Home The Bridge

Agonizing over 5* citations (advice?)

So I've got ~100,000 honor (was saving for new honor hall, too bad , stats disappointing!).

So now, i want to improve my crew, specifically for voyages. I typically run 6 hours no refresh, but can hit 8 in com/sec/dip primary/secondary combos.

I am trying to decide whether to improve what i am lacking (sci/eng) , or what i am already strong in (com/dip/sec). I suppose it comes down to "doing a little better in all voyages, or doing way better in some".

I could make the largest improvements by immortalizing Kortar and Bateson, but they both have the skills i am already strongest in. On the other hand I could get Jadzia (sci) or assimilated la forge (eng) up to 4/5*, giving me a noticeable boost to those skills.

Thoughts?

Comments

• ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭
    Going from 4 to 5 is the biggest benefit usually. But Assimilated La Forge is very good. I'd definitely consider adding stars to him.
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use Laborg (4/5*) all the time in voyages.

Over Bateson and Kortar; Bateson is in packs but Kortar isn't, so I would chose him - but yeah laborg gets alot of voyage action.
    DB: Do Better
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need some firming up in ENG/SCI so I added a star to Leonardo (now 3/5). He's not likely to be an event character any time soon but he frequently gets in Voyages anyways because of his traits and near unique skill set. He's also not in packs yet so it'll be awhile before I can reasonably get a behold of him.

If I do it again I'll likely limit my choices to main cast characters such as 7of9 (3/5), Assimilated Janeway (2/5), Delta Paris (2/5) or Honey Bare (2/5). I'm leaning towards Delta Paris since he's useful this week and next week's event.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Assimilated La Forge is really really good for Voyages. I would recommend throwing 2 stars on him.
  • all good advice here, and a clear preference for laborg. thanks
  • Don't forget that Jadzia and LaForge are main cast and will be used more often for events.
  • Took the consensus, and now 4/5* La Borg is my top engineer. I'm also down to <17k honor... i don't like that feeling
  • Secret JourneySecret Journey ✭✭✭✭
    I just immortalized Delta Paris and Mobile Doc and it really helps...but yeah, honor down to 19K...ooooofffff
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    Took the consensus, and now 4/5* La Borg is my top engineer. I'm also down to <17k honor... i don't like that feeling

I don’t either. Waiting until I have 150k to buy my first legendary citation.
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Took the consensus, and now 4/5* La Borg is my top engineer. I'm also down to <17k honor... i don't like that feeling

Me neither. I have 94K now and plan to wait until I have 104K, then use 50K for a 5* citation. That leaves a reserve for either one more 5* or three 4* citations, in case of emergency (lol).
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭

Me neither. I have 94K now and plan to wait until I have 104K, then use 50K for a 5* citation. That leaves a reserve for either one more 5* or three 4* citations, in case of emergency (lol).

I don’t have Kahless, so my emergency plan has to account for the eventuality that I randomly suddenly need him.
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep hanging onto my honour because I'm hoping I'll score The Caretaker and then I can pour two more stars into him since I'm in need of strong engineers and he is excellent for voyages. I might pour one citation into my Lorian though so he can go from 3/5 -> 4/5.

But like OP I am waiting on getting Captain Bev.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • edited March 2018
    Use the citation on someone who has a 5 star agonizer in their last equipment tier, since you said this is an agonizing experience :blush: