Home The Bridge
Options

Missing Exo Trait for Research Partners Event Crew

[SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
@Shan, this was raised several times in the event discussion, but haven't heard any feedback. Will the Spocks and Jadzias that are missing exobiology for no reason have their traits corrected for the event (Gangster, Princess, Blood Oath). This will be important to know as soon as possible so we can focus on correct leveling and unfreezing.

All of these crew are the prime characters, not holodeck variants or anything. Of all the crew, princess jadzia has the strongest case for her core traits as she wasn't even on some unusual mission, she was just off duty in quarks. In fact we don't even see her until after she has left the holodeck and is in the main bar.

Comments

• Options
    For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have adjusted traits right before an event on previous occasions. The "Doctor" one comes to mind, for instance.

I don't have any of the characters missing the exobio trait personally, but it would be nice for there to be consistency.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Options
    MirrorMartiganMirrorMartigan ✭✭✭✭
    I have Blood Oath Dax and Princess Dax, both 2/4 stars and at level 70 and 80 respectively.
  • Options
    [KM]Videm[KM]Videm ✭✭✭
    I'm working to FE Gangster Spock so this would be a nice to have, but I am more doing it for gauntlet than one event tbh
    We are recruiting for our sister fleet, Mirror Klingon Marauders! Contact me via private message if interested
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw it in the event thread but I was waiting to hear back.
    This will not be changed for the event.

We might need to take a pass on crew with the "costumed" as it appears there is sometimes a lack of consistency with their traits. I will make sure to bring it up.
  • Options
    [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Thanks for the feedback. I find a lot of crew that are costumed are missing traits, especially since a lot are actually “under cover” not just costumed.

For example the North Star crew or laborer Spock, gangster Spock, etc
  • Options
    DB has been ignoring the crowd-sourced trait correction threads for this long. Why would they start listening to us now?

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/comment/62417#Comment_62417

All the hard work has already been done (9 pages on the old forums).
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    DB has been ignoring the crowd-sourced trait correction threads for this long. Why would they start listening to us now?

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/comment/62417#Comment_62417

All the hard work has already been done (9 pages on the old forums).

Because, as I indicated, doing a full pass across all characters and all traits is a lot of work on their end. If it was narrowed down to one trait at a time, it might make the work more manageable. They also haven't leveraged traits in this manner with events as frequently (I believe it was only twice before they used Athlete the other week for Ghost in the Machine and Genesis Wave 1/2) so this might be a good opportunity to rebuild some goodwill in the community.

Since @Shan was willing to concede, openly, that this is something they've dropped the ball on, it seemed like a much better opportunity to try to show them where they can turn this into a positive rather than grumble and mope about how it might not happen or dwell on missed opportunities from the past.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Oh, I wasn't saying that DB should fix everything in one fell swoop. They could easily refer to all the combined work on a trait by trait basis each event. Since they know they're doing exobiology, they could just go into the thread and find all the updates for exobiology.

I'm in agreement with you. I was simply pointing out that they don't need to solicit feedback from the community because it has already been documented.

But DB refuses to do so, even when all the hard analysis work has already been handed to them on a silver platter. One of Nod's last posts on the old forum said that this would all be corrected soon.

It's like DB purposefully teases us with our own memes...soon(tm)
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since you are reaching way back to the old forums, they DID do what I would call moderate-sized pass back in October (https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/1333/10-30-traits-changes#latest). Certainly not comprehensive, but it is an area they have put work in to improving.
  • Options
    True, DB has not ignored us completely. Prisoner McCoy got Doctor after a year, Bartender Guinan only took 9 months to get Civilian (and Fierce Guinan benefitted at the same time, only having to wait 4.5 months).

And the list that you posted was released in Oct 2017. It mostly matches the discrepancies compiled in July 2016 - up to 15 months later.

In other words, soon (tm).
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I just don't fully comprehend (particularly as this is clearly a work in progress) that they can't fix this along the way, they worked on traits with Burnham as well, and that was very recent and less than a month or two.
    The other alternative, if this is not possible to alter in time, would it not be feasible, therefore to add the Exobiology Gurus variants of Spock and Jadzia to bonus Crew perhaps that would be easier? I know it would inadvertently add Mirror Dax and Spock who probably don't fit the bill, but considering how many are being omitted is this not a fairer/better alternative?

EDIT:
    And funnily enough I have just spotted Mirror Spock has Exobiology as a trait (unless the wiki is not up to date). So does that mean Mirror Dax should have exobiology (perhaps, perhaps not) - either way that means by including Variants of Spock and Dax you are only (potentially) adding 1 extra bonus crew than should be added.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just don't fully comprehend (particularly as this is clearly a work in progress) that they can't fix this along the way, they worked on traits with Burnham as well, and that was very recent and less than a month or two.
    The other alternative, if this is not possible to alter in time, would it not be feasible, therefore to add the Exobiology Gurus variants of Spock and Jadzia to bonus Crew perhaps that would be easier? I know it would inadvertently add Mirror Dax and Spock who probably don't fit the bill, but considering how many are being omitted is this not a fairer/better alternative?

EDIT:
    And funnily enough I have just spotted Mirror Spock has Exobiology as a trait (unless the wiki is not up to date). So does that mean Mirror Dax should have exobiology (perhaps, perhaps not) - either way that means by including Variants of Spock and Dax you are only (potentially) adding 1 extra bonus crew than should be added.

Mirror Spock was still the Science Officer on the Enterprise, so having Exobiology makes some amount of sense.

Mirror Jadzia was not any sort of Science Officer. All her knowledge would have been applied to things concerning the rebellion (weapon/ship maintenance, bomb making etc.) and she likely had little time to spend on Exobiology.

So that part makes sense.

Jadzia losing her Exobiology knowledge because she put on a pretty dress however, does not.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was a quick trait update in the week building up to the event with Doctor trait, adding/removing it from characters as needed in a short amount of time.

The developers don't have to modify traits if they don't want to, but they should at least be aware that the community will identify crew members that should or should not have a given trait withen minutes of it being announced.