Home The Bridge

Closing threads, really annoying

Come on guys, getting really tired of spending 20-30 minutes writing out replys to a thread that im intrested in (takes me a bit to check spelling and grammer as they are not my strong suits ) to have it wasted when i go to post it becuase you have closed the thread

Super annoying
Just saying

Comments

• Cal.me.IshmalCal.me.Ishmal ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Lol, I was thinking the same thing Mbannar.... lol
  • MbannarMbannar ✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Ha! And don’t waste your time checking grammar. Yes. GRAMMAR

You know you love it when i do that 😗
  • MbannarMbannar ✭✭✭
    If a post is generally filled with hyperbole, and/or calling DB out directly, its gonna get shut down. That will help @Mbannar and others to not waste time creating posts to threads that will get shut down.

Do not always agree, hyperbole is to board of a sword to wield, as for calling DB out, is not the fourm where you can bring your game issues to talk to DB about? If not whats the point of the fourm if you can not find out from players/fourm mods about issues your having with a DB game, the joys and frustrations?

And dont say customer support because the are not DB
    And dont say customer support because half of them dont seem to even play the game or know about the ingame issues
  • edited March 2018
    Mbannar wrote: »
    If a post is generally filled with hyperbole, and/or calling DB out directly, its gonna get shut down. That will help @Mbannar and others to not waste time creating posts to threads that will get shut down.

Do not always agree, hyperbole is to board of a sword to wield, as for calling DB out, is not the fourm where you can bring your game issues to talk to DB about? If not whats the point of the fourm if you can not find out from players/fourm mods about issues your having with a DB game, the joys and frustrations?

And dont say customer support because the are not DB
    And dont say customer support because half of them dont seem to even play the game or know about the ingame issues

I didnt make the rules...but there is a fine line between discussing customer reps, and quoting them. There is a fine line between saying 'hey db, uh whats up with doing this?' and 'hey db, WHAT THE HECK??!!' There is a fine line between asking fellow players for help getting around a problem or what compensation to negotiate for, and dissing db for the problem. I learned this with a post i wrote about boycotting spending till the ent e was added, Shan pmed me and asked me to change my post. I asked why and she explained a few of the community guidelines. If youd like to see the community guidelines, please visit this link
    https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/4391/community-guidelines/p1?new=1
  • edited March 2018
    Jim Steele wrote: »
    Mbannar wrote: »
    Come on guys, getting really tired of spending 20-30 minutes writing out replys to a thread that im intrested in (takes me a bit to check spelling and grammer as they are not my strong suits ) to have it wasted when i go to post it becuase you have closed the thread

Super annoying
    Just saying

They are pretty accepting of player criticism but usually they close them because they either go off topic or turn into a DB bashing.

Ultimately I think these forums are well managed thanks to @Shan and @Black Pebble

Agreed 100%!!! as a in game friend of mine BadJimmiz said, 'the Mods are trying to put out a wildfire...with a squirt gun, thats empty'
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want a forum where you can a wide latitude of what you say about DB, go to the STT Reddit.

If you want to have an actual chance at DB reading what you have written, make a concise, focused post that is about a specific issue. Bring whatever facts and statistics you can to back you up. Do your best to keep your thread that is important to you on topic (obviously not entirely in your control, but it's possible).

This.. really hardcore this.

I feel that in some ways traction is not gained on issues when it does not start just with the facts.
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    If you want a forum where you can a wide latitude of what you say about DB, go to the STT Reddit.

If you want to have an actual chance at DB reading what you have written, make a concise, focused post that is about a specific issue. Bring whatever facts and statistics you can to back you up. Do your best to keep your thread that is important to you on topic (obviously not entirely in your control, but it's possible).

I feel that in some ways traction is not gained on issues when it does not start just with the facts.

Agreed. Posts that start with “I’m not spending a single dime here ever again” or toothless threats of legal action are worthy of being ignored right off the bat. Likewise with the “I’m quitting” or “DB hates us all and is only out for our money until they have wrung us dry and moved on to another IP” kind of posts.

Don't forget I'm gonna sue or go postal or whatever
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed. Posts that start with “I’m not spending a single dime here ever again” or toothless threats of legal action are worthy of being ignored right off the bat. Likewise with the “I’m quitting” or “DB hates us all and is only out for our money until they have wrung us dry and moved on to another IP” kind of posts.

Don't forget I'm gonna sue or go postal or whatever

Yes, I love the I’m a lawyer and I feel my time is best used going after a video game I play

• Oh I can assure you they're not lawyers. Whenever you hear someone shouting "I'm a lawyer and I will sue" at a cashier or a video game forum or the sky, it's almost certain confirmation that all they know about law they got from Legally Blonde.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh I can assure you they're not lawyers. Whenever you hear someone shouting "I'm a lawyer and I will sue" at a cashier or a video game forum or the sky, it's almost certain confirmation that all they know about law they got from Legally Blonde.

Ha! Well she did win her case right? (Don’t know. Never saw it)

• A lot of posts get shut down for posters getting personal in their responses with each other... once the direct insults come out, it’s just a matter of time before it’s shut down... it is the internet after all... I think a lot posts would he more constructive if the poster waited a few hours for the initial rage to calm down before posting... also applies to dealing with CS as well...
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad. Run, don't walk, to Quark's Holosuite!

Immortalized: 140 x 5*, 221 x 4*, 74 x 3*, 47 x 2*, 27 x 1*
  • HeshamHesham ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    <snip> ˜Shan
    DB Do-Better II
    Oh I can assure you they're not lawyers. Whenever you hear someone shouting "I'm a lawyer and I will sue" at a cashier or a video game forum or the sky, it's almost certain confirmation that all they know about law they got from Legally Blonde.

And here I thought it was Boston Legal --- you know can't be Kirk so gotta be Crane :)
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭

And here I thought it was Boston Legal --- you know can't be Kirk so gotta be Crane :)

0unn4b4bceo8.gif

(Sorry, couldn't resist.) 

8cg7caaybgax.gif

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Pallidyne wrote: »

You got me there, that's a way better reference. I tip my hat!
  • One of the quickest ways to avoid having a post you work on wind up in a shut-down thread is to look at the OP... The same people get their stuff shutdown all the time... I'd type out their handles, but no need to give them more notoriety...
    [GoT] Drunk Shimoda
    GoT Chief Communications Officer
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

Ha! Well she did win her case right? (Don’t know. Never saw it)

Yes, through her in depth knowledge of perms.

(still a fun movie)

And I think Elle would be much too reasonable to start screaming at the developers of a video game.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor