Home The Bridge

Gauntlet - single rare portal reward

S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
Why don't I get any of the single rare portal rewards anymore in the gauntlet?

Comments

• Luck? I got one today, so they're definitely still in the rewards table.
  • He goes by the name Raul Nathaniel Gonzalez, a.k.a. RNG...

Seriously though, likely just happenstance. I've been seeing them at the same rate as always, maybe one, max of two, per Gauntlet... The single basic pulls are much more frequent.
    [GoT] Drunk Shimoda
    GoT Chief Communications Officer
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, you must be lucky then because I didn't get a single portal reward at least from December and I remember how before that I would get one every few days.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    These are as streaky as most rewards in this game. I’ll get no portal pulls from the gauntlet for a week and then it will dump a dozen single basic pulls across an evening.
  • It's frustrating AF, but it really is random AF. I'm on an "abstinence-only" mission when it comes to premium portal singles/10x until they update the crew pool, so they're just building up in the closet these days.
    [GoT] Drunk Shimoda
    GoT Chief Communications Officer
  • Secret JourneySecret Journey ✭✭✭✭
    It’s there. I got the fabled 3 single premium pulls just today...
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • Believe it or not, there was a time when 5x and even 7x single, rare portal pulls weren't uncommon.
    Proud member of eXodus
    Join the eXo|plosion today!
  • I got a x5 yesterday, from a 3 win streak.
  • I was wondering if the 7 prem pulls were still possible. I remember getting those a long time ago. Still get the occasional single and 3x pull though
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just got 3 BASIC portal pulls from a Gauntlet Crate.

For over a two months I just get that useless BASIC single portal pulls.
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got a 7x single premium pull from a 3-streak chest during the first gauntlet with the Caretaker. I assumed it was a newly added reward, as I had never gotten it previously during my 13 months of playing.
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got 4 blues (1 + 3) and 3 greens today.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Omg is everyone so lucky expect me? I didn't even know that Gunian could drop randomly, I don't even believe that I will get a Caretaker and now everyone is getting rare portals which I didn't see since the last year.
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guest, no worries, I never got a Locutus, Guinan or Caretaker. :)
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Secret JourneySecret Journey ✭✭✭✭
    And don’t forget the 3x premium portals give you L Troi, Money, Reed. Then Money, L Troi, Reed. Then Reed, L Troi, Money...it’s a DB karate kick in the chest every time...no big whoop
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Roughly once a week I get a premium pull from the Gauntlet (streaks or wins). Been awhile since I've gotten a multiple pull. I get 3 or 5 basic pulls somewhat more regularly. Get x10 Standard packs somewhat less often.

Usually its just honour which I don't mind. Last fall I did luck out and win a 5* Behold from a basic pull. Its not something I expect but its still a fringe benefit for running the Gauntlet.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMG, complaining here has worked because today I got 5x single rare portal pulls.

Of course neither of it was useful but still :)