Home The Bridge

Freighters at DS9

So I've been hanging around DS9 (in game) a bit, and I noticed at least two different freighters moving around that I don't recognize.
Anybody know what the reference material is? Or where I could find some good screenshots?
I happen to be very interested in freighters

Comments

• Next time you're there, post some screenshots.
  • You should go to the "Travelling Ship" map, you'll get a good view of one there as well.

https://stt.wiki/wiki/File:Traveling_Ship_basic.png
  • Happened to get close to them.
    7fyrjdzpzq46.png
    u4s5zqjbtmj1.png
  • [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    SpyOne wrote: »
    Happened to get close to them.
    7fyrjdzpzq46.png
    u4s5zqjbtmj1.png

**Ops to Odo**
    o89njx2f1s6m.gif
  • [KM]Videm[KM]Videm ✭✭✭
    The second one looks vaugely like the Mayweather cargo ship. I can't recall what Yates' ship looks like but it is a good possibility to be her's.
    We are recruiting for our sister fleet, Mirror Klingon Marauders! Contact me via private message if interested
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    They look like kind of "generic" freighters to me...Cardassian freighters don't have that long neck, and Bajoran freighters (like Kasidy's ship) didn't have that same modular look.

They do look a lot like the Earth cargo freighters we saw in Enterprise, so they're probably just some old-ish, or slightly updated Federation freighters.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    SpyOne wrote: »
    7fyrjdzpzq46.png
    u4s5zqjbtmj1.png

The first thing that came to mind for the top one is a Mercury-class battlestar rather than any Star Trek freighter. If the sun were behind you instead of behind it, it might not bear such a resemblance.

Agreed that the bottom one reminds me of the Mayweathers’ ship, ECS Horizon, though the front end on this is quite different from from the Horizon and there are only four cargo modules instead of five.
  • Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Front view of one of them.c97cirhvpj49.png
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Second one is a Y-Class freighter if it has the markings ECS-2801 it would be the Fortunate which wasn't the mayweather's freighter but the other boomer ship in Enterprise.

Not sure what the tubby one might be.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Thanks to all.
    The second one does appear to be a J class or a Y class or a combo of the two.
    I wish I'd taken a few other views of that first one. It is normally camera shy but currently seems to have left the system.

Cassidy Yates' ship was one of the reuses of the model first used as the Batris (so similar, but different). And from the dedication plaque on the bridge and the consoles there, her ship wasn't Bajoran but rather an Earth ship over 100 years old (TOS bridge consoles).
    Given the Cardassian occupation, I doubt many "Bajoran" ships were designed or built on Bajor.
  • SpyOneSpyOne ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    7mdifl43ypek.png
    Annoyingly camera shy.
    vdebn6j65104.png
    ikw3vkvqronn.png
  • It's a game about different eras merging together, so they could definitely be Earth freighters from 22th century, or even ships from another minor race/empire...

Though, I'm pretty curious to know if they're original work or creative common: the main ship models are (almost) all perfect in details and effects, particularly the K'Tinga, B'Rel, NX and Walker classes.
    Their designers own all my appreciation :)
  • First one reminds me of the Husnock warship from "The Survivors"

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/353/32516267292_9b78ba6032_b.jpg
  • SpyOne wrote: »
    7fyrjdzpzq46.png
    u4s5zqjbtmj1.png

The first thing that came to mind for the top one is a Mercury-class battlestar rather than any Star Trek freighter. If the sun were behind you instead of behind it, it might not bear such a resemblance.

my thoughts exactly .. the first one looks like Pegasus!
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the big one is the Zhosa, Kasidy Yates cargo ship. gb4ph2v1oss6.jpg
    Let’s fly!