Home The Bridge

Gauntlet Rewards

I appreciate that there is a chance to get specific crew items as rewards in the gauntlet, but I really don't appreciate getting items for crew I have already immortalized. Receiving the rare version of the Viceroy's Staff for a 30 win streak reward was dubious to say the least, when he has been sitting in cold storage for at least six months. I imagine the same algorithm governs Dabo to some extent as well, and it would be good if both offered more relevant equipment rewards.

Comments

• AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    They both do, but fail when you have no items you need. If you have multiple crew waiting for items then the items show up, but if your crew is mostly leveled or sitting at level 1 then dabo/gauntlet has no item to give you and just picks at random.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    But my favorite was when I once got 2 copies of a 5* item for Moriarty. The first copy was great and saved me the build, but then what was I supposed to do with the second?
  • Certainly you can game the system a bit to increase the chances of useful items, but there should also be a rule that if there are no valid equipment items, give a component (or something). A 3* casing is more useful to me than a 3* item for a crew I've finished.
  • Ever since Nod posted the gauntlet introduction video in January 2017, nothing has changed. Zero development since then. Other than Locutus/Guinan/Caretaker swaps and a few new trait sets, the gauntlet hasn't been touched. As if the initial setup was so perfect, that there a nothing that needs tweaked.

Nod said the 200 first come first serve player selection was temporary. The rewards might have been tweaked slightly in the first few weeks, but they're still unimpressive. In fact, I believe the weight of premium portal drops got nerfed since Guinan stepped in. I haven't seen the 7 pull drop for a good 6 months, and that's on 3 accounts with about 10k rounds on each. It's mostly 1 sungle pull, sometimes 3, rarely 5, never 7.

Any gauntlet with mirror Picards traits is automatically compromised by his CMD roll at 25% crit. It becomes a torture to play and a merit sink. The same goes for when Phlox gets a trait in a MED gauntlet.

And I'm sure they realize that high proficiency crew is an insane purchase driving force, yet they won't adjust anything in the gauntlet. Classic DB.
  • SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I love getting loot boxes at the end, and getting worthless 3* crap one could obtain in five minutes, let-a-lone 48 hours. What makes it funny is when every loot box gives 3* junk.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • AviTrek wrote: »
    But my favorite was when I once got 2 copies of a 5* item for Moriarty. The first copy was great and saved me the build, but then what was I supposed to do with the second?

obviously it was for your second copy of moriarty....
  • AviTrek wrote: »

Glad I'm not the only one. It has happened a few times, not only with 5* items.
    Captain Bubble Bobble
  • sorinevsorinev ✭✭✭
    I actually had crew who were at their current level max and needed equipment to proceed, and the gauntlet-end boxes went and gave me 5* Kira's Disguise, when I don't even have Disguised Kira. There were plenty of other crew to choose from.
    [SSR] Sorin08
  • ChaoticDNA wrote: »
    AviTrek wrote: »

Are you guys sure you equipped it after receiving it the first time? I received Shran's final uniform twice within two or three gold streak boxes, because I tend to complete all my matches before returning to the game. Most frustrating Gauntlet "success" so far.
  • Are you guys sure you equipped it after receiving it the first time? I received Shran's final uniform twice within two or three gold streak boxes, because I tend to complete all my matches before returning to the game. Most frustrating Gauntlet "success" so far.

For me they have been in the boxes at the end of the gauntlet, not streak boxes, so I don't think I could've done anything.
    Captain Bubble Bobble
  • PaPa ✭✭
    They should get rid of trainers in the Gauntlet. There are so many ways to get trainers in the game, it's always frustrating to get them when you could a valuable item.
  • Pa wrote: »
    They should get rid of trainers in the Gauntlet. There are so many ways to get trainers in the game, it's always frustrating to get them when you could a valuable item.

And by "valuable item" I am assuming that you mean literally any other possible reward.

Member of Rise of the Phoenix.
  • My best rewards were 2 5 pulls from the premium portal in a single gauntlet.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChaoticDNA wrote: »
    AviTrek wrote: »

Are you guys sure you equipped it after receiving it the first time? I received Shran's final uniform twice within two or three gold streak boxes, because I tend to complete all my matches before returning to the game. Most frustrating Gauntlet "success" so far.

They were both at the end of the gauntlet, so nothing I could do but hit claim and move on.