Home The Bridge
Options

The Galactic Series - How many of these cards do you want?

Ace BoogieAce Boogie ✭✭✭
edited March 2018 in The Bridge

The Galactic Series - How many of these cards do you want? 98 votes

Zero
14%
ADM Fletcher [ET]/SSR/ Captain S'logCaptain DurfXoiikuNurot William T. RikerHungry Dog DDMDittoAce Boogie(OPA) Major HerpsTP do better!! ~Colli~ (PoF)Killer KittyrobownageSpock 1 14 votes
37%
uss_bonaventureJeanLucKirkProssergarnerData1001Zombie Squirrel Capt. ChaosIvanstonescruffy151[QH] He-Who-MeowsJim RaynorLady GaghgaghGeneral McDuckKTzAntasil[10F] Fuzzy MooVice Admiral Starfish[10F] NewtonianQBallsDelphi1Capt J D Deveraux 37 votes
36%
[KM] UL1R53Knight RangerCaptainUnderpantsmilamber42[DSEF] dax0rMagisseCaptain Sisko [AA]Jim SteeleCommander Tucker[CAB595] Emrys MyrddinPallidyne[SJ] Admiral AkiCrazy Leo·§ë· For the ManyLeshy[FF] Frylock IBOL17sexy_ladyInquisitor Troi-RikerGib - Admiral MarinersIronagedave 36 votes
11%
[RotP]Ran AirenFor CardassiaTravis S McClainKaitee(CSF) Jesus Is Lord [••••]NeemsK Han Solo Ng & Thank4 All DteaPepex82Captain CrouchyPompeyMagnusRogueAngyl 11 votes

Comments

• Options
    Zero
    Martian Quark - solid episode but I have more than enough dip/com including convergence day Quark. Definitely no shot in a galaxy

Niners Rom - hard to watch episode for Rom. I have him ff/fe. He is strong eng but otherwise not a favorite.

Nurse Faith - underwhelming core stats. Gauntlet beast. I’ll go threashold but not a must keep card for me
  • Options
    <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay! You got Zero as an option this time!

It’s the little things sometimes. (:

Also, I wanted to FF my Niners Rom. I could use some eng base help. Was sorta hoping he’d be threshold. But at least this way works out well for a lot of other players.

I will gladly accept Nurse Faith, not only because I could use some gauntlet med help, but because I liked her character.

Like you, I have Convergence Day Quark, but I also have a backlog of 1/5s to level. Martian Quark would fall too low on my to do list to make him a worthwhile pursuit.
  • Options
    I want them all!

This gave me an excuse to level up my 1/4 Bunting Rom.
    Martian Quark is underwhelming in some ways, but also feels appropriate to be head-slapping right now given all the bickering about this event. So, irony gain.
    And Faith Garland isn't necessary a hard need, but I like seeing DS9 guest characters well represented.
    My 8-Point STT Strategy:

1. Voyage.
    2. Have fun. If something isn't fun, don't do it.
    3. Only pursue characters I care about.
    4. Contribute to the fleet.
    5. No more spending beyond monthly cards.
    6. Have fun.
    7. Voyage.
    8. Have fun!
  • Options
    Zero
    Yay! You got Zero as an option this time!

It’s the little things sometimes. (:

“Zero” finally did the trick!

• Options
    {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need one more dirty little Ferengi to get max rewards in the Rules of Acquisition collection. Rom fits the bill. Nurse Faith may or may not be useful to me in Gauntlet, so she's just a bonus. Not really interested in Quark because I really don't need another 1/5 taking up a crew slot, but if I wind up with him (I'm in the top 200 currently) I probably wouldn't airlock him. He (probably) wouldn't be the most useless 1/5 in my roster.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Already have Rom.
    I do not wish to add another C/D character to my roster at this moment.
    Faith looks pretty decent. I haven't decided if I'll keep her out of the Vault yet.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I already had Rom 4/4, but if I didn't I'd definitely want him, so he counts anyway. Faith is fine, good art, but I'm more happy to get her as a memento of the episode overall than for her own specific sake - still, I like her. I'm not going to get a Quark - with Rom already, and 4 of Faith from rewards, I just can't bring myself to try an event pack - and I really regret that, the art captures a fun moment, and besides that even with his hand held up I feel like he looks good just as Quark in general, I could imagine him looking like that in his bar waving his arms around while he's bickering with Odo or blaming Rom for something.

Edit: although if I do get a pack and it's Faith, I could always just stop at 100k for the threshold when I've got her 5* outfit and not have to keep going to 130k, and put those chrons to use levelling someone... darnit here I go again.

Edit edit: got Rom the first time, but Faith the second, plus a Behold that gave me a fourth star for Icheb. So no Quark, but not so bad anyway.
  • Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just the Rom, I have him at 3/4
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Options
    AntasilAntasil ✭✭✭✭
    I'm going for the nurse.
    I already have Rom 4/4, but if I hadn't he would have been my target. A good engineer from a memorable episode.

I would also have liked another Quark, but a legendary in a part-galaxy event is out of my reach. And with Rom 4/4 the event pack was too much of a gamble for me.
  • Options
    garnergarner ✭✭✭
    Whilst Quark is a great TV character, he is 2 stat so limits his value. He is a good 2 stat, but it is DIP/CMD. And it is a galaxy, so I am ok with missing out on him.

Rom, he is good shuttle ENG crew, but I already have him FF.

