Home The Bridge

Voyages challenge - apparently the biggest problem in the game - possible tips for people struggling

2»

Comments

• [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    As stated, this is a MOBILE game, it is designed to be played on mobile devices.

It started out that way, but then DB opened it up to Facebook and ultimately Steam. While it may still be a mobile game at its base, they've purposely expanded their market beyond that.
  • Phd wrote: »
    I now find it impossible to complete dailies anymore.
    I only have online access outside of my working day, on Wi-Fi only at home, I don't have a smartphone to access during the day. I am a level 52 player (VIP 5) and been playing for a long time, successfully achieving all the dailies almost every day.
    I have been running voyages pretty constantly since they were introduced, and normally achieve between 5 1/2 hours and on the odd occasion up to 6 1/2 hours, depending on the skill sets.
    A typical scenario is for me to start a voyage in the morning before work, then there is the first 2hr dilemma waiting when I get home. I immediately hit that, which is normally around 6:30pm, by 8:30 pm I hit the second 4 hr dilemma, then sometime between 10pm and 10:30pm I normally need to recall (having not reached the 6hr dilemma), the recall takes at least 2 hrs to return, by which time it can be past midnight, when I am in bed asleep. By the morning I am able to collect and restart the voyage for the new day. As you can see I am only able to achieve 2 dilemmas a day, and with the daily reset at 5am in the UK, it is now impossible for me to achieve this new daily, and therefore complete all dailies for the 200 Honor.
    Even shifting the voyage start time, to reach a 4hr dilemma in the mornings, all I have time for is to go about another hour and recall before work. I normally cannot guarantee a 6hr voyage, so I can't just leave the 4hr - 6hr running unattended, as it will more often than not run out of antimatter, it still only works out that I achieve 2 dilemmas in a normal working day. I don't have spare, and never use any dilithium to extend or speed up recalling voyages, so that is not an option.
    However you look at it, as it stands it is impossible for me to achieve on a daily basis.

So, I read this lengthy post...and my conclusion (while admittedly harsh) is that Phd doesn't really want to find a solution, he just wants to be upset and be a victim of the new constraints. So lets operate under the assumption (one that I consider fallacious) that he cannot get to 6 hours oh a voyage no matter what. With that assumption in mind, what would happen if he sent his voyage out before he went to bed? Wouldn't he have his first dilemma waiting when he woke up? Then his SECOND dilemma waiting when he got home? Going with his scenario, he would recall (1.75 hour recall for 4hour voyage?) at 6:30PM. It's back at 8:15. He sends a new one out at 8:15, and it hits the 3rd dilemma at 10:15. Recall it. 11PM, send the new one out for the next day. Is this not a possible solution?
  • PhdPhd ✭✭✭
    Why would I recall a voyage at 4hrs if there is another 1 1/2hrs to 2 hrs left in the tank, the longer a voyage runs the more chance there is of getting more rewards. The rewards, post the 4hr dilemma often amount to more than the 200 honor from the dailies, but it’s the fact that this has been taken away from what I have able to easily achieve for many months (over a year). If there was a sensible solution I would go with that, there just isn’t one!

My crew is shown below:
    3p30omxj5e7c.jpeg
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    @Phd

Mirror Spock has good science and command when FFFE he might be one to spend honor on and level. ** Mirror T’Pol has slightly higher voyage stats I made mistake of looking at base stats. Mirror T’Pol would be one to possibly use honor on**

Edit5: ** without citations on Spock or T’Pol you will have better results with your super rare Crew. **

Edit4: I have Spock, looks like T’Pol is similar but better DIP than CMD. She is more expensive to level. However you have two of her items already. Still could be less expensive to do Spock. But one of these two it would help you to get them higher fused and to level 100.

Edit: also level Cornwell not sure if you need to get her FF since you have Guinan too.

Also keep in mind almost all 3 skill crew are better than two skills for voyage. Probably would be wise to concentrate on trying to fuse them. (Edit: and level them at least if FF)

Main concern to reach 6 hours in voyage is not traits. You are more concerned in stacking the favored stats. However, it does help to have crew who have high totals. So you still would like to have Mirror Picard on your current voyage.

