Home The Bridge

Orion Interceptor Pack

Are the schematics not available via Dabo or Missions part of the pool (IE: NX-01, Borg Sphere, ISS Avenger, etc) available in pack? Or is it just the Dabo/Mission schems and the Orion ship?
Captain Bubble Bobble

Comments

• As far as I know it's the exact same schematics you could get in regular dabo/portal packs and the Orion Ship. For example: you cannot pull NX-01 Enterprise schematics from this pack.
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Think of event packs as an analogy. Those are the standard portal, plus featured crew. They don't include prior event crew.
  • and two days from now the $25 bucks for that ship will pop up
    "I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that"
  • Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just FYI - this pack *is* dropping schems from some of the newer ships. My ISS Defiant was able to level up because I got 300 more schems from this portal.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just FYI - this pack *is* dropping schems from some of the newer ships. My ISS Defiant was able to level up because I got 300 more schems from this portal.

Hmm...I don’t give two squirts about the Orion interceptor but I do have 750 ISS Defiant schematics burning a hole in my inventory, dying to be turned into a level 7 ship. I may have to buy a pack anyway unless DB has screwed up and intends on fixing it.
  • Just FYI - this pack *is* dropping schems from some of the newer ships. My ISS Defiant was able to level up because I got 300 more schems from this portal.

Curious. This is actually moving in the right direction IMO.

I've got all the Dabo/Mission ships maxed out, so buying a couple of packs to build the ship would be a waste of dil (IMO) as all but the OI schems would be of any use.

But now, there's the chance that some of these other ships might get a level. That's a little better proposition for a couple of packs.

It would be nice of the contents (what can drop) from these packs could be confirmed by DB.
    Captain Bubble Bobble
  • GogusGogus ✭✭
    I don't think it is worth it unless we get enough schematics to max out the ship, which won't happen.
  • I got 150 schematics for the Orion Interceptor and the rest were split up between the U.S.S. Defiant and the Ferangi D'Kora Marauder. Both of which were maxed out.
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    and two days from now the $25 bucks for that ship will pop up

With the other thing going on, it seems to have gone unnoticed that this nailed it.

Or maybe that's been the exact formula for awhile and I pay so little attention to ship offers I hadn't noticed.
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dralix wrote: »
    and two days from now the $25 bucks for that ship will pop up

With the other thing going on, it seems to have gone unnoticed that this nailed it.

Or maybe that's been the exact formula for awhile and I pay so little attention to ship offers I hadn't noticed.

It’s been the exact formula for a while.
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    It’s been the exact formula for a while.

Well, there you go. Nothing to see here. You may all return to your cronuting.
    There was one change. Based on player feedback, the offer up in the portal is not a best chance pack, but a guaranteed schematic if you purchase the 10-pack.

And thank you for that! (:

I don’t buy them myself, but I have a few fleetmates who do, and I live vicariously through them and their new ships.
  • There was one change. Based on player feedback, the offer up in the portal is not a best chance pack, but a guaranteed schematic if you purchase the 10-pack.

Thanks. It is a good change. Especially when it was followed with a standard ship offer of 2300 schems.

Now just add more variety in the schematics that drop and you'll likely get more sales ;)
    Captain Bubble Bobble
  • {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was one change. Based on player feedback, the offer up in the portal is not a best chance pack, but a guaranteed schematic if you purchase the 10-pack.

@Black Pebble
    You know, little tidbits of info like this that acknowledge you guys are ACTUALLY listening to our feedback, goes a loooooooong way to restoring our confidence in DB. I would encourage you to make this a regular habit, perhaps weekly in a stickied thread. It doesn't have to be a huge production. Two or three sentences like you just posted, done regularly, is all it would take to earn some serious goodwill from your player-base. Frankly, you guys need it. Thank you for the info.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

@Black Pebble - I cant thank you enough for both the change and the communication. I bought one of the schematic packs (albeit more for the ISS Defiant schematics rumored to have dropped, which they did and now I’m at level 7) where I would have never bought a “best chance” pack.
  • Did anyone even ask for this ship? I thought it was Romulan at first glance. Can we have some cool ships that people want? Who in this game has ever said "I wish I could fly an Orion Interceptor"?
    Did anyone even ask for this ship? I thought it was Romulan at first glance. Can we have some cool ships that people want? Who in this game has ever said "I wish I could fly an Orion Interceptor"?

Pretty sure that adding it to the game was a holiday related thing and not a “highly requested ship” kind of thing.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    That and the green aliens theme included Orion’s, so why not the Orion interceptor.
  • Romulans and Klingons have green ships too...or Breen.