Home Make It So!
Options

Will there be a commemorative Stephen Hawking Character ?

Memorable scene from Star Trek TNG, Season 6, Episode 26 The Descent (part 1). Lieutenant Commander Data is playing Poker with the most famous Physics Scientists of our recent history, Stephen Hawking, Albert Einstein and Isaac Newton.

Comments

• Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Similar sentiment was mentioned over Enterprise Surak, played by Bruce Gray who passed away last December. The proper action here is for DB to give the family proper time and space, not say "hey, now that they're dead, can we sell his image in a mobile game?"
  • Options
    WoOZWoOZ ✭✭
    Dralix wrote: »
    Similar sentiment was mentioned over Enterprise Surak, played by Bruce Gray who passed away last December. The proper action here is for DB to give the family proper time and space, not say "hey, now that they're dead, can we sell his image in a mobile game?"

Quite right, it does not have to be immediate, but thought I would put it out there
  • Options
    <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rights might be more complicated in this case, because Hawkings played himself on TNG.

If they can get the rights, though, I would love to add him to my crew.
  • Options
    Are we ever getting a Professor Hawking card 5*? He was featured in a Next Gen episode.
  • Options
    SMMSMM ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    For those that don't know;

Stephen Hawking - who died aged 76 - battled motor neurone disease to become one of the most respected and best-known scientists of his age.

A man of great humour, he became a popular ambassador for science and was always careful to ensure that the general public had ready access to his work.

His book A Brief History of Time became an unlikely best-seller although it is unclear how many people actually managed to get to the end of it.

He appeared in a number of popular TV shows and lent his synthesised voice to various recordings.

Stephen William Hawking was born in Oxford on 8 January 1942. His father, a research biologist, had moved with his mother from London to escape German bombing.

Hawking grew up in London and St Albans and, after gaining a first-class degree in physics from Oxford, went on to Cambridge for postgraduate research in cosmology.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-15555565
  • Options
    KTzKTz ✭✭✭
    +1 to idea
  • Options
    Ghett0Ghett0 ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Hello! This idea was originally posted by Warrior in the UC, but I thought it was worthy of mentioning. We in the community humbly request that an honorarium to the recently Deceased Dr. Stephen Hawking be included in the game in homage to his lifelong dedication and achievement to Science.

He was a member of the Star Trek Canon and starred as himself in an episode of ST TNG. He was a brilliant man and an ambassador for science and the relentless pursuit on knowledge and exploration of space.

We would humbly suggest that he be given High Science Proficiency as well as medium range Diplomacy.

Possible traits include Doctor, Hologram, Innovator, Resourceful, Astrophysics, and Gambler (given he is playing poker while he appears in the series.)

Though opinions on stats, quality of crew and traits may differ, I'm sure many of us would agree this will be a welcome and humble homage to a brilliant man who has helped re-shape the way our species sees the universe.

Thank you!

EDIT: Thanks for the move mods. :) #ForumNoob