Keep in mind first assign voyage crew then assign shuttle.

Edit2: I see two super rare crew that I have used on voyages, that you do not have at level 100 Voq and Mirror LaForge.

I keep losing the following edit. **Commander Thelin sorry Ambassador shras** Commander Ellen Landry Klingon O’Brien, Ambassador Sarek, and Drone Seven of Nine. You should level too.

Edit3: you have room available if you need it. You only need 9 **cadets for cadet challenges on MTWThF. But those 9 include Tasha Yar. The 8 woman you have and Tasha guarantees that you can get all reward nodes and succeed.

For Sat. Challenge you only need four your B’Etor will need to be FFFE and you need sniper Ezri Dax FFFE. The other two Torres and Saavik you have FFFE. ( I only do the last Epic mission now. So only need B’Etor and Saavik and any woman for third spot)
    For Sunday you need one more, with above four, just to do last epic mission. Troi or Dukat would do.
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    My problem with the voyage daily is events.

As an example:
    kgl430mflyvk.png

Faction events are worse, because you need something like 12-16 of your best crew at any given time. And a voyage also needs 12.

I don’t open every faction event transmission and run the same ones each time. Thus, I don’t always know which crew I’ll need for the next round. So I often like to keep my options open. So I don’t always send out voyages 24/7 during faction events.

Just my two cents.
  • My problem with the voyage daily is events.

Faction events are worse, because you need something like 12-16 of your best crew at any given time. And a voyage also needs 12.

during faction events, I'm just going to send out cadets on a smaller voyage. I probably should already do that since I don't send voyages out during factions, but until now I've been too lazy to scroll down the list.
    Immortalized crew count:
    27×1★; 45×2★; 72×3★; 121×4★; 14×5★

FE, not fused crew count:
    0×2★; 0×3★; 18×4★; 21×5★
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crazy Leo wrote: »
    during faction events, I'm just going to send out cadets on a smaller voyage.

You don't have to go that far, but definitely send your B team. No bonus crew, and without seeing the missions you already know which crew never make it on non event shuttles.
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shy Khan wrote: »
    The easy solution is to give the 200 daily honor completion bonus in stages, much like the Daily Mission Rewards themselves. For example, right now you get Daily Mission rewards for completing 3 Faction Missions and at 7.

Similarly, players could get 100 honor for completing 5 Daily Missions, then the additional 100 for the next 6. (And really, it should be 150 due to mission inflation.)

I just ran into an issue that will NOT allow me to hit my 3/3 voyage dilemma for the 24 hour period, and therefore kills my honor bonus rewards for the day.

I am just recalling a 32 hour mission. The last 2 dilemmas are the only ones that count towards my daily honor rewards, because the recall time will get there 2-1/2 hours after the day resets. I may have just found the one and only "sweet spot" to hit this random factor. I am hardly hurting for honor points, but the fact that I am forced to miss the final daily (which I have NEVER done since they were introduced) bugs me. (Or I guess I could have spent the extra 500+ dils to continue to voyage to get my 200 honor. LOL)

I mean, I hit at least 8 dilemmas yesterday, shouldn't one of those count? ;)
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phd wrote: »
    Why would I recall a voyage at 4hrs if there is another 1 1/2hrs to 2 hrs left in the tank, the longer a voyage runs the more chance there is of getting more rewards. The rewards, post the 4hr dilemma often amount to more than the 200 honor from the dailies, but it’s the fact that this has been taken away from what I have able to easily achieve for many months (over a year). If there was a sensible solution I would go with that, there just isn’t one!

My crew is shown below:
    3p30omxj5e7c.jpeg

Phd, you have an awesomely expansive crew! I am very jealous.

My modus operandi is to level any crew I have 4/4 and 1/5 if they have 3 skills. Most of them will be good for voyages and shuttles. I would suggest trying to have a balanced roster - 6 of the above in each skill fully leveled and equipped (if possible) this may be tricky with engineering and medicine. But do what you can.

Some of the crew you have 4/4 unlevelled I use on Voyages almost daily, and I get to 7 hours easily nowadays. Six is easily within your grasp.

