Home The Bridge

Galaxy Event Rare Reward Calculations

[SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
Does anyone have a handle on how the % for galaxy event rare rewards are calculated? I know the traits factor in, but is it just the base skill like shuttles, or does the proficiency factor in as well? Anyone have a clue?

Comments

• Just the base skill.
    "Dance with me. For science."
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering traits and skills are included, I think proficiency would come in to play somewhat. It would be the only explanation of seeing frequent 29% successes.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering traits and skills are included, I think proficiency would come in to play somewhat. It would be the only explanation of seeing frequent 29% successes.

Lol, that's just DB RNG. You can also have 0% shuttle succeed sometimes.
  • and the recipes requiring 2 skills use the good old (A+B)/2 like the AND shuttle slots used to. so those are your worst percentages.
  • I believe it's base skill, with the bonus traits adding 5% each, plus whatever the increasing "bad-luck" extra boost for not having gotten the rare recently is at that moment.
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭

How frequent? Like about 1 in 3?
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dralix wrote: »

How frequent? Like about 1 in 3?

I am going to try my own interpretation on his comment.

I think he means, that his 29% chance of success seems to succeed almost all the time. So he thinks proficiency is making that happen.

But it is only a streak of good luck. I have had this happen quite often in a Galaxy event. However, I will eventually see a bunch of failures.

This is not proficiency causing this it is just RNG. The line for success or failure is determined by base stat and traits and boost. Using the old formula for AND crew slot. RNG does its magic after that. You are either left cursing or amazed at your good fortune.

• Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    I have had failures on 97% on galaxy events in the past so success on low chances do balance out
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    60 percent of the time, it works every time?
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »

I think he means, that his 29% chance of success seems to succeed almost all the time. So he thinks proficiency is making that happen.

But it is only a streak of good luck. I have had this happen quite often in a Galaxy event. However, I will eventually see a bunch of failures.

Right, and my question comes down to seems vs reality. In a galaxy event with a lot of trials, we'll see 29% succeed a lot of times.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Dralix wrote: »
    WaldoMag wrote: »

Right, and my question comes down to seems vs reality. In a galaxy event with a lot of trials, we'll see 29% succeed a lot of times.

For me I have seen the success you mention. But I also have seen the failures. Usually the success happens for me at the start of the galaxy event. But it’s balanced out on the following days by the failures. There might be some inherent random seed number that favors the event start. But, unless you stop there it still will balance out.

I guess maybe we need some actual data collection to verify.

@Dralix
    I did not realize I was responding to you. I think we both agree that one has to record their data to at least give some weight to what they are saying. But, this still does not reflect the fact there will be at least 20000 other people that will balance this out.