Ideas for the Augments/DS9 Crossover Mega-Event

BravoBravo ✭✭
edited March 2018 in The Bridge
Just for fun...my version of the DS9/Augments Crossover Mega-Event

THE SECOND EUGENICS WAR

To: Starfleet Command
From: Sisko, Benjamin Lafayette, Commanding Officer of Deep Space Nine

Message begins:

There’s no easy way to say this…it’s time to prepare for war once again.

I’ve received disturbing reports of Augment activity in Cardassian space. According to reliable intelligence, the younger version of Khan Noonien Singh and a splinter group of Augments (including the genetically engineered “misfits” Jack, Patrick, Lauren, and Sarina) are en route to Rondac III to safeguard the planet against a suspected KCA incursion that would place the Alliance within striking distance of Cardassia, Bajor, and the wormhole.

Needless to say, I’m suspicious…

During the Dominion War, Rondac III was a key facility where the Founders exercised their mastery of genetic engineering to produce legions of Jem’Hadar and Vorta overseers. Legate Damar reported the installation destroyed at the beginning of the Cardassian resistance…but what if he was wrong? Even worse, what if the clone templates for the Jem’Hadar and Vorta – including the infamous Weyoun template – are still intact?

Consider what would happen if the Augments began cloning Jem’Hadar and Vorta with genetic codes tweaked to recognize the Augments themselves as gods. Or worse yet…what if they began producing more Augments. Legions of soldiers, ready to fight and die at Khan’s whim? “Power over millions,” indeed. The implications are frightening to contemplate, to say the least.

The Augments have been flexing their muscles ever since the beginning of the Timelines Era and this may be the critical piece that promotes their dominance over the Alpha Quadrant itself. As the nearest Starfleet installation to Rondac, Deep Space Nine stands ready to act as the first line of defense once again for the Federation and Bajor. Our souls are willing, but can our imperfect flesh compete with the genetically engineered to keep the Alpha Quadrant safe?

Event 1 – The Man Who Would Be King (Expedition Event)
Young Khan, Persis, and a splinter group of Augments are safeguarding Rondac III to protect against a suspected KCA invasion. Help them make planetfall and get the former Dominion installations – including their automated defenses – online.

Mega-Event Character: Khan Noonien Singh (5*),
Event Characters: Jack (5*) (new), Young Khan (4*) (existing),
Bonus: Characters with Augment trait

Event 2 – Quality Control (Galaxy Event)
As Captain Sisko feared, the Augments have restored and enhanced Rondac III’s defensive systems and rebuilt some of the cloning facilities. Unfortunately, the first batches of Jem’Hadar and Augment soldiers have proven erratic and are attacking everything in their path. Help the Augments stop their flawed creations and decide what to do with them.

Phase 1: End the attack on Deep Space nine.
Phase 2: Pick a faction that will decide the fate of this batch. (Choose from Federation, Cardassians, Augments)

Mega-Event Character: Khan Noonien Singh (5*)
Event Characters: Young Khan (4*) (existing), Patrick (4*)
Bonus: All characters with Augment trait

Week 3 – Righteous Cause (Faction Event)
Reports are that a Weyoun unlike any other has popped up in Dominion space, preaching the glory of the Augments and calling for Jem’Hadar and Vorta alike to join the cause. Surprisingly, his orations seem to be working. Captain Sisko takes the Defiant into Dominion territory to discover the secret of his success, but can he find out and stop this heretical version of Weyoun before the Dominion plunges into civil war?

Event Characters: Heretic Weyoun (4* - new), Captain Sisko (5* - existing) Lauren (4* - new)
Bonus: All characters with Augment trait; All versions of Sisko

Week 4 – Ours is Not to Reason Why… (Hybrid Faction/Galaxy)
Heretic Weyoun’s bid to sway followers (which, it turns out, was from a highly communicable retrovirus designed to tweak the victim’s code and switch their loyalties) from the Gamma Quadrant has been stopped, but not before gaining tens of thousands of ships, Jem’Hadar, Vorta overseers, and scientists. The Dominion is now in turmoil. With Vorta cloning expertise now on Rondac III, the cloning facilities fully operational, and Dominion war materiel on its way from the Gamma Quadrant, the Augments are poised to begin their offensive against the Alpha Quadrant. However…Julian Bashir managed to sway Sarina Douglas to help him once, when the stakes were high. He believes he can do so again, but can he sneak onto Rondac III and do it in time?

Event Characters: Sarina Douglas (5* - New), Bashir, Julian Bashir (5* - existing), Young Khan (4*)
Bonus: All characters with Augment trait; all versions of Bashir

Week 5 – Ours is to Do or Die (Expedition)
Bashir succeeded in bringing Sarina over to the Federation side, but her intelligence indicates that the Augments have cloned 10,000 new soldiers and are on their way to Deep Space Nine to secure the station and the wormhole to allow their Gamma Quadrant followers through. The stakes have never been higher. If Sisko and his crew fail, they will be the first to witness the opening shots of the Second Eugenics War…

Event Characters: Young Khan (4*), Wrathful Khan (5*)
Bonus: All augment characters; all DS9 characters

Comments

• PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rather than repeat Young Khan in several events, how about some other Augments like Joachim?
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just one major problem- I don’t see how Festive Jadzia Dax is going to fit in as the 2* in the thresholds. :p
  • BravoBravo ✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    Rather than repeat Young Khan in several events, how about some other Augments like Joachim?

