Home The Bridge

Reinforcements Stamets

RaxnarRaxnar ✭✭
edited October 2017 in The Bridge
Did I miss something? IMDB has him as Paul Stamets. But in game his first name is Reinforcement?

Licensing issue?

Comments

• DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    And why do so many characters have the first name Mirror?
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raxnar wrote: »
    Did I miss something? IMDB has him as Paul Stamets. But in game his first name is Reinforcement?

Licensing issue?

I've seen his birth certificate, he doesn't want people to know his first name because he is embarrassed by his extremely utilitarian parents, but yes it is "Reinforcement(s)" because he was born 2nd and his parents thought of him as their child reinforcement in case the first one died. But then they had a 3rd child which allowed him to venture out and join Starfleet. If his parents hadn't had a 3rd child, they would have never approved since it'd put their reinforcement child in danger.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Can someone tell me why Riker Picard and bashir all have the same first name as well of Augment?
    Can someone tell me why Riker Picard and bashir all have the same first name as well of Augment?

Different brothers from different mothers, but all of those mothers attended the same pre-natal spin class and they shared baby names and happened to all like and pick the same one. Similar to why there are 5 Jaydens in the nearby daycare.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
  • KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    But it's pronounced 'Paul', so you can see why IMDb got confused.
  • Well this thread is unusually low even for the standards of these forums...
    "Dance with me. For science."
  • Can someone tell me why Riker Picard and bashir all have the same first name as well of Augment?

In Iceland, children tend to adopt a surname that consists of their fathers name and suffixed with either -son or -dottir, hence the joke that a mother has given all her kids the same first name so make life easier when shouting for them all. If she needs to call a specific one, she calls them by their surname...

So obviously in that timeline, they've the same mother, but different fathers!
  • Because he likes guns, obviously. That's why he has engineered mushrooms to fly into the heart of the empire and kill the evil orcs so that the real Klingons can take over and we can relax and enjoy all other iterations of Star Trek without wondering why the frack they aren't purple.
  • He needs a reinforced nose after the last episode...
  • I love this thread, LOL.
    Kira's REAL first name is either "Disguised" or "Mirror Intendant".
    Paris' REAL first name is "Delta Flyer".
    How about the Kardashian-inspired "North Star" Tucker ?
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Intendant, Flyer, and Star are actually middle names.
  • Sisko first name is 1701. Jadzia's mom liked it too! Gave same first name. It is actually One of Seventeen to differentiate from their neighbors the One of Lore and the child named after lot of deliberation, One!!
  • Because reasons.
  • Hold on a minute, I think that DB also got Duelist Torres's first name wrong too. IMDB says that It's supposed to be B'Elanna, not Duelist. How was such a mistake missed?
  • Now I understand why Uhura wouldn't tell her first name. What were her parents thinking calling her Dancing?
  • Moriarty's got the worst of it with a name like The.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then you've got people like Ardra, Pel, Lal, and Kilana, using just one name, like Madonna or Cher. Which of course can only mean they're all pop music superstars on the side. (Though personally, I'd classify Lal's latest album as more "Math Rock" than pop.)

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can someone tell me why Riker Picard and bashir all have the same first name as well of Augment?
    They're just all Bajoran relatives. Their surname is first.
    Data1001 wrote: »
    Then you've got people like Ardra, Pel, Lal, and Kilana, using just one name, like Madonna or Cher. Which of course can only mean they're all pop music superstars on the side. (Though personally, I'd classify Lal's latest album as more "Math Rock" than pop.)

I would totally buy an album from Ardra. She is one of the more underrated adversaries in the show. I found it absolutely awe-inspiring that she was able to pull the wool over a whole planet's eyes.
  • I immortalized Stamets an hour ago. He is big time in the current faction phase. I'm happy!