: D'Deridex: Commander Uhura, Princess Dax and Dr La Forge. Haven't tried this combo/ship out too much. Was playing with the 1701 Enterprise with Uhura (don't remember the rest)
    Admiral: Bounty (cloak is pretty good) Uhura/Kortar/Princess Dax/Arik Soong.

The main thing to remember is to use cloaking-bonus people first, after you decide to break the cloak.