Home Make It So!

Change the way packs drop crew.

The main reason I quit spending on those event packs and other special packs is because it always drops the crew I already have. Today was no exception, though I had refrained for such a long time to make any purchases. 3 of 4 pulls gave me the Orion Slaver (which slaver is censored in chat so cant even say the crews name!). This is extremely frustrating as i had him fully fused already. I would like to suggest making it so that if you have a ff crew from any of the offered packs that you add in a variable that takes into consideration that you have that crew and do not need it giving you a chance to obtain a crew that you might want, or another featured crew. Remember now these are packs that people are paying for. If you want people to spend more on these packs I would strongly suggest you make some way to overcome the chances of getting crew you don't need (have fully fused already). If people were not worried that they would get a crew that they do not need from a pack it would make the company a lot more money so for the sake of all of our business I implore you to consider this request.

Comments

• GogusGogus ✭✭
    I agree, there needs to be a change in how the drops occur in special packs. Hopefully they change this policy soon.
  • WundigoreWundigore ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Should be some variable to incorporate to give you a higher percentage of at least one crew you can use. I was not deterred from purchases by crew I airlocked over space considerations. I am deterred by a behold with three max characters when it happens over and over. I think it would be fair too to limit the change to purchased packs. My purchases have definitely slowed since I hit the point where I am over 50% to only get duplicates. I still buy the 10 packs for $10 when I get it, but that is about it now. I use my monthly dil card to extend voyages for the most part and rarely buy dil. You would be getting more money out of me if you tweaked things to reduce the "doubles" problem.
  • SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get what you are saying, but packs are essentially the lotto. There isn’t any implied guarantee. That’s how they keep people coming back for more. It’s just chance. The younger players keep buying, while the older players (occasionally) shoot for those they do not have. DB continues to make money, so for the time being, there is no incentive on their part to alter the situation. It blows, but it is...
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • WizzdomeWizzdome ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I just think getting 3 of the same event crew in a row is not a coincidence... that would never happen in any single pull. And the customer service just tells me if you would have spent more you could have gotten better crew but after getting the exact same crew three times in a row what kind of incentive does that give me to continue purchasing. I probably wouldnt have complained if it was just two of them but if i am spending dil on honor i might as well just buy honor with dil it would save me so much more...