Level Cornwell and Kahless first, then the 4/4s (which should be easier).

Also, prioritize crew for voyages before shuttles. Shuttles are less important and they have a cap, so it doesn't really matter who you use. Sometimes I send some out to deliberately fail so I can bring the difficulty down a notch. Voyages are much more important right now.

Drone Seven of Nine
    Klingon O'Brien
    Torchbearer Voq
    Mirror Geordi la Forge
    Advocate Kolos
    Ambassador Sarek
    Ambassador Shras
    Commander Ellen Landry

Get T'Kuvma up to 100 and all the 3-skilled golds especially Kahless and Cornwell

Honorable Mentions:
    RAF Julian Bashir will be great for shuttles at 3/4
    Prisoner O'Brien regularly makes it onto my voyages even at 1/4!
    Katra McCoy is awesome and may be worth citationing
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
    edited March 2018
    This is my current voyage. As you can see, some of the crew we have are similar. I do have some pretty decent starbase bonuses, but they will still work for you. I have 1/5 Aviator Yar who makes it onto many voyages, as an example of a 1/5 with voyage stats equivalent to a 4/4.

Katrina Cornwell I cited, Klingon O'Brien, Drone Seven of Nine, Mirror Geordi, all if which you have too. I expect to get to 7 hours easily with this setup, even with engineering which I am quite weak in.

jkbuv6wut4qr.png

63uiu5evzklc.png

f43wk1c7nmc0.png
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m still in the habit of sending my top crew on shuttles rather than voyages and still get a good return. The voyage I just recalled went past 7 hours and is largely staffed with 1/5*s and a couple 4/4*s - Mirror Picard and Crell Moset were the only immortal legendaries I sent.

mrcbcb947pp4.png
    dvttju5flrmv.png
    jwfdp6m8drqr.png
  • al103al103 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Heh... If we comparing... My current is:
    5/5 T'Kuvma, Mirror Picard, Cornwell
    2/5 Kahless
    1/5 Guinan, Mirror Crusher, Suus Mahna Sarek
    4/4 Captain Janeway, Time Loop Mudd, Mirror La Forge, Tourist Quark, Celebratory Ash

6794 / 7989 / 2116 / 7932 / 4531 / 2812 with 9 matching traits (though not ship).

Quark and La Forge are on like every second voyage. Guinan, Cornwell and Picard like on EVERY one. T'Kuvma and Kahless are again on every second. Mudd and Sarek are too new (though other Sarek is common sight), while Janeway is each third-fourth voyage depending on skills and traits. Ash is good but usually I can't find place to plug him.
  • al103al103 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    As for shown list for voyages I would've leveled (without any priority, just going through list):
    T'Kuvma, Kortar, Voq, Klingon O'Brien (he was like on EVERY voyage before I put him to freezer), RAF Bashir, Mirror La Forge, Cornwell, Kahless, Ambassador Sarek (he's on weaker side, but Vulcan or Telepath are common and he have a good spread), Drone 7, Graduation Burnham (yes, two skill.. makes like on every third Voyage for me despite that... always on Shuttles rest of the time), Shras, Katra McCoy (I often enough use him somewhere despite just 1*, though lately mostly on shuttles. Rest of usefuls are not that useful at 1*.

I'm 100% sure I'm missing somebody simply by not interacting.
  • PhdPhd ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Many thanks for all the helpful comments. I did get a response from the ticket I sent in regarding this issue with the normal "thankyou for your thoughts" response. I did get 100 freeons, which are always welcome, but doesn't really make up for the 1000 honors a week I am likely to be missing out on!

I'll just have to work towards achieving guaranteed 6hr voyages.
    edited March 2018
    Update: that voyage got me to my first 8 hours so I'm pretty sure your crew can do some fine work for you Phd! And good luck with it too! I was so excited to get to 6 hours the first time, it was such a challenge but worth it for sure!
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many thanks for all the helpful comments. I did get a response from the ticket I sent in regarding this issue with the normal "thankyou for your thoughts" response. I did get 100 freeons, which are always welcome, but doesn't really make up for the 1000 honors a week I am likely to be missing out on!

