Home The Bridge

The Same Already FF/FE Crew Drops In Pack Purchases (Like 3 Straight Times)

Is anyone as ticked off as I am about getting the same crew member 3 times in a row when buying these packs? This has happened to me at least 10 times in the past 3 months and the crew member happens to be one that is already immortalized. The latest being on the "Do No Harm" pack. Random, I think not. I know they can fix this but they choose not to for monetary reasons. I am at the end of this happening and I guess the only solution is to stop buying packs and to stop playing. I sent a ticket in but honestly, I don't believe they will do anything until I force their hand.

Comments

• Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I have 2/3 of the SR imortalised so I will abstain this time. If the honour exchange was better I'd probably risk it, but guaranteed most I would get is 1000 honour and a few trash schematics
    DB: Do Better
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    And that's why I'm not risking it. All the purples are immortal and DA McCoy is immortal for me as well ... it's just too much of a risk even to get the guaranteed 1/5 pack for 6500 Dilithium. With my luck, I'll certainly hit DA McCoy.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • My advice, if a pack contains even 1 character you don't need, then DO NOT BUY IT. There is no shortage of people here on these forums who will back me up on this. Welcome to the "Formerly a pack buyer" club.

+1 here! I'm truly shocked they don't realise what a huge money loser this is for them. It's not a "cheat" to guarantee we won't pull a character we already have immortalised and it would go a long way towards showing the customer base that they actually care about us.
    "There are two types of beings in the universe - those who dance, and those who do not."
  • You don't need to have all the super rares immortalized to keep getting duplicates. I have less than half, almost 40%, and still every time I pull a portal pack I get some tiny amount of honor in exchange for my money.

By the way, what's with the "chocolate cronut?"
  • al103al103 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    As to the complaints about "DB Losing money on these packs"...what do you want from them? 6 new crew in every pack every time they put one in the portal? With no repeats. Come on guys...
    Well, at least they mix and match. Pioneering Heroes was no go for me because of Trip, so here I had chance of Defensive Phlox... not realized chance as I got no golds, but at least nothing wasted.
    By the way, what's with the "chocolate cronut?"
    Forum's censorship.

• Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    The real solution is to get more honour from dismissal or better compensation for receiving duplicate crew.
    Agreed here! As I already had 2/3 of the SR cards FFFE it was an easy no brainer for me, I like a flutter as much as the next guy but for the 10$ pack cost I would rather seek enjoyment elsewhere.

Phlox is a gauntlet beast and Pulowski has a draw for being much needed MED, i just wish they sold the packs by more transparent means and provided the odds for each crew. I don't have the spare dilithium floating around otherwise I might have risked a punt but alas, better stick with event packs as at least then there is usually a 45/45% chance of pulling the threshold character to FF them.

Jim

DB: Do Better
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    They've never admitted it, but the odds on these packs are widely known/assumed. 90% change of 4*, 10% chance of 5*. Once the level is determined, equal chance of featured crew. So if a pack has 3 4* and 3 5*, that's 30% chance of each 4* and 3.33% chance of each 5*.

Personally, I will never buy a pack if I have a character FF. And if I'm only doing one or two I will think twice if there is a new 4* I could be stuck with at 2/4.

Also, unless you're planning to buy 10+ packs, never buy for the 5*, you will just be disappointed.

If more people stop buying packs DB will do something about getting immortalized crew, until then there is always another sucker. Looks like the OP was the sucker this time.
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jim Steele wrote: »
    The real solution is to get more honour from dismissal or better compensation for receiving duplicate crew.
    Agreed here! As I already had 2/3 of the SR cards FFFE it was an easy no brainer for me, I like a flutter as much as the next guy but for the 10$ pack cost I would rather seek enjoyment elsewhere.

Phlox is a gauntlet beast and Pulowski has a draw for being much needed MED, i just wish they sold the packs by more transparent means and provided the odds for each crew. I don't have the spare dilithium floating around otherwise I might have risked a punt but alas, better stick with event packs as at least then there is usually a 45/45% chance of pulling the threshold character to FF them.

Jim

I'd like there to be a difference between dismissing crew you don't want and dismissing a crew that the game even acknowledges is a "duplicate".

