Home Make It So!
Options

One "refresh" on beholds if all current selections are FF or Immortalized

As the game matures you must be running into more and more players who are willing to buy packs but do not because the odds of pulling crew they can use have diminished because of pulling crew they already have. What about adding a refresh button where everything in a behold is FF or immortalized. The game already tells you this information so I cannot imagine it would be too hard to program in a condition to present a refresh button where everything if FF or Immortalized. You could even put in a modest charge of dil for additional refreshes after the first one.

Comments

• Options
    kobakoba ✭✭✭
    +1 , but no dil for refresh. EC are better.
    Leader of the Czechoslovak Fleet (Starbase level 134). We are recruiting!

My Cryostasis Vault
  • Options
    [BL] C6pilot[BL] C6pilot ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Simply don't allow all 3 to come up as FF crew. Better yet would be to have none FF. Remember, this has been a known issue from DAY 1 and DB has CHOSEN to ignore it. What should be an easy fix has been purposely left alone just for the sake of CS being able to say, "That's really bad luck". It's not bad luck when it's designed that way.

If DB charges for a refresh I have no doubt players will accuse DB of purposefully causing 'Pay to Refresh' to come up.

That said, what I'd agree would be another 'improvement' above and beyond fixing the FF Beholds, is to give the player a choice to refresh Behold choices. Perhaps even a scaled pay per slot. IOW, pay 100 Merits to refresh 1, 250 Merits to refresh 2, or 150 DIL to refresh all 3.
  • Options
    kobakoba ✭✭✭
    Perhaps even a scaled pay per slot. IOW, pay 100 Merits to refresh 1, 250 Merits to refresh 2, or 150 DIL to refresh all 3.

Paying DIL for refresh is simply paying twice for the same thing.

Leader of the Czechoslovak Fleet (Starbase level 134). We are recruiting!

My Cryostasis Vault
  • Options
    KTzKTz ✭✭✭
    +1 for idea but not with DIL.
  • Options
    RogueAngylRogueAngyl ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Perhaps even a scaled pay per slot. IOW, pay 100 Merits to refresh 1, 250 Merits to refresh 2, or 150 DIL to refresh all 3.

This would seem reasonable. Ideally having a system to not throw all fully immortaled crew at us would be preferable but if you are far enough along to get two FF X3 beholds (which I have had happen) 100 dilithium doesn't seem unreasonable to me... especially given that collections and achievements offer dilithium.
    My 8-Point STT Strategy:

1. Voyage.
    2. Have fun. If something isn't fun, don't do it.
    3. Only pursue characters I care about.
    4. Contribute to the fleet.
    5. No more spending beyond monthly cards.
    6. Have fun.
    7. Voyage.
    8. Have fun!
  • Options
    Paying for refreshes would still be unfair for DB's top customers; it essentially penalizes them for having invested more time/money into the game. It's another gambling mechanic that might **tsk tsk** people into losing all of their saved dilithium/merits/etc at once, feeling the "well I'm all ready in it this far..". Though I like the idea of a free refresh option in the case of all-FF beholds.

(The fun "whut's gonna happun!" gambling element of the game can exist without one of those outcomes being getting essentially nothing: 200/550 honour. We can have "whut's gonna happun!" where we don't know exactly what we're going to get, but whatever it is, will be a something of value.)

Ideally it just wouldn't give all-FF beholds. The game already knows what we have.

Or, as has been suggested in other threads: all-FF beholds would trigger a citation or equivalent honour as a 4th option.

If someone's getting all-FF beholds, they've already invested tons and should have the ability to fill out their collection. A triggered citation/honour equivalence isn't even asking that much for them, since that doesn't give access to the first star of those final few elusive crew.
  • Options
    [BL] C6pilot[BL] C6pilot ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    koba wrote: »

Paying DIL for refresh is simply paying twice for the same thing.

It wouldn't be "paying twice for the same thing", it would be paying for another CHANCE to IMPROVE the pull you paid for but didn't quite like.

Like I said, buying a 2nd chance should be AFTER fixing pulling FF Beholds. So you'd be offered 3 non-FF crew Behold but have the OPTION to pay more to spin the wheel again.

Think of it as a poker game where you click on the cards you want to discard and get new cards. That action should have a price because DB should make a profit on the bonus pull. If you only want to discard 1, it costs something that comes over time for free, like chronos or merits etc. If you want to discard 2 it should be increasingly more expensive (similar to unfreezing crew). Changing all 3 should absolutely cost DIL because you are asking for a complete do-over.

Keep in mind, if you keep at least 1 of your original pulls, you know at the very least THAT will be your reward. If you don't want to "pay twice" then simply choose a non-FF from your first pull. It is in fact a way to get even more money from players who have little else to gain by spending.
  • Options
    +1 but no DIL, maybe with some Merits os even Honor cost (not much).
    "
    Join TFA II now.
  • Options
    I am all for either having one of the crew in the Behold being a non-FF/immortalized one, providing a free refresh or a payment option to do so, or giving a 4* or 5* Citation if all three in the Behold are determined to be FF or immortalized.

I say a big hell-no to the idea of only providing non-FF/immortalized crew in Beholds. There are those of us who like having multiple of a crew for one reason or another *coughJanewaycough*, and it would be detrimental to us who have a game plan in mind regarding them. That would also make it a bit unbearable if we have to airlock that crew anyway if we do not want that crew at the moment; I have been airlocking certain 4* crew that do not mean much to me until I can immortalize and freeze other 4*s I already have and can free the space to eventually acquire them for the same feat of freezing them.
    There are three ways to do something; the right way, the wrong way, and the Janeway.

DB: Do Better.

Member of Starship Trista
  • Options
    WundigoreWundigore ✭✭✭
    I am all for either having one of the crew in the Behold being a non-FF/immortalized one, providing a free refresh or a payment option to do so, or giving a 4* or 5* Citation if all three in the Behold are determined to be FF or immortalized.

I say a big hell-no to the idea of only providing non-FF/immortalized crew in Beholds. There are those of us who like having multiple of a crew for one reason or another *coughJanewaycough*, and it would be detrimental to us who have a game plan in mind regarding them. That would also make it a bit unbearable if we have to airlock that crew anyway if we do not want that crew at the moment; I have been airlocking certain 4* crew that do not mean much to me until I can immortalize and freeze other 4*s I already have and can free the space to eventually acquire them for the same feat of freezing them.

Good point. I like all these ideas. I think the commercial implications of a citation always being an option are too great for that to be a good business decision for DB, but I would love it as a player. I was thinking one free refresh and then pay thereafter. I would be done with any of the games currency forms to pay it and might just take the honor in the end.