Home Make It So!

Idea: Continuing Education Units

This events 10x Behold gave me my first Seven of Nine. I've been debating whether or not to put the time and energy into leveling her, just leaving her languish for the sake of collections credit, or airlocking her altogether because of the ongoing power creep issue. I'm definitely not going to airlock her, but it got me wondering if there could be a special attribute booster that could be used on characters that don't hold up to their modern counterparts.

I don't have many legendary characters immortalized, but I've been working on my growing collection of 3/4*s thanks to citations. These guys have been marching level mountain, and like good little lemmings, have been jumping off into the freezer. It would be nice to get more use out of them than achievement fodder, and it would also be nice to get more mileage out of some favorite characters who haven't help up over the course of time in game.

I could see this being an honor hall option, similar to citations. Just like some of us have to have to accrue continuing education certificates for our jobs, different characters could build up X number of CEUs to be rebalanced. It could also be limited to an annual or semi-annual option, so that certain players don't use this over and over and over and over on Mirror Picard to create an even more juiced up gauntlet behemoth.
My 8-Point STT Strategy:

1. Voyage.
2. Have fun. If something isn't fun, don't do it.
3. Only pursue characters I care about.
4. Contribute to the fleet.
5. No more spending beyond monthly cards.
6. Have fun.
7. Voyage.
8. Have fun!

Comments

• XoiikuXoiiku ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    RogueAngyl wrote: »
    I could see this being an honor hall option, similar to citations. Just like some of us have to have to accrue continuing education certificates for our jobs, different characters could build up X number of CEUs to be rebalanced. It could also be limited to an annual or semi-annual option, so that certain players don't use this over and over and over and over on Mirror Picard to create an even more juiced up gauntlet behemoth.

An interesting idea. I could see this being particularly relevant for older 5* crew. There might even be some possibilities for CEU's (or whatever they might be called if implemented) for adding a relevant secondary or tertiary skill (if the crew didn't have them), and CEU's specific to ship ability, proficiency, base skills or even adding some additional traits (missing traits should just be added by DB: Trait Audit Thread).

There would as you mentioned, of course, have to be some limits to the upgrades the CEU's such that it would just be adjusting/compensating for stat creep and maybe giving a little bit of flexibility to which CEU's were used on a particular 5*.

It might be a way to add a bit of RPG into what is ostensibly a Strategy RPG, and add some variation in the arena and gauntlet. My first Immortalized 5* was Detective Data, and I'd like some way to continue to upgrade him such that he is always relevant in game.
    We are all downstream from each other and ourselves, therefore choose to be relaxed and groovy.
    Consider participating in civil discourse, understanding the Tardigrade, and wandering with the Subspace Eddies.