Home The Bridge

Voyage Crew Selection Tool in Google Docs

[SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2018 in The Bridge
All,
For those struggling, I built the attached google sheet for selecting voyage crew. It has formulas for weighting stats by skill combination to help you select the optimal crew. Itis still a little manual, but but here is how you use it:

Voyage Crew Selection Tool

(hopefully I set up the sharing rights on this file correctly)

Setup the Sheet:
1) Save a copy to your google docs drive
2) On the master sheet input your crew and their voyage stats
3) copy the names of your crew and paste them into Column B on each Tab.
4) delete the values that I had input in Column K "use count" for each tab. I left my stats in there to help you see my logic and how I set up my crew

Select your crew:
1) Go to the tab of the voyage you have (example Command Security named "CMD SEC")
2) Sort highest to lowest (Z-A) by Column L "combined" (click on the down arrow in the cell header)
3) go down the list and select the top crew with hard to find traits, in this case Med, Sci, Eng. Give these 6 crew a "1.1" score in column K
4) Re-sort Highest to lowest by Column K
5) place "1" in Column K for the next 6 crew, to fill out your top 12 crew.
6) At this point you are either done, or you can try to optimize or balance your crew at the edges by playing with which crew you give the 1 to. (You may select crew that balance out your top stats, or maybe a crew with high overall stats to help balance the other traits, etc.)

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions or if you find it useful.

Comments