Home The Bridge

Idea: Transformation Citations

YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
Just thinking while playing the game today about something cool that they could possibly add into the honor hall in some capacity in "Transformation Citations"

I'm thinking that these would be used to apply to a character you have and it transforms them into another variant of the same PERSON.

Example being I buy a citation and apply it to Dixon Hill and it transforms into a Robin Hood

Obviously would need some thinking on cost and if the transform would let you go up from rares - super rares - legendaries but would be nice if you run into a pull on a FF character.

Thoughts??

Comments

• For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think if kept to variants within the same rarity level that could be a good lower-cost citation.

Mainly because screw you Drone Seven that I seem to always get. And because instead of endless BO Jadzias I could get endless Princess Jadzias.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • IkritIkrit ✭✭✭
    I think it would have a much higher cost than both citations and beholds in both cases (transforming to higher rarity or to the same rarity), even if it were random (so you could end up with any of the 4* Picards). If you select the crew that you want, then you are choosing your crew outright (albeit from small subset of crew, but larger than a behold in most cases), which you can only do in the Honor Hall or faction stores (beholds still have a random element, and citations don't give you new crew). It would also require a new UI for selecting crew. An option could be a random behold of Picards (5 variants), but that still would cause some issues for crew with less than 4 variants (unless they just do duplicates, so for transforming Angel 1 Riker it would show 1 Anbo-jyutsu Riker and 2 Augment Rikers, or 3 Doc Crushers for transforming Doctor Crusher).

And for going to a higher rarity, maybe to increase the cost would be that you need a FF copy. It could be like vaulting where the crew disappears, but you receive the new one in its place instead. But then, you don't actually lose anything, if they are immortalized. You could have it like Tuvix or Duras Sisters where they can't be immortalized, to prevent that shortcut.

You could also have a special version of citations, where the cost is greatly reduced if you give up another version of the character. So if you got a spare Dixon Hill, you could add another star to your existing Robin Hood for less than the 18k it would normally take. Maybe 10-20% off?
  • [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d like a single SR citation instead of 2x SR characters on the monthly card 😉
  • The Great GornholioThe Great Gornholio ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    This may be one of the coolest ideas I've read in a while!
  • THe only problem I would anticipate is that the designers would integrate RNG and you can't choose what variant you get.
    My 8-Point STT Strategy:

1. Voyage.
    2. Have fun. If something isn't fun, don't do it.
    3. Only pursue characters I care about.
    4. Contribute to the fleet.
    5. No more spending beyond monthly cards.
    6. Have fun.
    7. Voyage.
    8. Have fun!