Home The Bridge

5 of the last 7 events are galaxy?!?!!!

[SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
Can we please get a freaking break so we can actually level crew?!?! Or just give out 10,000 chrons so we can catch up. All the new crew combined with non-stop galaxy events is just a whole ton of threshold and out. At least in my fleet. 1 expedition/3 faction /2 hybrid/2 galaxy is a good ratio. Anything else kills chrons

Comments

• So it would seem

Faction events, I know I wont score well, so will runs shuttles the same as I would any other day, will get some rewards, but know I wont FF a 4* and will never get the 5* so I do other things

Even in Galaxy Events, if a 4* characters in my crew pops up as some equipment is made, I use it on them and not for VP
  • Wesley M ClarkeWesley M Clarke ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    There is prioritizing and sitting out, but when you make 75% of the events about dumping chrons and parts, it really takes the fun out of playing. The game seems to be set up to encourage collecting and playing daily and competing in events. Yet the event structures go against that because they can get people to buy chron packs instead of making trade offs.

Can always get more Crons, usually by Saturday morning you have hit the threshold, and can go back to normal leveling of crew, and maybe a few days before the event to save up crons, if you want the 4* that is

if you are playing for top spot, then that is a lot of saving or spending, but that is the same with factions
  • AviTrek wrote: »
    From Jan 4th through next week there are 11 events. 3 faction only, 4 galaxy only, and 3 hybrid. That's a pretty even split. The problem is when there are only 2 event types and the third is a hybrid of both it means that 2/3 of the time the event will at least partially feature the part you don't like.

We need a new event type. Ideally an event that doesn't involve logging in every 3 hours or spending all your resources.

but not expeditions, these are even more of a grind. Yeah at first you are like, wow, something different, then after about 100 hours you are less enthusiastic. Also you need a massive crew, so oh yeah no help to new players either
  • There is prioritizing and sitting out, but when you make 75% of the events about dumping chrons and parts, it really takes the fun out of playing

Then prioritize and abstain.

If DE notice that Galaxy Events attract low player attendance and low spending, they will reduce them.

But if we have this many Galaxy Events it's because they are so easy and lucrative for DB. Because of people who can't prioritize (wanting both to perform well and to level their crew) and end up buying chronitons.

Prioritize and send a message. DB is not going to change their event schedule for a forum thread (and we know because there's been hundreds pointless threads on this). They're going to change when the numbers tell them to.
    "Dance with me. For science."
  • AviTrek wrote: »
    From Jan 4th through next week there are 11 events. 3 faction only, 4 galaxy only, and 3 hybrid. That's a pretty even split. The problem is when there are only 2 event types and the third is a hybrid of both it means that 2/3 of the time the event will at least partially feature the part you don't like.

We need a new event type. Ideally an event that doesn't involve logging in every 3 hours or spending all your resources.

The problem is that if an event ends in galaxy, it’s effectively a galaxy. The faction half may give you an edge, but people competing still save up and pour thousands of chrons in to have a shot at the purple. When the issue is draining resources, a full or half galaxy makes no difference

No, it makes no difference to using resources, you are correct, but you don't have to do it. If your goal is to level crew, then do that, get a few levels of VP, then get some community rewards, and ignore the rest of the event.ted a thread about it

If you want the character in an event, then play for them, if you aren't bothered then don't, I did the minimum in a few of the last events, as I didn't want the crew and focused on my existing ones, I think I even posted a thread about it
  • Can we please get a freaking break so we can actually level crew?!?!

They don't want you to level crew. Well, at least not without spending money. The whole rational to games like this is a balancing act where they make it as difficult as possible so people spend money to relieve the burden, but not make it so difficult that it causes more than an acceptable percentage of people to quit. That's how money is made in this type of game. It's all human psychology.

Of the 3 event types, Galaxy events, by far, are the most profitable for them.

