Home Ready Room
Options

Do you think this will make it to 8 hours?

GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
Lately I've been having a really weird experience with voyages. Sometimes voyages with low numbers will make it further than higher ones. It's like the RNG is a lot more than it used to be. So I'm putting this here:
gar1fcjcqpxc.jpg

Don't worry, I'm not going to live tweet the frakker, but I will come back and tell you when I recalled it.

Comments

• Options
    [BL] C6pilot[BL] C6pilot ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I'm going with, No. But I wouldn't mind being wrong. If I'm wrong I'll change my strategy immediately.
  • Options
    Yes ist will
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've tried Voyages like that and they often don't even get to 7 hours.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. If you're aim is for 8 hours you don't want to go beyond 10K in the two primary stats. You can probably get 8 hours if you do 9K/9K along with good other stats. Having some decent points in other stats will prevent a lot of failures in the first 2-4 hours of the Voyage.

This is my current Voyage:
    66v16vhco1b1.png

A variation of the same Voyage lasted 8h50m for the my longest Voyage. This one actually has better stats than this mornings arrival.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    The voyage estimator tool says 7:21. Even it's off by a bit, the answer's still "no".
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Way too low on the other skills, especially with only 2700 initial AM.
  • Options
    I just made my first 8 hour no refill voyage with this setup. Not sure how my luck compares to the calculator.jx3y4j6jdavx.png
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. For eight hours I like to have 9k-9.5k for primary and secondary and an average of about 3.5k for the rest.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Nice Job Picard Loves Reds!!!
  • Options
    NOPE. IMO if you had taken 1K or more out of the Primary Skills and put it into the other skills it could come close. I get a lot of 8 hours with 9.5K in both primaries, 3 skills in the 3.5-4k range and only leave 1 skill low if you can't get all 4 of the 'other' skills up in the 3k+ range.
  • Options
    no
  • Options
    [DC] Picard Loves Reds[DC] Picard Loves Reds ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Thanks @Gib
    I spent a lot of effort on MED crew since the Mirror TNG event. I need to focus on ENG/SCI for a while to bring them up to par.
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    @Picard loves Reds would it be ok if you list/post your crew?
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    al103al103 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Theoretically - yes. Practically? If one in hundred attempts with setup like this will take 8h it's a good luck. You really need main two skills to appear much more frequently than usual 60% to take it. Because after first hour remaining 40% would eat AM like crazy.
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    My spreadsheet estimates you'll fail around 7:11. Sure, it's possible you'll get to 8, but you'll need to luck into more than the expected proportion of Primary/Secondary missions.

Shooting for 10k in primary/secondary and average 2500 across the other four stats gives you an expected average right at 8:01 (assuming 2750 AM).

Dropping primary/secondary to 9500 means you need to average 3250 across the other 4 for an 8:01 (assuming 2750 AM).
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    15p68r0vbxjf.jpg

Ivanstone and the others appear to be right. I think the few times I've made it above 8 hours, I had a high stat in a third category too. Time to figure out that balance.

Edit: For anyone counting, 447 chronitons. The good news is I really needed this Bashir. He's 3/4 now.
  • Options
    milyybqtzwhb.png
    You can even manage 8hrs with quite balanced stats. That one must have been lucky though. Didn't think it would even hit 7.45
  • Options
    Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Voyage Estimator is really helpful. It even suggests what to increase/decrease so you don't over reach on your primary/secondary.

https://codepen.io/somnivore/full/Nabyzw

It estimates 7 hours, 21 minutes and gives this suggestion

WARNING: Your highest skill is too high by about 1896. To maximize voyage time, redistribute more like this: 9204/9204/2301/2301/2301/2301.
  • Options
    Thank you, everyone. And to whoever took the time to make a voyage estimator tool. Wow.
  • Options
    Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    I know I am late to the game here but I suspect the low SCI and ENG scores killed you.

As you lose 30 AM for a fail and only gain 5 for a win you need to win 6 times for every one fail. With the two low skills you are losing AM faster than you can regain it pretty early on
  • Options
    <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hunter247 wrote: »
    I know I am late to the game here but I suspect the low SCI and ENG scores killed you.

As you lose 30 AM for a fail and only gain 5 for a win you need to win 6 times for every one fail. With the two low skills you are losing AM faster than you can regain it pretty early on

Even that won’t do you a whole lot of good, because your voyage will still go through AM while you’re between hazards.
  • Options
    @Ironagedave Do you want my whole 4/5 crew or just my MED crew?
  • Options
    @Picard loves Reds if you wouldn't mind posting full voyage crew, im only just hitting 7+ hours at the moment would be nice to see the type of crew that can make it to 8hrs +
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Here's my current one, but I don't expect to make it 8 hours. I can re-send once I have one that I think will make it.
    i8y9kcwf97r2.png
    b6226tj9u3l4.png
    bln4rmjhr64k.png
    xo1wg2d4mvoo.png
    I am work and will have to recall at 7hours to avoid spending dil.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Duplicate -ignore :)
  • Options
    al103al103 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    What got me to 7:57 with 3 matching traits and NOT matching ship (passed hazard just before recalling):

Com/Sec voyage
    5/5 T'Kuvma, Mirror Picard, Cornwell
    2/5 Kahless, Kortar
    1/5 Guinan, Leonardo
    4/4 Tourist Quark, Voq, Celebratory Ash, Mirror La Forge, Tsunkatse Seven

8707/9084
    7020/2086/3899/3040
  • Options
    Many thanks guys
  • Options
    Uggh. IRL got in the way. I made it 7:25 before it failed.
  • Options
    AcerAcer ✭✭
    Just out of curiosity, what skill levels would you recommend to get to the 6 hour mark with no dil used and around 2600 AM to start.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Use the voyage estimator for the best results.

I would shoot for gold & silver skills of at least 7200 and 2400 on the rest. The skill failure point increases at about 1250/hr.