Home Make It So!

Event rewards for fleet rank

Hi,
So far we receive rewards for our personal and our squad‘s rank, but our fleet window displays our fleet‘s rank as well. So I would argue a reward for the fleet rank is the logical thing, don‘t you?
Not too much, as with the squad reward. Maybe a little honour or something along the lines of free merit boosts or so, that‘d be my ideas.

Comments

• I think maybe some chronos. It will be very helpful after Galaxy events
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Maybe a small amount of starbase components. Including Holoemitters.
  • SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    An overall fleet reward would be nice.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d accept a fleet leaderboard for starters. A fleeterboard, if you will. ;p
  • I’d accept a fleet leaderboard for starters. A fleeterboard, if you will. ;p

+1
  • Female Klingon QFemale Klingon Q ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Along the lines of fleet rewards for events, I’d also like to see if it is possible for fleet admirals to share crew with their entire fleet for faction events.

In my current fleet, we won’t have enough developed players to have one for each squadron, so that means that some squads will be at a severe handicap compared to others.

Even though I have been in such squads before, I am totally fine with easing the curve between new players and developed players, and I think that allowing fleet admirals to share crew with the entire fleet for faction events would be an easy way to do that.
    Task Force Pike: We are recruiting!

Task Force Pike/Garrett's Giants, Founder

Task Force April, Fleet Founder Emeritus

Newfie Central, Squad Founder, In Memoriam
  • What I‘d also like to see is a slight change to the faction events: make it possible for squadron leaders to nominate their squad character before a faction event starts, thereby enabling all squad members to use the squad leader‘s character right from the beginning.
  • This could be taken as a quote from the full officerhood of the American Federation: we would love to see ANYthing more than just bragging rights come out of the fleet rank. Squad rewards are sorely under weighted and any solo player really gets no bonus from the fleet's overall successes.
    This does not inspire the founding principles of the Federation: Cooperation and Teamwork.
    Even if it was 10 credits it would at least give a purpose to the fleet rank. At present we don't even know how many fleet's there are. We regularly rank 500-300. Is that terrible? Decent? Good? Incredible?

We have no idea...
  • There was one fleet on Stellar Ices list a week or 2 ago that was between 1000 and 1200 so I would guess there are that many fleets with some active players.
  • We usually come in somewhere 900-1300 as well, so there definitely are active fleets. Just there‘s no point in the fleet rank being shown in the fleet menu since no one has any idea if the number displayed is good or bad. I for example wonder how far down the table goes. Maybe we are a bad fleet, maybe an ok one or even one of the top 15% or so, I have no way of telling.
  • I’d accept a fleet leaderboard for starters. A fleeterboard, if you will. ;p

Yes, I concur.
  • Major ZushieMajor Zushie ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Last I checked there was 12795 fleets that participated in the last event
  • Since there will be ship skirmishes soon, how about rewarding us with "intel" that will be used to do said skirmishes? That would be useful for all fleet members!
  • PadillaPadilla ✭✭
    Agreed. What's the point??
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since there will be ship skirmishes soon, how about rewarding us with "intel" that will be used to do said skirmishes? That would be useful for all fleet members!

Except that the intel disappears when the event is over.
  • Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some amount of honor might make the most sense. Everyone could use more honor and it would encourage greater participation regardless of the event crew.

A Fleederboard would be a good first step.
  • SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    +1 on the fleetboard idea. It would be nice if that data was posted in the Forums after each event as well.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...