Garland, now she is great. I see people bashing her about base stats, this game is now all about voyages not shuttles. She is the 19th best voyage purple, and 6 of those ahead of her are vanilla (cmd/dip/sec). Her skill triplet, has 10 crew in the entire game. And she is 4th on that list behind 3 FFFE golds. So she is better than Gillan Taylor, Noah & Sybok. And she is MED primary when they aren't.
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm probably going to go for Quark and Faith; She wont be an issue to FF.

Quark might require too many chronos for a CMD/DIP crew of which I have plenty; but it was still a cool episode so I will see how Im doing after phase 1.

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    This is a tricky one for me. If I can get the last few stars for Rom without burning too many crons I will go for it, but the character or card doesn't do enough to make it worth too much effort.
  • Options
    Two, because I have Rom, but I'm not going for any. Faction events are not my forte.
  • Options
    WundigoreWundigore ✭✭✭
    Two. Niners Rom is not bad and I need three stars for him. I will work to get them. Faith is a solid addition and a nice threshold reward character. I love Quark as a character and the artwork on the card is nice too, but those stats just cannot justify the effort to pursue him.
  • Options
    For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    Martian Quark is just fun, I'd keep him for the same reason I kept Kilted Scotty. He's a great version of a character that I like.

Niner's Rom is not only in the same boat as Martian Quark (good character, good version, good episode), but I also really need his high ENG base.

Faith Garland will probably live in my freezer, but I like her, I liked the episode and I might keep her out for a while to see how she fairs as an alternative Gauntlet crew.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to finish fusing my Niners Rom. No desire for yet another 1/5* and I really don’t need help with MED in the gauntlet, though a free 4/4* is rarely a bad thing.
  • Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully I'll have the nurse finished today and only need to craft one recipe tomorrow.
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    so far standing 1 out of 2 - I got Green Rom immortalized in about 8hrs, now just want nurse Garland as she will likely replace my 2/4 Commander Chapel on voyages.

Brunt well eh if I have space to immortalise him ok. Not really fussed with niners Rom he'll just be another 1,2 of 4 probably.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    [DC] Picard Loves Reds[DC] Picard Loves Reds ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    @Kaitee Great point on the pack pull. Not sure I want to use too much dil though. The last time I tried event pack pulls it took me 4 tries before I got the purple that I didn't have FF
    EDIT - Went 2 for 2 on Rom. I GIVE UP. :(
  • Options
    MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    As usual, I'll get the two FF 4*s and be happy. I have to say, it's getting a little boring purposely holding back from trying my best, since a 1/5 is of so little use and would eat up a vital crew slot.

DB, I suspect you'd find that the events would become much more competitive (read: people would spend more to get their ranks) if we had the ability to keep the rewards. Just saying.
  • Options
    Happy to put the final 2 stars on Niners Rom. (more existing crew please!)

I liked Garland in the episode, she has 3 skills, and might by handy in voyages.

While I like Quark as a character and that episode, how many 2-skilled DIP/something 1/5*s do I really need? Just did this last week with Neelix. It's not the best long-term strategy for me to keep using up resources in galaxy events to clog crew quarters with 2-skilled 1/5*s. At least 4* crew can be frozen.

Every other week or so there's a decision to either getting or miss a character who I like and would otherwise want to collect, but legendaries in events are typically now not so legendary in skills. I think they should be, for 4 days of effort.

Some characters I've really wanted, are given decent art and skills that are good or great, but they're made entirely out of reach to me (pack-only). While I understand that DB needs to make money, I already invest in the game. I don't think that should mean needing to invest thousands to even obtain and build up my favourite characters. I'd like to be able to play to get and develop my favourite characters, as advertised, and not have tactical, practical need of non-favourites.

I play the game because I love Star Trek, despite the structure in place.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Magisse wrote: »
    As usual, I'll get the two FF 4*s and be happy. I have to say, it's getting a little boring purposely holding back from trying my best, since a 1/5 is of so little use and would eat up a vital crew slot.

DB, I suspect you'd find that the events would become much more competitive (read: people would spend more to get their ranks) if we had the ability to keep the rewards. Just saying.

If DB replaced the 5* card in the rewards with a 5* BEHOLD that included said card, I think competition would skyrocket, regardless of Event type. 🖖🏻

EDIT: Forgot to say that my goal is to finish my 2/4* Rom. Garland looks to be useful for me also, but I do not need another 1/5* either at this point.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    XoiikuXoiiku ✭✭✭✭
    Zero
    I'd like to be able to play to get and develop my favourite characters, as advertised, and not have tactical, practical need of non-favourites.

I don't particularly want any of these crew, for any other reason than to help with collections achievements and their possible usefulness in events which do have crew that I actually want. At this point another 1/5*, especially a 2 skill and 200,000 more honor debt relative to current accumulation rates, is almost an active disincentive to compete top 1000.
    Magisse wrote: »

If DB replaced the 5* card in the rewards with a 5* BEHOLD that included said card, I think competition would skyrocket, regardless of Event type. 🖖🏻

For events in general, I'd like to see more event re-runs, even within mega events with primarily existing crew. This way new and old players would have an opportunity to access or finish immortalizing more of the existing crew. I also think there is need for changing the event reward structure, perhaps something like the Threshold:Crew and Ranked:Honor concept with a smoothing of the rewards throughout the ranked brackets.
    We are all downstream from each other and ourselves, therefore choose to be relaxed and groovy.
    Consider participating in civil discourse, understanding the Tardigrade, and wandering with the Subspace Eddies.