Home Engineering Room
Options

Duelist Yar not an Athlete?

How is this so? Tsunkatse 7 and Gladiator McCoy are athletes. How has poor Tasha not been granted this honor?

Comments

• Options
    MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    And as mentioned in the event thread, Anbo-J Riker!
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    @Magisse If I remember the episode correctly, Will Riker was less of an athlete and more of a punching bag.
  • Options
    Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    How is this so? Tsunkatse 7 and Gladiator McCoy are athletes. How has poor Tasha not been granted this honor?

There's a fine line between Athlete and Duelist and I feel that they have blurred it considerably by making Duelist Torres and Gladiator McCoy athletes. Tsunkatse Seven is at least participating in a sport.

The argument that you are making for Duelist Yar could also apply to characters such as Ushaan Archer and Shran, Duelist Barclay, Fencing Sulu, Kal-if-fee Kirk and Spock, and Musketeer La Forge.
  • Options
    A good point.
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, those above mentioned cards by Grant should be granted (no pun intended) the Athlete trait. :)
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    Thank you Eris. If only all Vorta were as nice as you!
  • Options
    Umpire Odo seems to be missing too (if Niners Kira is athlete at least)

Tsunkatse is a Sport whereas just dueling is no Sport. Then again, Duelist torres and Gladiator McCoy are athletes, so basically Yar should be, too.
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would argue that Kal-if-fee Spock and Kirk also need the trait given that duelist Torres has. Not goint to loose too much sleep over it though.

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you Eris. If only all Vorta were as nice as you!

Thank you Woof, meow! :)
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    al103al103 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    dunnagh wrote: »
    Tsunkatse is a Sport whereas just dueling is no Sport. Then again, Duelist torres and Gladiator McCoy are athletes, so basically Yar should be, too.
    It makes some sense for Torres from Klingon standpoint - no matter how much Torres tried to deny said roots. Though she really should be renamed Kal-if-fee Torres and Athlete trait removed.

It also makes some sense for McCoy - Gladiator games were sport if blood sport. Just McCoy is not athlete at all even if he participated... but acceptable trait going with Gladiator moniker.

Ushaan, Kal-if-fee, that duel Yar participated in and so on were matter of honor, so it makes no sense for that to be Athlete trait. (Which puts Duelist Torrest in interesting position... Duelling is not just a matter of honor for Klingons, but sport too... but if I'm not mistaken that particular case was f-g Kal-if-fee!!! Well, not-f-g Kal-if-fee, lol!)

Anbo Riker should be Athlete though.
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    <Tag>
    Riker In Torres out.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Olympic committee is discussing putting video games in as a sport and classifying the participants as athletes....I guess anyone who "flies" a console on the bridge could be classified as the same :tongue:
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    The Olympic committee is discussing putting video games in as a sport and classifying the participants as athletes....I guess anyone who "flies" a console on the bridge could be classified as the same :tongue:

Fencing Sulu, Duelist Barclay, and Robin Hood Picard are all participating in Olympic sports.
  • Options
    Grant77 wrote: »

Fencing Sulu, Duelist Barclay, and Robin Hood Picard are all participating in Olympic sports.

And holonovel doctor!
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, is Amboshitsu Riker not an athlete either?
  • Options
    Almost a AngelAlmost a Angel ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Fencing would make you a Farmer. Wheres that trait. Everyone would starve without Farmer's. Now were not talking Insurance here..thats another story.😁