I'll just have to work towards achieving guaranteed 6hr voyages.

I hope you are able to achieve it soon and that the suggestions posted above help you getting there.
    I am continually impressed by the amount of folks here who will try to help a player out.
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Phd

With that crew ... as others have mentioned ... you should easily reach 6 hrs without breaking a sweat ... a couple of points:

- I often recall voyages when I've still got plenty of AM left ... if I hit 6 hrs and still have 1500 AM left I do sometimes recall the voyage ... I might not have the possibility to check on it and so big chances are it could fail before the next dilemma etc. so I just recall and take what I can get.
    This is often the reason why I don't throw my best crew on ... but use a B-crew ... if I can get 6 hrs I'm fine with it ... I can use other key crew on shuttles, for events etc. ... I prioritise crew with regards to where I need success ... it could be that I need specific faction items, so then I use my best crew on shuttles to helpfully get a better change of success there.

- 2 dilemma schedule is actually the same as 2 shuttle batches in time ... so ... if you can time it that you send out a voyage just before you go to bed you have dilemma #1 when you wake up ... dilemma #2 when you finish work ... recall ... send out ... dilemma #3 before you go to bed ... dilemma #1 when you wake up. ... recall ... etc. etc. etc.

Now on to your crew ...

- You've got a crazy spread out crew set there ... with some great voyage crew languishing around at mid-level ... the best piece of advice is concentrate on 1 or 2 crew to level to 100 and only work on them ... forget about anyone else ... pick someone crew where you think you need help asap (e.g. SCI/ENG for voyages? Drone Seven's a good one or Mirror Geordi ... 4* Voq is the highest rated Voyage crew for 4*s, so get him to 100).

- From your crew selection for the specific voyage they are on ... I cannot figure out what the second skill is ... sure MED seems like one of them, and you've gone a bit overkill there ... SCI (what is Kim doing on the voyage then over the likes of Amb. Spock etc.)? ... SEC?
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Phd
    My previous post is some what a mess. Here is short list
    First level Cornwell, 2nd Mirror Geordi La Forge, 3rd you need science Graduate Michael Burnham looks like the highest available without using honor to citation.

Now the problem who out of Klingons
    Might be wise to finishing leveling Klingon O’Brien.
    Voq may be the easiest to level.
    T’Kuvma because he is 4F he is also easy to level.
    At this point Kahless should be leveled after above.
    Now Kortar

Next up Ambassador Shras, Commander Ellen Landry, Drone Seven of Nine, Ambassador Sarek, Advocate Kulos.

Now with these leveled probably should level

Bashir, Julian Bashir (Is hard to level but can be very useful)
    Mirror T’Pol not as hard as bashir still hard
    Grand Nagus Zek average to level for legendaries
    Detective Data very hard to level but some key replications can make him easier.
    Mirror Spock easiest to level but has the lowest voyage total of the bunch.

Mirror T’Pol would be the one to look at for citations. ( when I said Spock before I was comparing base stats and not voyage stats) However, level both and maybe see if you can get a second copy through luck. If an event features one of them that would be the one to look at citationing This is also dependent on needs. Because you also have Kahless, Cornwell, Guinan, Kortar, and Basir, Julian Bashir.

• PhdPhd ✭✭✭
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    @Phd
    - From your crew selection for the specific voyage they are on ... I cannot figure out what the second skill is ... sure MED seems like one of them, and you've gone a bit overkill there ... SCI (what is Kim doing on the voyage then over the likes of Amb. Spock etc.)? ... SEC?

FYI, I believe the silver trait was ENG on that voyage, not a great combo for me.
    Today’s voyage was MED / DIP, and I did get 6 1/5 hrs. So I was fine for the dailies :)
    With galaxy events I try to run the voyages down to the wire for most chrons, and rarely cut a voyage short if at all possible. Has back fired a few times when I get distracted, hate when that happens!
  • It's similar with 3 scans and 7 shuttles, which require most players to log in three times a day. Dilemmas however are more purrticular because the recall also takes time. So even if you recall every time after a 2h dilemma, you have to wait 48 minutes for the recall to arrive before starting a new voyage (and then you could get 3 dilemmas with 3 logins, purrvided you actually stay online for over 48 minutes every login).