Dismissing some 4* you just don't like is your choice, and you get a small amount of compensation, maybe a bit too small, but I get they don't want you to just swap a 4* you don't like for one you do like.

But dismissing a duplicate crew is just...logical. Sure, some people level multiple copies, but that's not normal. I'd like it if the game acknowledged that pulling duplicate crew is just **tsk tsk** luck, and you've gotten something completely useless, and you're dismissing it not because you're being picky, but because there is absolutely no reason to keep it around. Something like half a citation, or even a "stepped down" citation (dismissing a duplicate 5* gives you a 4* citation or equivalent honour, dismissing a 4* gives you a 3* citation or equivalent honour etc.)
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • I got the last 10 for 10 offer twice. Out of 20 packs I got 1 SR that wasn't FF. Over time it just happens. I just figured that out of 20 packs there was a decent likelyhood of 1-2 Legendary Characters (ended up with 7).

Do like I do, only get packs where you have no FF characters. Chasing Legendary characters out of these 6 crew packs is never a good idea. I only pull from packs where I need the SRs, and if I get a Legendary then that's just an extra bonus.
  • JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018

But dismissing a duplicate crew is just...logical. Sure, some people level multiple copies, but that's not normal.

That is too general. With many characters that surely applies. But if, say, a character is in the Top 5 of whatever, has outstanding base, proficiency or a good mix of both, is event character often etc., sometimes a dublicate is much better than a variant with worse stats.

• I mean, if you got Defensive Phlox 3 times in a row I doubt you'd be complaining.

It *chocolate cronut*, but it's bad luck and I don't know what needs "fixing" here.

It's better to prevent than to heal. Best solution would be to put some code and offer a possibility to prevent such cases from happening. I strongly advise not to participate in such practices and stop buying packs until this problem is resolved.
  • 977rdticuklp.png
    Here is a guy that spent 6500 dil and got 2 Toby Russells for his trouble and he also had her FF/FE
  • I had bought a 10 packs for $10 offer, and got three straight Mirror Ezris, which I already had FFFE, and NO other gold or purple crew in those packs. If it was an event pack, I would understand, but the odds of that on regular pack pulls seem near impossible. Sent ticket; response was the typical sorry we’re not sorry, no compensation.
    “With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.” Captain Picard quoting Judge Aaron Satie.
  • I made a similar post about the Do no harm pack, and in the end, it all comes down to bad luck. After my bad luck with the 5 pulls, after the weekly dil trickled in, I did a 6th one, which also amounted to 900 Honor. My beef with DB was simply the underhanded way they did it, because it is clear that people will dump money on the pack, and how.

In the end, chances of getting a legendary out of such a pack are roughly 8%. That's not much to go around, but it's awesome when it happens.
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Meowies ... I ... could not ... resist ... and got ... luckiiiies! :D FE'd him as quickies as possible and now already in the gawntlet with almeowst 1000 max med roll! :)

e9gnyglla45f.png
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    If people want to prove some weird unfair drop chances then they need to do an extensive catalogue of drops. Without that it could just be coincidence, bad luck, or only remembering the packs that gave you bad drops. These big packs with six crew are just so difficult to get the one you want. I stick only to event packs because of this.
    Let’s fly!
  • If people want to prove some weird unfair drop chances then they need to do an extensive catalogue of drops. Without that it could just be coincidence, bad luck, or only remembering the packs that gave you bad drops. These big packs with six crew are just so difficult to get the one you want. I stick only to event packs because of this.

It's not getting something you want its avoidi n g something you don't want. If you don't want 1 character out of 6 but get that one 3 times in a row. The laws of probability went out the window
  • Turning our $10 purchase into 1/100th of a future citation makes it feel like we just got conned (for the 12th time this month) by a Nigerian prince. Naivety and greed keeps us thinking maybe this time will be different.

Just guaranteeing a useable 4 star from each pack we buy would fix this. Make it so each pack generates enough honor to convert to a 4 star citation, so we don't feel ripped off when this happens. It costs DB nothing to make their paying customers happy.
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    It costs DB nothing to make their paying customers happy.

If it costs someone 5 packs to get something useful, and they change it to 1 pack, then it's cost them 4 packs.