Home The Bridge

What would you do for a Med/Eng with +1000 base in both stats?

[10F] NewtonianQBalls[10F] NewtonianQBalls ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2018 in The Bridge
This question is based on if we received this 5* crew within an event and not a "Best of Chance" pack. aka Worst of Chance. If it did only show in a Worst of the Chance pack I personally would not spend anything to get it.

This is a question of how you would spend your money and how bad we as the player base would like to have this kind of a character to help balance out the crew for voyages. I am to the point with my crew where I can get 10k in the two main stats in voyages but dread it when I get the Medical and Engineering combo. Yes, we have the Caretaker and Leonardo De Vinci which has helped to some extent but it still isn't enough to fix the issue. We are loosing out an easy 2000 points in voyages for each stat with that combo. If we can get La Borg and Mirror TNG characters, then DB can definitely find a crew that can have a Medical and Engineering combo with both 1000+.

What would you do for a Med/Eng with +1000 base in both stats? 93 votes

I don't spend money on STT and will go as far as I can in an event.
17%
[NDQ] Joker41NAMKettleKornHungry Dog DDMDittoRaraRacingp377y7h33fgregorytSiegfried Capt. Pete Owencaptain_yarRaijinmeisterUebermindAutomaton_2000Ryanf47SirLanikMuldorian 16 votes
Definitely go for top 1000 in the event for at least a 1/5*.
52%
AviTrek[KM] UL1R53[ISA] RavenCaptain TFSabine of AthensFor Cardassiagarner[SoCo] Dr. AculareXo | das411[TUFG] Siguard William T. RikerIvanstoneStormagedonJim RaynoreXo | Cadet MattGrant77[STJ] WendellJim Steele[TLA]  84wbPallidyne 49 votes
Spend enough for a few pulls to see what I can get.
24%
[SSR] The Iron CowDpmtProsserData1001IkritMordackKaiteeFredou[QH] OxmyxGrumpfer[DB - Do Better]   ProwlerCommander TuckerAHSOG2Locutus_of_Borg_(HGH)ApolloAdmiral_MorakTP do better!! ~Colli~ (PoF)GhostStalkerYateballS14 Bri 23 votes
Buy all the 10x packs I can till I get a fully fused 5*.
5%
Captain Sisko [AA][10F] NewtonianQBalls(CSF) Jesus Is Lord [••••][STFL] TheHell2Earth<TGE> Clifford 5 votes

Comments

• Definitely go for top 1000 in the event for at least a 1/5*.
    I did do the double your crew offer on my last Cornwell reward in the mega event, and even that was a stretch in terms of talking myself into spending money on the offer. I can make top 1000 if I am putting enough effort in but I rarely make efforts to up a 5* rank reward unless it's someone I'm super invested in character-wise.
    My 8-Point STT Strategy:

1. Voyage.
    2. Have fun. If something isn't fun, don't do it.
    3. Only pursue characters I care about.
    4. Contribute to the fleet.
    5. No more spending beyond monthly cards.
    6. Have fun.
    7. Voyage.
    8. Have fun!
  • [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot depends on what mood I'm in and how much dilithium I have lying around. Pulling packs didn't get me a Leonardo nor a Phlox so I'll take my chances on a Caretaker.

Naturally I'll try to do well in an event but so far top 1000 in Faction has eluded me, and I see more competition for a good card, and galaxy is very expensive though do-able I don't fancy spending all out.

I guess we all have to make do with what we've got, like I did for six months without a decent Med. The game isn't well balanced and we don't know if DB are really working at changing that. It seems unlikely imo as they need people to have 'needs' so they can make special offers.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be great to get. My worst voyages are eng/med combo and com/med combo as there is very few crew with those skills together and the ones that do like Leo Da Vinci and Delta Flyer Paris have med as the tertiary skill.
    Let’s fly!
  • IkritIkrit ✭✭✭
    Part of it depends on the character and the other event crew. I won't try for a 10% chance unless I really want the character and/or the 4*(s) is (are) worth getting. Otherwise, I will probably try for top 1k if it is faction/hybrid, but not galaxy
  • Definitely go for top 1000 in the event for at least a 1/5*.
    I would consider buying the $99 offer, if the offer was for that character.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd try for it but it still depends on the character and if it has a tertiary stat.

MED/ENG is just something I sort of tolerate when it appears. A single character isn't a silver bullet to this problem.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless it's galaxy. Getting into a chron bidding war for a legendary is not my idea of fun. Even if it's for Dr. Zimmerman.
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm only a monthly dil spender plus the occasional 10$ offers. Game is far too expensive for very little payback otherwise.

DB: Do Better
  • KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends who it is - stats or no, if Mr Med/Eng is some one-off guest character from an episode of Voyager that I can barely remember, I could well shrug and move on. If it's Dr. Elias Giger - hint, DB - I'll use up my dil on event packs, and if that doesn't work, take the Sunday $25-ish offer that includes another five packs.

But that's the only way - I don't get under 1000 in faction, and can't be bothered in galaxy, so I'll just try my luck with the draws.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other than MED/ENG (and MED/COM to a lesser extent), I’m actually quite loaded on powerful MED crew. The expenditures of both time and money to rank up in an event or buy portal packs just are not worth it for me. But I would consider buying a few packs if we had a Cyberneticist Crusher or a Nanoprobe-Infested Phlox...heck, a reworking of Dr. Soong to add MED (he’d have to be knowledgeable to re-create the human body in enough detail to make Juliana, for example) would be appreciated*, though highly unlikely.

*In the interest of full disclosure, my Dr. Soong is 3/5* FE...it would be totally awesome if he got ENG boosted to 1000 (even at the expense of SCI) and had a tertiary MED skill in the 600 range.
  • eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on the type of event - if it's a shuttle, then that mythical MED + ENG character (Fused Ilia/Decker maybe?) would be worth burning some boosts on, and i may or may not still have those extra expedition tickets still in the inbox!
  • Hungry Dog DDMHungry Dog DDM ✭✭✭✭
    I do spend money, but nothing more than the monthly card. Maybe buy a pack with my dilithium if I feel it's worth it.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    What would you doooooooo, for a Klondike bar?
    Let’s fly!
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What would you doooooooo, for a Klondike bar?

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has that jingle running thru their head whenever I see this thread.

e6ewtqw1yxvf.gif

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    [10F] Newt wrote: »
    What would you do for a Med/Eng with +1000 base in both stats?

I'd give up a Klondike Bar

• For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't spend money on the game, but I would dedicate all my resources to getting it, and it may convince me to try the monthly card or something.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't spend money on the game ... and there is no way that I would start spending.

The only way I'd get such a character is through a Faction event (or Expedition, but those are dead), where I can place top 1000 ... but I assume that this is out of my reach, as competition would be high.

Also, I probably wouldn't push for a 2-skill character, but a 3-skill yes. I imagine a 2-skill one would be like Scientist Degra ... who has been great for me at 1/5 but is slowly being outclassed by all the new crew coming in.

But ... in all honesty, I'm glad if they never create a crew like you're suggesting ... I mean, some things should remain difficult/a challenge. Creating crew like this you'd think; why even consider all the other ENG or MED crew out there if you can get everything you want in one?