Granted it doesn't matter if you need 3 logins for the shuttles, but scans can be done with only 2 logins since you can do 2 scans on a login with an ad.
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    Almost didn’t get my voyage daily today. Went to bed last night after recalling a voyage yesterday, and then didn’t have a chance to log on until after noon EST, because I had to get to work early, and then ran a voyage that barely missed the 6 hour mark, so I had to recall, which took more than 2 hours, sent out a new one, and it only just hit the first dilemma now, twenty minutes or so before reset. And I’m usually asleep by now. I usually get to work before 7.

It’s just one more thing I know I’m going to forget to do eventually...
  • RikerWasNumber1RikerWasNumber1 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Voyages is a worthless aspect of the game at this point. DB has made it about as relevant as Arena or the Cadet missions. You run a Voyage if you *must* have those 200 Honor per day...and that's it. Before the nerf it was fun, now it's a chore. When a game becomes a chore it's nearing the end of it's days. If not for the 200 honor nobody would be participating in arena or playing those cadet missions that STILL CAN'T BE WARPED. Voyages drops are pathetic with 2 and 3 star cards now with the occasional 4 star. Waste of time.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Voyages is a worthless aspect of the game at this point. DB has made it about as relevant as Arena or the Cadet missions. You run a Voyage if you *must* have those 200 Honor per day...and that's it. Before the nerf it was fun, now it's a chore. When a game becomes a chore it's nearing the end of it's days. If not for the 200 honor nobody would be participating in arena or playing those cadet missions that STILL CAN'T BE WARPED. Voyages drops are pathetic with 2 and 3 star cards now with the occasional 4 star. Waste of time.

Voyages will get you more honour and chrons than anything else in the game. By far. 4* Crew is just gravy.

Arena battles give you schematics for ships you don't have. They also give a decent amount of credits if you feel like it. When I'm short on money I'll start hammering at the Admiral division. I think I managed to place first 8 times in one day. With only 4* crew.

Cadet missions are the best source of certain faction items and low drop rate items. EAS and ACF also give excellent rewards for completion. TUF could use a buff although for relatively fresh players they're a little more helpful.

Just because you can't handle a little RNG doesn't mean you should give people bad advice.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • al103al103 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Well, it's kinda like your very personal opinion. One six-hour voyage doubles standard daily chrons, if you manage two then it's more than full spread of chrons even on MWF. Yes, 4* are occasional... they are still still useful and it's still at least as many as said 200 Honor daily from voyages, likely 500-1000. 2-3 4h ones are not that good, but still worth it. And even 2h one is oh so worth it for a new player.

Cadets are source of valuable items which are far LESS frustrating than **tsk tsk** shuttles that mostly end on 2 win/2fail unless you have very good crew and between number of items it's much harder to get what you actually need.

Arena... Well, if you don't find arena fun at least sometimes then it's only for those 5* ships for Voyages...
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭

I see one issue you might that I've noticed fresher players doing is the need to level partially fused 4* crew.

Don't do that.

You have a L90 2/4 Ambassador Spock. Every moment spent on that character is a moment spent not leveling someone else. Granted you might've gotten him early. Spock might've been your favourite character in an episode you really like. But you know what? Its just a fake version of that character till its 4/4. You have a tonne of 1/4's partially leveled on top of that.

Don't go after low hanging fruit.

Furthermore, try to level event crew as soon as possible. Sometimes its inconvenient but you'll usually get the most reward for the effort. If its a Mega crew there is no excuse. They must be leveled as soon as possible. For most people the Mega's will be their best character. You have two Mega's only partially leveled and its hurting your gameplay.

Having said all that sometimes its ok to do 1/4's and 1/5's. Some 4*'s like Mirror Geordi you'll get the most use out of in the Gauntlet. 1/5's are something else. They can have either high bases, strong proficiencies or both. Some are relatively difficult to level so take care.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals