Home The Bridge

Assignment recommendation: Ophiucus III

edited March 2018 in The Bridge
bpd6lryvtq43.png

Greetings captain!

It’s Commander Branch again, the chief personnel officer at Starbase 63. As you may recall, we’re near a recurrent temporal anomaly, one of the more stable in this universe, and as a result we have a steady supply of displaced personnel, many of them well-suited to jobs in this universe. My job is to orient newly arrived refugees and find work for those willing and able to lend a hand to Starfleet at this difficult time.

There are, however, some special assignments which Starfleet Command has asked me to forward to you and some of the other captains running point during this temporal crisis. In each case I’ve compiled a dossier of potential candidates, and am looking for your recommendation for this difficult assignment.

We previously spoke about a diplomatic assignment in the neutral zone, for which you recommended Professor Hoshi Sato.

The seventh of these assignments is an emergency situation, an outbreak of Leutscher virus on Ophiucus III. There is an immediate need for medical help, both in treatment of the virus, and in ensuring that it does not reach other worlds.

Our candidates:
  • Doctor Sarah April, formerly the chief medical officer of the USS Enterprise. She was the first doctor to hold that position, and pioneered many innovations and procedures that would become standard on Federation exploratory vessels, even designing her own medical instruments. Her primary skill is medicine, with secondary abilities in science and engineering.
  • 21st Century Beverly Crusher, formerly the chief medical officer of the USS Enterprise-E. This highly capable doctor crossed over to our timeline after a covert assignment on 21st century Earth. Her primary skill is medicine, with secondary abilities in command and security.
  • Beowulf Doctor, formerly the chief medical officer of the USS Voyager. Perhaps the most accomplished hologram in Starfleet history, he crossed over to our timeline after entering the Beowulf program to rescue several of the Voyager crew. His primary skill is medicine, with secondary abilities in security and command.
  • Doctor Elias Giger, formerly a research scientist specializing in the search for immortality. His willingness to consider unorthodox methods led to him being hounded by what he calls “the soulless minions of orthodoxy.” His primary skill is medicine, with secondary abilities in science and engineering.
  • Doctor Jeremy Lucas, formerly the senior medical director of Cold Station 12. An experienced physician who participated in the Interspecies Medical Exchange, he has experience both as a doctor and an administrator. His primary skill is medicine, with secondary ability in science.
  • Doctor M’Benga, formerly the acting chief medical officer of the USS Enterprise. An experienced Starfleet officer who trained on Vulcan, he was capable of handling both emergency situations and autopsies. His primary skill is medicine, with secondary abilities in science and command.

Assignment recommendation: Ophiucus III 68 votes

Doctor Sarah April
8%
scruffy151Althea BiermontThe Great GornholioGib - Admiral MarinersQuickfingersrobownage 6 votes
21st Century Beverley Crusher
16%
[KM]VidemCaptain DurfeXo | das411 William T. RikerStormagedon[TLA]  84wbCommander TuckerHungry Dog DDMSvenLundgrenNeackTrepanator 11 votes
Beowulf Doctor
13%
The FishRocpileLady GaghgaghPhotonKimOdo Marmarosa[STFL] TheHell2EarthTP do better!! ~Colli~ (PoF)Automaton_2000[BRO] R2DBro 9 votes
Doctor Elias Giger
25%
AmphistaffSabine of AthensFor Cardassia[DB:Do Better] More Tranya!Nad HalKaiteeObristRennJaxoBrunt, FCARicard Daystrom (HGH)Apollo[TUFG] Captain ZlogRogaDanarYateballUebermind<TGE> Cliffordsharqubus 17 votes
Doctor Jeremy Lucas
14%
[GoT] jess-gayJim RaynorLarxene[BL] Q kobaNeemsK Han Solo Ng & Thank4 All DteaI am Vash[7TW] Attack EyebrowsRyanf47 10 votes
Doctor M'Benga
22%
uss_bonaventureAviTrekKnight RangerDpmt[TUFG] Siguard[DB - Do Better]   ProwlerPallidyneKettleKornShran Wrap[KF] Kapitan Dobchan[FF] Vice Admiral NairnePepex82captain_yarDirk GundersonCookingWithNeelix 15 votes

Comments

• Doctor M'Benga
    (I've decided that Discovery, given it's rather short character list, can sometimes split its slot with The Animated Series, now that TAS is also sending characters into Timelines.)
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doctor Elias Giger
    Get out of my head! I JUST was talking about Doctor Giger in a thread with @For Cardassia yesterday... Obviously takes my vote
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doctor Elias Giger
    Dr. Lucas almost took my vote, but I had to go for Giger. He was such a fun character, in a fun episode that I loved.

And hey, the guy's an expert in immortality, if anyone's going to be a good plague doctor, it's him.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doctor Elias Giger
    Dr. Lucas almost took my vote, but I had to go for Giger. He was such a fun character, in a fun episode that I loved.

And hey, the guy's an expert in immortality, if anyone's going to be a good plague doctor, it's him.

Was reading about this episode recently and apparently they originally had Giger trying to resurrect his dead wife but thought the audience would then be rooting for him, and they couldn't have that. Would definitely have massively changed the character
  • Doctor M'Benga
    Yateball wrote: »

Was reading about this episode recently and apparently they originally had Giger trying to resurrect his dead wife but thought the audience would then be rooting for him, and they couldn't have that. Would definitely have massively changed the character

That's fantastic. They made the right call - you can't be humanizing Giger!
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doctor Elias Giger
    Yateball wrote: »

That would have felt very Mr. Freeze to me (and also a bit cliché), so I'm glad they didn't do that. He worked better as a straight-up mad scientist. Which is also cliché, but also more fun.

I was kind of rooting for him anyways :P
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beowulf Doctor
    Preferably with a sword in one hand and the container with the energy creature in the other.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doctor M'Benga
    Gotta say, I'm split on my choice and Geiger...
  • KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doctor Elias Giger
    I'd really like to see M'Benga added to the game, but there's no way I can say no to Giger.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doctor M'Benga
    Dr. Lucas seems well-suited to this task but I have to go with an OG CMO, Dr. M’Benga.
  • Doctor M'Benga
    This is on pace to have easily the most even distribution between the six possibilities of any of the polls I've run yet.
  • Doctor Elias Giger
    Do you want to die?
  • Doctor M'Benga
    One last bump for this: new assignment comes on Tuesday.
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beowulf Doctor
    I just really want Beowulf Doctor in game. I'd also like Freya. They'd both be SEC primary but still.

Beowulf Doctor: SEC, MED, SCI - Federation, Starfleet, Hologram, Hero, Cultural Figure, Duelist
    Freya: SEC, DIP, COM - Hologram, Warrior, Duelist, Romantic, Hero(?)
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.