Event characters are absolutely flexible!
  • BravoBravo ✭✭
    Just one major problem- I don’t see how Festive Jadzia Dax is going to fit in as the 2* in the thresholds. :p

Of course not...this event calls for Augment Festive Jadzia. She really knows how to party!
  • Captain LostCaptain Lost ✭✭✭✭
    No new DS9 main cast members in the DS9 event?
  • I really like the core idea of having renegade Augments attempting to take over Dominion cloning facilities in the Alpha Quadrant. I think that's a really good way to mash together DS9 and the Augments. I imagine it's going to be just four weeks rather than five, though.

That's a whole lot of Khan, though - in all likelihood, only one version of him should be used, and once only - and you only have five new characters for a mega event that in all likelihood will have a minimum of nine over four weeks and 11 over five. Plus it's probably a good idea to work in some Augments beyond Khan and the DS9 Four (Malik, Stavos Keniclius, etc.) along with more DS9 cast.

I'd also argue that even when they were working with the Dominion, the DS9 Four weren't overtly evil - they weren't working for galactic domination, but rather in a misguided attempt to spare loss of life. I'd buy Jack getting pushed over the edge, but the other three seem far more likely to be cast in sympathetic roles from the outset.

Anyway, that's just my $0.02.
  • This is damn great! One thing though, a minor suggestion, but maybe you know, there is a 5* Ezri around there as well? :P
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is damn great! One thing though, a minor suggestion, but maybe you know, there is a 5* Ezri around there as well? :P

Can 2* Festive Jadzia Dax count as an Ezri variant for the thresholds?

If so, I think we could convince Bravo. :p
  • BravoBravo ✭✭
    Tell you what: please give me suggestions for new characters you would like to see in this event. I’ll see what I can do to rework the story with them in it :)
  • Bravo wrote: »
    Tell you what: please give me suggestions for new characters you would like to see in this event. I’ll see what I can do to rework the story with them in it :)

Although I wanted him for a Dominion War event, I think
    A 5* Star Senator Vreenak should be Introduced. He did sympathize with the Dominion after all. Also, give him the sound clip "It's a faaaake!"
  • edited March 2018
    Event Idea: The Augment Revolution

The Story
    The famous Eugenicist, Stavo Keniclius entered the temporal anomaly to find genetically modified humans, known as Augments, to create an army of super-humans. The Federation is trying to stop him, but the Augments won't let them them get In the way of Progress

Event One: Borderland

Arik Soong, know for stealing embryo's from Cold Station 12, has struck a deal with Keniclius. Now they plan a raid on a Federation station to find 4 augmented humans and recruit them into Keniclius's order. Can you Stop Him before they are captured

Event Type: Expedition

Event Crew:
    ●5* Stavos Keniclius (new,recurring)
    ●5* Sarina Douglas (new)
    ●4* Arik Soong (existing)
    ●4* Malik (new)

Players will play through missions in which they gain Intel and stop the attack at the station.

Event 2: The Rogue Follower

After the failed station attack,Keniclius has moved on to a more "subtle" recruitment method. This means that moles can easily infiltrate the Augment's strongholds. Who will you decide to help you on this reconnaissance mission?

Event Type: Faction

Event Crew:
    ●5* Section 31 Bashir (new)
    ●4* Laas (existing)
    ●4* Commander Tomolak (existing)

In this event, players will either choose Section 31, the Dominion or the Romulan Star Empire and help their spies infiltrate the stronghold.

Event Three: Calm Before the Storm

Intel reveals that the major Augment stronghold is located on the Genesis Planet.The Federation and it's allies do not have a plan though. With the Guidance of the crew of Deep Space Nine, can you help plan the attack?

Event Type: Galaxy

Event Crew:
    ● 5* Stavos Keniclius (new,recurring)
    ● 5* Lightship Ben Sisko (new)
    ●4* Cheif O'Brien (existing)
    ●4* Warfront Jake Sisko (new)

In this event, players will gather the supplies needed to go to battle and help the allies of the Federation gather what they need

Event Four: Paridise Lost

The time has come, the Federation is ready for their attack. Their fleet, lead by Benjamin Sisko and the USS Defiant, has set course for the Genesis Planet. How will you stop the Augments?

Event Type: Faction/Expedition

Event Crew:
    ●5* Captian Sisko (existing)
    ●4* Young Khan (existing)
    ●4* Admiral Patrick (new)

In this event, players will work with the Federation and it's allies to stop the Augments and lead on final attack on their stronghold

• JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm somewhat glad Augments got chosen, because that means the collection is finally gunna be doable for those who don't have a ton of immortal 5* Bashirs (and Joachim and Kahn).

