Home The Bridge

Arena Crew Priorities

RogueAngylRogueAngyl ✭✭✭
edited March 2018 in The Bridge
When you are putting together your crews for arena battles, what is most important to you?

Arena battles are something I relatively struggle with, even with maxed ships. A lot of players use characters I have but would staff my ship with. Sometimes I wonder how much I'm losing because I'm focusing on the wrong attributes (versus the server beast schooling me).
My 8-Point STT Strategy:

1. Voyage.
2. Have fun. If something isn't fun, don't do it.
3. Only pursue characters I care about.
4. Contribute to the fleet.
5. No more spending beyond monthly cards.
6. Have fun.
7. Voyage.
8. Have fun!

Arena Crew Priorities 51 votes

Ability Bonus (Evasion, Attack, Accuracy)
9%
[TUFG] SiguardTP do better!! ~Colli~ (PoF)Siegfried VreenakRyanf47 5 votes
Passive Bonus (Accuracy, Crit Bonus, Crit Rating, Evasion)
7%
Peachtree RexGrant77PinkyfirstZillahn 4 votes
Bonus Ability (Repair Sheilds/Hull, Increase Boarding Damage, Instant Attack, etc.)
35%
Sabine of Athens[NDQ] Joker41NAMRocpileNiner47Travis S McClain[PAaA] Peanut3141Vice Admiral Starfish[SSR] GTMETHungry Dog DDM(CSF) Jesus Is Lord [••••]The Great Gornholioguest_582399774539776RaphillonLeadHeadS14 Bri RogueAngylNothing For AllTrepanator 18 votes
Some Combination of the Above
35%
{SST} Captain Magenta BorealisNeos472scruffy151Jim SteeleGrumpferPallidyneCrazy LeoDittoOdo MarmarosabluetibMerin[TFA] CaptainObviousGib - Admiral MarinersCapt. Pete OwenNeackDirk GundersonAandraaJoeSage2 18 votes
I like pictures!
11%
guest_7456PhotonKim[STFL] TheHell2EarthSiblin[OPA] Col. Fred L. JohnsonAutomaton_2000 6 votes

Comments

• Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    Passive bonus is very important, so don't sleep on it. Someone like 1701 Jadzia can make a bigger difference that you would expect.

One important aspect that you missed is timing. That's always an important consideration. I take characters with a long load time and long duration because I cloak through my opponent's attacks and then destroy them in the next 10 seconds.
  • Some Combination of the Above
    The highest +attack won't help you over time. Just as well, an insta-400%-damage will only scrape the enemy's hull if it isn't boosted. Try to combine crew so that their strong points complement each other at one point during the battle. Cloak always helps with initialization.

What I was wondering when reading the title was, do people actually shuffle around crew for offensive and defensive (i.e. when not battling) purposes?
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its fairly easy to beat most opponents with an instant attack boost. Cloak through their attack then hit them with everything rinse and repeat.

I think Arena battles are kind of irrelevant as the AI is simply terrible. Some 4* crew are also alot better than maxed out 5* crew, which I don't really understand either. The whole system needs to be redesigned imho and I'm not talking about redesigning the GUI like last time.

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    None of the above

I just throw on whoever I happen to have on my crew ... many of my spots are filled up with crew that:

a) I have active for cadet missions (Commander Division - K'Vort with Odo & Lursa - top 10% but only play once every few days).

b) crew I have FE but non-FF (Captain Division - U.S.S. Defiant with Klaa, Martok & Ardra - top 5%, can beat almost all opponents with massive burn damage).

c) b but with a few 5*s thrown in (Admiral Division - I.S.S. Enterprise with T'Kuvma, Ardra, Mirror Picard and Noah - top 10%, can burn down almost all opponents by just tapping all icons/crew etc. once Noah hits his second "bar" - i.e. the old mashing of all controller buttons in the hope you hit the right combo).

I "play" 5 times a day to hit the achievement ... when I say play, I mean start a ship battle and let it run its course while I do other things (e.g. read this forum thread and post on it).
    I usually try to win when I see I'm slipping out of the above rankings.

• Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Timing is everything: I want my attack and accuracy bonuses to line up as closely as possible, otherwise I feel they’re being wasted. I have also tried to avoid instant-damage crew...it feels like they never work for me and always work for my opponent.
  • Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    Jim Steele wrote: »
    Its fairly easy to beat most opponents with an instant attack boost. Cloak through their attack then hit them with everything rinse and repeat.

I think Arena battles are kind of irrelevant as the AI is simply terrible. Some 4* crew are also alot better than maxed out 5* crew, which I don't really understand either. The whole system needs to be redesigned imho and I'm not talking about redesigning the GUI like last time.

Jim

That's absolutely right. My 4* only crew basically never loses. Especially against people who use a bunch of instant damage, they don't even get half way through my shields. They are without question the worst crew for defense, not any more useful than an empty crew slot because they get blocked by cloak and never get another chance.