Home The Bridge

DB is the current direction the right one? And what do players want?

So DB here lately seemed to be really focused on game upgrades, less on info/fixes/support

Things like vault search, vault collections, wide screen improvements, "lag"improvements with changes to faction missions, voyage nerfing for more fairness between f2p and p2p

While areas such as customer support, information Sharing wiether it be forum/ingame/mutiplatform review respones, current bug fixes on existing issues, compensation decreases or lack of updated mission statement for whats upcoming have taken a backseat

So what im intrested in from this thread is what you the players think DB should be focusing on in the upcoming furture and what really stands out from your point of view as the next step foward/whats important to you

So list the top 3 issues you would like to see DB focus there might on

Then explain why underneath

Also if you fourm mods feel like throwing some stuff in on what doable and not doable from time to time on what players are intrested in feel free

Like shans comment about honor not changing so people realize what areas are something they can realistically look foward to and what are fuzzy uncoirns dreams

No bashing other peoples wants please, to players but feel free to nicely point out why something would not work, never know mods might let you know if your right

Comments

• Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Shut down the forum - I would stick it to you all, stop the flow of info, and close this bash fest.
    2. Offer behold refreshes
    3. Offer DYC for every legendary obtained
  • Capt AjammCapt Ajamm ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    1) agree reduce randomness especially with special offers.
    2) add more new event crew (other than golds) able to count in collections that can be fully fused without chasing stars in packs.
    3) standardise customer support so that is not rng-like based on who gets our ticket
    ~ seeking out new life
  • 1. Revamp Event Rewards from Top 1000 to Top X%.
    2. Make it so that other ships than 5* become relevant in the Voyages (lower base value, higher Bonus through trait)
    3. Make it so that I dont have to face the same guy over and over again in the gauntlet (there have been excellent drafting ideas out there for this, like a Point based System)
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Better honour rates for dismissed Legendaries
    2. Revamped event reward structures
    3. Make ships actually worth something, it terms of gameplay experience before ramming more ships/ship packs down our throats!
    DB: Do Better
  • 1. More fluidity for change

That impacts all of gameplay, portal updates, variety in events, changes in honor rewards, renewed excitement in voyages, changes in shuttles, changes in rewards from the Faction centre, just regular, small changes that keep things exciting and different every time you log in or do an event.
  • AntasilAntasil ✭✭✭✭
    1. variety of events. We now have choices between galaxy and faction (and hybrids!). The game has grown stale in that regard, and we could use something new. In terms of graphics, ship battles are awesome but very much under-used. I feel there is great potential there
    2. Keep the current level of art. Whatever choices DB makes, please keep the art of the last few weeks up. If anything makes me quit this game or quit spending, it's that my cards are no longer worth collecting.
    3. fix the beholds between FF characters. Not sure what a good solution would be here, but something has to be done. Not in the least from the perspective of DB's business model, because if people stop spending on packs we all lose.
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    1: Cut out all special offers that don't involve packs or buying dilithium. Nobody wants those stupid ship deals.

2: Update the regular portal. How hasn't this been done yet?

3: More repeat events. If you made every other event a repeat (besides during megas), I think the majority would be happy with that.

4: Gift everyone a copy of Jazz Musician Riker.
  • JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    Antasil wrote: »
    1. variety of events.

In twitter an DB official (I think Shan) said in a thread "Please know that we are also already working on some new things for events.". The question is: Does that mean finetuning of the current events or even new ones. Maybe Shan or someone else can shed light on this...

• IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) Update Portal
    2) Stop trying to squash F2P and casual spenders from event workarounds
    3) Adopt a retail model one that includes customer satisfaction rather than a capitalist model.

This will improve the longevity of the game.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • 1) pack update
    2) ability to airlock multiple wesleys at the same time
    3) event reward revamp

SSR Noob
    Spoiler of spoils
  • edited March 2018
    1. Revamp Event Rewards from Top 1000 to Top X% (borrowed verbatim from above)
    2. Bring back Expedition events, at least as hybrids. That would double the number of possible event types
    3. Ensure that every behold contains ONE character not already immortalized (FF). You already detect this condition for displaying above the choices. It is a simple matter of "re-choosing" the 3rd character if all 3 are FF.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only have 2.

1) Be consistent in both communication and execution
    2) Update the portal regularly.
  • PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) Ship equipment slots to modify our own starships, and throw in ship bridges we can stick our favorite crew into (and have a bit of a wander round in 3D perhaps).

2) The Affinity System.

Every character in any team (be it Gauntlet, Arena, Voyage, Shuttle, or even a standard away mission or space combat mission) affects the performance of everyone else by a small +/-% modifier.

For example, a shuttle team of three crew, say, Picard, Data and Archer. Picard gets +2% to his stats from being paired with Data (same bridge crew) and +1% to his stats for being with Archer (same Starfleet affiliation). Data gets the same +2% and +1%. Archer gets +1% from each of them (same Starfleet affiliation).

Or a shuttle with Kira, Dukat and Kirk. Kira gets -2% to her stats for being with Dukat, and nothing from Kirk. Dukat gets +2% for being with Kira, naturally, and perhaps -1% for being with Kirk (as Dukat's vaguely racist, or a humanophobe). Kirk gets nothing from Dukat, and +2% for being with a woman.

Anyone teamed with Winn Adami gets -3%.

This will allow for more imaginative Gauntlet teams, create a lot more Voyage-creation anxiety, and also reward people who prefer to collect their favorite teams who would work together well in canon (rather than simply chasing the highest stats on a per-card basis).