So, I'd certainly like to see Admiral Patrick (should be 5*), Serena, Jack, Lauren (all 4*), and a new Bashir (purrfurrably 4*) variant. Since this is a DS9-Augment themed mega event, Malik wouldn't fit in, because he's from ETP, however ... this is Timelines, so ... maybe he could jump over to the DS9 timeline with a new 4* Purrsis ... sorry ... Persis variant. :)

Keep the idea machinery flowing. :)
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • AntasilAntasil ✭✭✭✭
    People seem to overlook that this is Timelines. So do expect characters from Voy, Tng and Discovery to pop in as well :-)
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I'm somewhat glad Augments got chosen, because that means the collection is finally gunna be doable for those who don't have a ton of immortal 5* Bashirs (and Joachim and Kahn).

So, I'd certainly like to see Admiral Patrick (should be 5*), Serena, Jack, Lauren (all 4*), and a new Bashir (purrfurrably 4*) variant. Since this is a DS9-Augment themed mega event, Malik wouldn't fit in, because he's from ETP, however ... this is Timelines, so ... maybe he could jump over to the DS9 timeline with a new 4* Purrsis ... sorry ... Persis variant. :)

Keep the idea machinery flowing. :)

Malik would fit in perfectly...in fact, I could see a 5* Malik as the recurring character and main villain (like Gun Show Picard in the mirror mega).

Supremacy of the Augments

Malik, having failed to destroy Starfleet in a war with the Klingons in his own time, sees the immense power of the Prophets as the next best tool to secure the future of the Augments as the leaders of humanity - and maybe the galaxy.

Event 1: Thrill of the Hunt (Galaxy)

Malik and his crew have stolen the Defiant and set course for Bajor but they have improved the cloaking device, making it nearly impossible to find. Work with his adopted father, the genius Arik soong, to develop a new method of tracking him before he reaches Deep space Nine.

Federation

•5* Malik (recurring)
    •5* Raakin (new)
    •4* Mutinous Persis (new)
    •4* Arik Soong (existing)

Bonus: Augments, crew with Quantum Mechanics trait

Event 2: (Faction/Galaxy Hybrid)

Malik has succeeded in capturing Deep Space Nine and is now searching for ways to control the wormhole aliens known as the Prophets and solidify his position in the face of resistance from the station’s residents, while elements of the Dominion see an opportunity to take the station for themselves in the aftermath.

Augments, Dominion, Bajorans

•5* Malik (recurring)
    •5* Senator “It’s a faaaaake!” Vreenak (new)
    •4* Disguised Kira (existing)
    •4* Udar (new)

Bonus: Augments, variants of Kira, Dominion

Event 3: Battle for the Wormhole (Faction)

Malik’s forces are advancing on the wormhole but Sisko has managed to bring a fleet together from various sources (some of which are unexpected) and will do anything to stop him.

Augments, Federation, Ferengi Alliance

•5* Malik (recurring)
    •5* Patriot Sisko (new)
    •4* General Martok (existing)
    •4* Mirror Brunt (new)

Bonus: Augments, variants of Sisko, crew with the Crafty trait

Event 4: You Exist Here (Expedition)

Although most of Malik’s fleet has been destroyed, he managed to fly into the wormhole in an escape pod - with his secret weapon, a Pah-Wraith. Enter the wormhole and the bizarre world of the Prophets to find Malik and end the threat.

•5* Malik (recurring)
    •5* Pah-Wraith Jake Sisko (new)
    •4* KDF Gowron (existing)
    •4* Prophet Jennifer Sisko (new)

Bonus: Augments, variants of Jake Sisko, variants of Gowron, variants of Jennifer Sisko
  • While I like it we can't even get one expedition event from DB you really think they would go for 2?
  • BravoBravo ✭✭
    Went ahead and changed the title of the thread to reflect the many interesting ideas being proposed :)
  • For New Crew

Event One

86gdtsufpwwt.jpg
    5* Stavos Keniclius
    SCI-ENG-MED
    Human,Geneticist,Maverick,Brutal,Explorer,Civilian

c20wco9ido0a.jpg
    5* Sarina Douglas
    DIP-SCI-MED
    Human,Augment,Inspiring,Civilian,Federation

3cokqm134azi.jpeg
    4* Malik
    COM-SEC
    Human,Augment,Civilian,Maverick,Brutal,Pilot

Event Two

w4xe5qe0yvsf.jpg
    5* Section 31 Bashir
    COM-DIP-MED
    Human,Augment,Starfleet,Federation,Cybernetist,Doctor,Gambler,Section 31

Event Three

rzk7jq7cly2w.jpg
    5* Lightship Ben Sisko
    ENG-DIP-COM
    Human, Federation, Starfleet, Bajoran, Cultural Figure, Inspiring,Jury Rigger,Pilot,Explorer

1xhjlti2tp5d.jpg
    4* Warfront Jake Sisko
    SEC-COM-DIP
    Human, Federation, Civilian, Writer, Gambler,Desperate,Soldier

Event Four

zt9i0lk3e1az.png
    4* Admiral Patrick
    DIP-SCI-COM
    Human,Augment,Starfleet,Federation,Casual,Inspiring