How is Galaxy the most profitable, most people get a FF 4* character, unlile factions if you play well you may get one, have you seen the scores people pull on faction events, that is 100's of $'s if not more, galaxy, if you are really keen on the event rewards, you can save up crons all week, hit the threshold and YAY another FF 4*

I have never spent a penny on Galaxy events
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we please get a freaking break so we can actually level crew?!?!

They don't want you to level crew. Well, at least not without spending money. The whole rational to games like this is a balancing act where they make it as difficult as possible so people spend money to relieve the burden, but not make it so difficult that it causes more than an acceptable percentage of people to quit. That's how money is made in this type of game. It's all human psychology.

How is Galaxy the most profitable, most people get a FF 4* character, unlile factions if you play well you may get one, have you seen the scores people pull on faction events, that is 100's of $'s if not more, galaxy, if you are really keen on the event rewards, you can save up crons all week, hit the threshold and YAY another FF 4*

I have never spent a penny on Galaxy events

I know folks in my fleet that buy packs on Galaxy weeks specifically to then use the chrons on leveling. I think Galaxy weeks would have to be profitable or the would not have stepped up the frequency.
  • [VA] NATE[VA] NATE ✭✭✭
    I had been saving my chronos from the last few events, just doing enough for a crew threshold, and decided i would go all out in this event. Not because I am a Neelix fan, but just wanted to. I looked and saw that only 15 people will get more than one gold crew. And odds are those people will already have multiple gold crew already. I actually like galaxies because I don't have to spend honor to ff any crew.
  • Webberoni wrote: »
    Can we please get a freaking break so we can actually level crew?!?!

I get the sense that a lot of people enjoy galaxy events because they don't have to spend anything (money or dilithium) to come away with at least one fully-fused 4* crew. If you're able to place in the top-2000, you wind up getting two fully-fused 4* crew.

If it's a faction event I am guaranteed to use dilithium to get at least one event 10x pack, in the hopes of fully-fusing the threshold 4* crew. From reading the forums and my fleet chat, I would guess that a lot of players take the same approach to these events.

Between voyages, daily rewards/challenges and free chroniton giveaways, I've been able to save up between 3000-4000 chronitons by playing minimally the week prior to the event. I still complete all my daily requirements (making use of ad-warp as much as possible), and have been able to level up multiple 4* and 5* crew.

Personally I find all the event types get stale after awhile. Galaxy events waste chronitons and items. Faction events need you to set an alarm every 3 hours for 4 straight days. Expedition events are fun the first time through as you figure out your crew to maximize the rewards, then becomes extremely boring and redundant. I'd like to have a weekend off at least once a month to have a break, prevent events from becoming too stale, and to give players a chance to focus on existing crew. DB could easily make up lost revenue during the off week by offering a wider variety of packs and multiple packs/offers, to find a way to entice everybody with one pack/offer or another.

Just my 2 cents...

all good points and similar to ones I have made across many threads
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    How is Galaxy the most profitable, most people get a FF 4* character

Remember that in games like this, most of the revenue comes from a small number of players. The money in events likely comes from the top 25, or even the top 10, not "most people."
  • Remember that in games like this, most of the revenue comes from a small number of players. The money in events likely comes from the top 25, or even the top 10, not "most people."[/quote]

Oh I agree, I'm not a F2P, I buy packs, not even event packs usually, normally hoping to get FF on crew I already have, I don't begrudge those people who buy extra crons, or FF/FE crew before events after buying untold packs, rushing shuttles, or even those who get up in the middle of the night to run more shuttles, hey that's the game you chose to play
  • V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    I think 4 or 5 different event types would help very much. We've pretty much ridden galaxy and faction enough for everyone. Figure out how to make expedition $$$ then come up with another event type as well please.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • V. wrote: »
    I think 4 or 5 different event types would help very much. We've pretty much ridden galaxy and faction enough for everyone. Figure out how to make expedition $$$ then come up with another event type as well please.

