Home Make It So!
Options

Hybrid Events

Hey. How hard would it be for you guys to occasionally change the order of the parts of the hybrid so that the galaxy part is 1st and the faction is second?
"Never teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig" Lazarus Long, Time Enough for Love, R.A. Heinlein

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2018
    I think this is intentional.

There is only so much you can do to improve your standing in a galaxy Faction event, so those scores are fairly predictable unless you get the odd player who is willing to dump tons of money into 5* boosts or rushing shuttles.

With the faction Galaxy part, there's a lot of pressure on you to improve your standing in the home stretch, which you can do with just investing more chrons. And when those free chrons aren't enough, maybe you'll buy some chrons to get that last second advantage over your bracket and pull ahead.

Or something. I'm sure there's a marketing reason due to how this is a better way to get people to spend.

Edit: I keep confusing my faction/galaxy meanings.
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this is intentional.

I agree, except in your analysis you swapped faction and galaxy.

But yeah, the question is like asking how hard it would be to change a goal in hockey to be worth 7 points. It's not a question of difficulty, it's a design decision.