Home The Bridge

Lack of In-Game Event Notes Week 3

Shan...... DB..... Again I have to ask why why why are event notes not put in game anymore?? No one complained about them? They were a good form off communication to your paying customers? Last time I posted this you said people need to go to the forums or use the link in-game (which is un-usuable) ......Yet things were so bad this week that I couldn't find stats for the new characters until someone else (a paying customer) did the forum a favour and uploaded the stats themselves... How have things become so shambolic with the QA and communication? Seriously how hard is it to send a mail in-game to everyone??! Please bring it back...... DB Do Better

Comments

• MordackMordack ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    I do find it curious that it stopped happening. It strikes me as something which doesn't take a great deal of effort on DB's part to do, but makes the game easier and user friendly for players.
  • CloneClone ✭✭✭
    They switched to only mailing the url in-game for a simple reason: there are errors in the announcement every single week, and they can edit those on the forum but can’t edit the in-game mail once it’s sent.

I suppose changing the delivery method is easier than proof reading.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand that it is less user friendly, there is nothing I can do about it.
    All event notes are and will always posted in the Starfleet Communications category.
    I will forward your feedback to the team.
  • Clone 7 wrote: »
    They switched to only mailing the url in-game for a simple reason: there are errors in the announcement every single week, and they can edit those on the forum but can’t edit the in-game mail once it’s sent.

I understand that, but surely if they have released the event packs then that is a final product, and an in game mail with in depth stats and explanation about whats been sold just makes sense?
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clone 7 wrote: »

I understand that, but surely if they have released the event packs then that is a final product, and an in game mail with in depth stats and explanation about whats been sold just makes sense?

Nope. They've missed mistakes and retroactively changed them later. For a while I kept the in game announcement until the end of an event to contest any issue if they changed it. Now they get to hide behind an edit button on the forum and pretend nothing has changed.
  • Problem is Link goes no where and I cannot find the info 10 minutes later. 10minutes I could of spent playing the game. Oh well ;(
  • edited October 2017
    Post moderated. Shan
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree here, I cant copy the link so have to check on the announcements channel for stats. I don't understand why the crew depiction when you hover over the rewards table shows the unlevelled stats and not the FFFE ones as surely the level100 stats are much more useful than the level1 stats.
    DB: Do Better
  • Since the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing, it's safe to say it's a proactive approach to avoid giving sorrytons to players for DB's miscommunication problems. They appear to be tightening their belts in many areas now, customer experience be damned.