agreed, maybe something involving ships as they are pointless now
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

but not expeditions, these are even more of a grind. Yeah at first you are like, wow, something different, then after about 100 hours you are less enthusiastic. Also you need a massive crew, so oh yeah no help to new players either

You actually don't need a massive crew. With the changes to keeping missions unlocked and 100% crit rate you need a 6 crew tops. I ran the previous events with even less crew because my best crew could cover multiple stats and I wanted the max VP multiplier. I've stopped being a fan of expeditions too because they've made the scores too similar and forced you to buy tickets or mindlessly grind 100vp to compete. But the idea of an event that you can play when you want and doesn't burn your chronitons is what DB needs. Unfortunately they fired most of their development staff, so all they do now is copy/paste events of the same types.
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed, at least with this event the threshold was the new crew. I have Noah aready so I can just sit out the rest of the event
    DB: Do Better
  • [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love a voyage based event. Event crew get double stats, traits and ships align, etc. get VP for duration, etc
  • You actually don't need a massive crew. With the changes to keeping missions unlocked and 100% crit rate you need a 6 crew tops. I ran the previous events with even less crew because my best crew could cover multiple stats and I wanted the max VP multiplier. I've stopped being a fan of expeditions too because they've made the scores too similar and forced you to buy tickets or mindlessly grind 100vp to compete. But the idea of an event that you can play when you want and doesn't burn your chronitons is what DB needs. Unfortunately they fired most of their development staff, so all they do now is copy/paste events of the same types.[/quote]

Fair point, I was thinking more of crew fatigue after running and re-running the same missions, less about buying more tickets, which had slipped my mind was an option.

But I can't think of a type of event which would be good, maybe an even like the missions, so a combo of away missions and ship battles, but fatigue would have to creep in, so it would be like expeditions.

Ship battles only? Well, a lot of players can gold star ship battles on missions, so purely come down to how much free time you had to grind through these, unless fatigue played a part again. PVP like the arena=ish (I know it's not a true PVP), most of us lose more than we win, so would be a low scoring event

Voyages doesn't work either. whales would run a solid 4 day voyage, but then have the same score. Everyone else would end up with similar scores too.

The only thing I can think of is if we treat every month as a mega, all of the rewards are laid out at the beginning and have assigned VP point to each one, so at the end of it, you can pick what you want, may it be 2 5* FF characters, maybe 4 FF 4*'s, may it be a citation, then you can hit events where you are strong, just get some points on the ones you are not. At the end of month you could spend what you earned. Packs and re-fil would still be bought as you may only have enough points to get 2* on a 5*, and we could pick the in-flux of new characters. Actually I really like this idea! ha ha
  • I would love a new type of event. After 2 yrs it's getting same old-same old fast with just the 2.
    ~ seeking out new life
  • Whatever happened to that guy, who every week would say; "No Quadlateral? Boooo!"

You guys should hire him to come back. :D
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whatever happened to that guy, who every week would say; "No Quadlateral? Boooo!"

You guys should hire him to come back. :D

Umm he got his wish and we had a rerun of Quadrilateral in April of 2017.
    And I think he's still here and active.

So maybe take a lesson from him.
  • Can we please get a freaking break so we can actually level crew?!?!

You can do both: make money and at the same time make a game free from such harmful methods. DB made some bad choices and threads like this is simply a consequence of these choices.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I agree that it's too many Galaxies. Heck, even the rarer full Faction events are losing their appeal because it's just the same two types over and over again: lather, rinse, repeat. However, I think they're probably making bank on Galaxies from the chroniton packs. Lately, I've been buying them myself, but not to use on the event — I put them towards leveling crew (usually non-event crew), since I no longer can get nearly as many from Voyages without going a lot longer and spending a lot more Dil. But I'm guessing they sell a huge amount of those $10 chron offers.

Hopefully they are able to think longer-term and realize that while they may be making short-term gains, eventually boredom or frustration will wither away their player base if they continue to serve up the same event types repeatedly.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    Expeditions!
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!