3) Working, properly-functional in-game chat system.
  • FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 ) Compete overhaul in events, including reward revamp based on percentage and multiple new core types of event which additionally can be hybridized.
    (By bring back Expeditions and creating just 2 other event types, gauntlet, Voyages, space battles you could have something like 20 /25 different event mixes which would absolutely reduce the stale feeling)

2) fix gauntlet. This can be accomplished many different ways but the easiest may be that each team for a player has 7 members, 5 player selectable 2 random selection from players roster. This should reduce "walls of" issues and keep the game play moving

3 ) higher chance of (multiple) / (good) things dropping from portals. Wouldn't get so angry at full house Behold if I could pay to refresh it or if a second 4* dropped in pack. Even if that second thing was honor fodder also.
    You've seen my honor debt thread, wouldn't hurt if the 5's dropped a bit more frequently.
    (I know these things do happen now as is, randomly.. increase the chances of it happening more often)
  • 1) Make every weekly offer be at least as good as the steam offer of 10x10 plus 700 Dil plus 500k credits for $10. Not random schematics or honor values that are baffling and insulting to the players.

2) Make duplicates that we pay for with Dilithium or cash be worth 20 times the honor they are currently worth when we airlock them. Freebie packs can be worth the same amount, if it possible to differentiate them.

3) Make all events fun, unique, and something everybody wants to do because they are worth the time. If that's not possible, then make events happen half as often, last half as long, and be twice as rewarding as they are now. Please stop making events that are repetitive clickfests or time/money sinks that are clearly designed to force people into buying packs because the event is too painful or expensive to try to complete as designed.
  • I think you guys have seen my comments on this more than once. Won't bother you with posting again.
    239 Immortalized
    Gametag: ECH
  • 1)Freshen the gauntlet up somehow
    2)Make inventory more manageable (as was done for the freezer). Could be alphabetizing and searching, could be putting numbers on gear in stores/builds/etc so I can see what Im low on without visiting the inventory at all
    3)More reruns and more frequent portal refreshes- anything to get the partially-fused folks out of my barracks.
  • 1. Stop fixing things that weren't broken (Voyage nerf, Faction event Nerf etc...)
    2. Some internal communication within DB maybe a weekly meeting (Just a suggestion)
    3. Make Voyages relevant for 2*, 3* & 4* Ships (Taylor crew rewarded to particular ships chosen)
  • [SFW] Quick Claude[SFW] Quick Claude ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    1. Shut down the forum - I would stick it to you all, stop the flow of info, and close this bash fest.
    2. Offer behold refreshes
    3. Offer DYC for every legendary obtained

I hope you’re number one is a joke
  • {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are a lot of great suggestions here, and I'm in agreement with most of them. If DB made even a small effort to address some of them on an ongoing basis, it would completely restore my confidence and faith in them. I don't expect them to fix everything overnight. But to see evidence that they are actually working towards alleviating some of these frustrations... I think it would be a HUGE step to improving customer relations and customer satisfaction. I've never run a gaming company, but I would think HAPPY customers would be more likely to spend. I know that's true for me. I'd love to retire my pitchfork and torch.
  • [SFW] Quick Claude[SFW] Quick Claude ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    1) Update Portal
    2) Stop trying to squash F2P and casual spenders from event workarounds
    3) Adopt a retail model one that includes customer satisfaction rather than a capitalist model.

This will improve the longevity of the game.

Capitalism and customer service is not mutually exclusive. Companies under capitalism that ignore customer service, do so at their peril. In fact capitalism normally and usually increases customer service and innovation. So customers do not go elsewhere. The problem here is not capitalism but a lack of competition. If another mobile Star Trek game would come along with better customer service and game play, people would probably go there instead. That said, by the way things have gone for DB, it sounds like they are already in peril for not listening to their customers.

• [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) Fix the honor rate for dismissal to make buying packs a good deal
    2) Change the reward structures to top X percent
    3) Add Voyage or other style events to shake things up
  • Nero84Nero84 ✭✭✭
    1) Change reward structure - No incentive to climb and can't/won't buy my way into top 5
    2) Change honor system - At this point I am not spending like I use to because of incentive.
    3) Increase the rate in which common level faction only items are received. - Yes cadet missions have them but sometimes the drop rate stinks for them their too.
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    One that just hit me.

Add an auto-recall feature on Voyages that can be toggled on or off. When on, it auto-recalls right before anti-matter runs out. If toggled off it lets it run out so the player can refresh and continue.
  • ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭
    One that just hit me.

Add an auto-recall feature on Voyages that can be toggled on or off. When on, it auto-recalls right before anti-matter runs out. If toggled off it lets it run out so the player can refresh and continue.

That's a really good idea.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018

3.d Forum Signal to Noise: Too many useful, relevant and thoughtful threads and posts get buried. Please give us a way to up vote, or organize in some way, such that the community can keep civil discussions and ideas floating above the abyss of mere negativity and complaint that consumes these forums from time to time. This might also help minimize some of the redundant and miscategorized threads.

Not going to analyse everything on this excellent post but just on this note, I think what would greatly help on this is the "Make it So" sub forum should be divided into two sections: Items currently being "considered" and Items that are ruled out "not currently being considered or worked on":
    a) know some of our ideas are being heard and taken seriously and not just being overlooked.
    b) know what ideas are not in DB's plans and if relevant reasoning behind this.
    Then a sticky can be added surmising the most requested ideas and categorised which ones that are and aren't ruled out.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO