Home The Bridge

How to Deal With Complaints and Critisism, The Right Way

2»

Comments

• Mordack wrote: »
    Just found a rare picture of DB carpooling to work.

8yi5lx96fouv.png

Don't post pictures like that! You might get jailed like I did.

(I love sarcasm)
    Proud Member of Everlong and avid Star Trek Fan

• <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »
    I am a new player. Is this unwelcome threads closing policy standard here?

No. In fact, in the past, there have been a lot more threads I've been surprised they haven't closed.

Amen to that one.

• Don't post pictures like that! You might get jailed like I did.

(I love sarcasm)

In that case:

Has anyone told you you look Marvelous in stripes?

😈

• Don't post pictures like that! You might get jailed like I did.

(I love sarcasm)

In that case:

Has anyone told you you look Marvelous in stripes, but the keyhole does nothing for your ensemble?
  • [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭

Only if they are spam or aggressive. As Shan says, there are plenty of threads in which to make your point. Opening up half a dozen to say the same thing is too hard to moderate.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
    edited March 2018
    MC_Escher wrote: »
    I am a casual reader of the forums, so I do no see every post that gets made or locked/deleted. But my take on this issue is a lot of the posts/comments are not being constructive or even civil. It seems they are more along the lines of: "DB, you screwed us. Why can't get you it right. My 2 year old can put out a better game than you." I am sure they know they screwed up, again. They know the players are upset. There is no constructive criticism, just bashing of DB.

Obviously most, if not all of us, do not know how this game is coded. So maybe they planned on doing a 3 faction event, so it should be 6 shuttle missions per faction that can be opened at one time. But then somebody decided to change it to 1 faction. Maybe it was something they overlooked", but since with a single faction you can open double the amount of multi-faction events. It was "stuck" in multi-faction mode so that is why we can only open 12.

I am not making any excuses for DB. Just trying to give some perspective how a single change up can become a major screw up quickly.

I have a suspicion that a big part of it is that this is a hybrid event. The first since they made the switch to 6 missions per faction, no less.

It would seem likely that we will see the Klingons and Romulans in Phase 2.

Sounds logical. Still, it's ruined people's ENTIRE WEEKEND so Shan needs to let the forums get over-run with spam threads because, you know, she doesn't have anything better to do than sit there and watch people lose their chocolate cronuts.
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    I am a casual reader of the forums, so I do no see every post that gets made or locked/deleted. But my take on this issue is a lot of the posts/comments are not being constructive or even civil. It seems they are more along the lines of: "DB, you screwed us. Why can't get you it right. My 2 year old can put out a better game than you." I am sure they know they screwed up, again. They know the players are upset. There is no constructive criticism, just bashing of DB.

Obviously most, if not all of us, do not know how this game is coded. So maybe they planned on doing a 3 faction event, so it should be 6 shuttle missions per faction that can be opened at one time. But then somebody decided to change it to 1 faction. Maybe it was something they overlooked", but since with a single faction you can open double the amount of multi-faction events. It was "stuck" in multi-faction mode so that is why we can only open 12.

I am not making any excuses for DB. Just trying to give some perspective how a single change up can become a major screw up quickly.

Had we gone more than a couple events without making this kind of error, folks would be more forgiving.

Honestly, it ain't this instance, its all the instances leading up to this coming to a head with this one that has folks up in arms.

Even rioters often have a point. Should we let them trash the city centre though?
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »

Had we gone more than a couple events without making this kind of error, folks would be more forgiving.

Honestly, it ain't this instance, its all the instances leading up to this coming to a head with this one that has folks up in arms.

Even rioters often have a point. Should we let them trash the city centre though?

You just joined your opponents in hyperbolic analogies. I guess if you can't beat em, join em.
  • I acted quite rash. I am sorry. Now I feel bad
    Proud Member of Everlong and avid Star Trek Fan

• I'm looking forward to the 1000 compensation sorrytons Saturday so the back half becomes a real grindfest.

Yes. That's sarcasm.
  • Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭

Only if they are spam or aggressive. As Shan says, there are plenty of threads in which to make your point. Opening up half a dozen to say the same thing is too hard to moderate.

I don’t think I see it happening that way. Last night on here there was 1 thread discussing the issues and people were (rightly, IMO) expressing frustration but I wouldn’t say in a spammy or aggressive way.

That thread got closed.

After that another one opened up asking if it could be re-instated. That got closed.

Then a couple of other threads popped up, on different subjects (like seeking clarity on forum rules, this one and one or two others with some players sharing other ideas and points as follow on topics).

I don’t see this as ‘opening up half a dozen to say say the same thing’ AT ALL.

• All I ask for is a Mirror Picard
    "I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that"
  • {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I ask for is a Mirror Picard

I still lol every time someone posts that Oprah meme here. What a mess that debacle was.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was disappointed there was no compensation of any kind for the error. Compensation for mistakes is what made DB better than the other game companies.
    Let’s fly!
  • PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭

I believe that today would be absolutely perfect timing to give EVERYONE an EMH Mark I in their mailbox. :blush:
  • PenguinJim wrote: »

I believe that today would be absolutely perfect timing to give EVERYONE an EMH Mark I in their mailbox. :blush:

Also a free Khaless, Mirror Picard, and Merry Man Worf. That would be fair handed of DB.
  • PenguinJim wrote: »

I want my 15,000 honor back!!!