Home Ready Room
Options

One-Star, Super-Rare Bottleneck Advice II?

Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2018 in Ready Room
I've once again reached a bottleneck of Super-rare crew. Some I'm keeping for sentimental reasons, some for potential, but they're coming in faster than I can handle them. Would love some input on who you think I should keep for event/cryo potential and who I can afford to airlock to make room for leveling incoming FF crew, cadet challenges, legendaries, etc...?

- As a F2P, I have a total of 80 crew slots.
- 21 are taken up by Legendaries (2 more sitting in messages).
- 4 slots for uncommon weekday cadet crew.
- 4 FF/FE Super-rares are reliable soldiers for me in Gauntlet/Voyages.
- 2 Immortal Super-rares that are bonus crew in the current event.
- So that leaves me with 49 slots for the remaining group of Super-rares to await a lucky pull or Voyage to fully fuse.

Some other information: I have about 170K in honor, have immortalized all common, uncommon and rare crew (except for the new EMH Mk1), and have just enough dilithium to purchase another 5 crew slots for 700 dil, though would obviously prefer to wait until the next 50% off sale. I have not gotten either Kahless or Captain Beverly Picard from the Honor Hall, yet.

These are my active (or on deck) Super-rare crew, by fusions (name/level):

In Overflow
Anastasia Komananov
Claiborne Chekov
Galen
Klingon Neelix
Niners Kira Nerys
Romulan Kirk
Warship Janeway

1*
Anbo-jyutsu Riker 52
Augment Riker 1
Duchamps (Worf) 1
Jannar 20
Lucien 90
Mirror Archer 60
Mirror Jadzia Dax 70
Robin Hood (Picard) 1
Subcommander T'Rul 60
Thot Gor 40
Tommy Gun Dixon 2
Tourist Quark 90
Wayoun Clone 4 1

2*
Admiral Picard 12
Anij 1
Blood Oath Jadzia Dax 1
Captain Janeway 60
Captain John Harriman 1
Commander Chapel 3
Commander Uhura 70
Gorn Captain 20
Duelist Yar 1
Fencing Sulu 100
Kal-if-fee Spock 100
Mirror Phlox 80
Mirror Tucker 100
Platonian Kirk 70
Prospect Michael Burnham 30
Prospero Data 70
Rianna Mayweather 90
Ruk 1
Sarek 100
Stranded Odo 100
T'Mir 100

3*
1701 Jadzia Dax 100
Advocate Kolos 100
Amanda Grayson 80
Bajoran Dukat 70
Captain Q 100
Captain Sulu 100
Combat Medic Paris 90
Dahar Master Kor 70
Dr. Hippocrates Noah 60
First Officer Saru 100
Formal Dress Wesley Crusher 70
Katra McCoy 100
Martia 60
Mirror Jennifer Sisko 90
Mutated Paris 30

4*
Ambassador Sarek FF/FE
Ambassador Spock FF/FE
Drone Seven of Nine FF/FE
Rakal Troi FF/FE
Lieutenant Valeris FF/FE
Vulcan Wedding T'Pol FF/100

Here are my current available Legendaries, if that helps:
Admiral Riker
Bartender Guinan
Borg Queen
Commander Kira Nerys
Commander Troi
Convergence Day Quark
Emotion Chip Data
Jazz Musician Odo
Kortar
Mariachi Q
Mirror Picard
Mobile Doctor
Niners Sisko
Prisoner Katrina Cornwell
Seven of Nine
Surak
Suus Mehna Sarek (still in message)
T'Kuvma
Tempted Data
Undercover Sulu
Will Scarlett (still in message)
Wrathful Khan
Yarnek

Airlocked (Cause of Death):
Claiborne Chekov (In Spaaaaaaace)
KDF Gowron (Fell down turbo-shaft)
Anastasia Komananov (Transporter accident)
Temporal Agent Seven (Body suit asphixiation)
Klingon Quark (Holosuite mishap)
RAF Julian Bashir (Holoplane crash)
Liaison Torres (Synthahol poisoning)
Lieutenant Tarah (Hypothermia)
First Goran’Agar 1 (Ketracel White overdose)

Recently Frozen:
Maquis Ro Laren
Nurse Faith Garland
Niners Rom
Warship Chakotay 100
Commando Shran
Luther Sloan 60
Mother Horta 40
Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!

Comments

• Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    One possibility I've thought of is for me to spend hard-saved honor on one or more of the Voyage-only crew (Thot Gor, Jannar, Lucien). I believe, there's no other way to fully fuse them, so I'd be spending that eventually anyway, correct? Of course, I'm sure the second I do that, DB will announce adding Citations to the drop pools.

Or would it be better to spend that honor on single Super-rare citations to immortalize the assortment of 3*-fused crew I already have to move to Cryostasis?
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Well If I had the honor to use I would go for Jannar as he is great on voyages but that wouldn't solve the problem as he would still be on your roster, I'm in a similar boat and the safest option is probably Horta, staring it and levelling it up, that being said she's not too bad on gauntlet unless you've got a decent Security Dip legendary.

EDIT:
    I'm not sure if Saru is in the portal but if he isn't that might be another option.

And last EDIT: Immortalising and freezing Rom would save you the honor and free up a space.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    I'm not as tightly restricted as you are on crew slots, I've definitely taken advantage of the couple times they've given crew slots away for credits instead of dilithium, but the struggle is definitely uphill.

My strategy has been to freeze as many as possible using citations on my 3/4's. Remember, the more you can freeze the more free dilithium you get. It might be nice to cite those 5*s, but it's easier to keep up with the constant stream of new event crew if you have someplace to put them.

A couple I would flush if strained would be Weyoun, Liason Torres, Admiral Picard, Harriman, and Commander Chapel (especially if you have a couple stars to your Cornwell, plus she's relatively recent so we won't probably see her for a while). All these brave souls are either older (thus relatively underpowered), pains to level, or not have a lot of investment in them yet according to your stats.
    My 8-Point STT Strategy:

1. Voyage.
    2. Have fun. If something isn't fun, don't do it.
    3. Only pursue characters I care about.
    4. Contribute to the fleet.
    5. No more spending beyond monthly cards.
    6. Have fun.
    7. Voyage.
    8. Have fun!
  • Options
    IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    Here is some "food for thought" regarding managing Super Rare characters within limited crew slots:

- I personally am spending Honor to Immortalize the Voyages only crew (thus far have gotten 3 of the 4 that drop from 2 part Dilemmas), and given how you also seem to be a pretty dedicated 'Collector', I do not think it would be a bad decision for you to do the same; but again, this type of decision is a matter of personal preference

- not saying you are necessarily quite there yet (probably need a few more Legendary characters added to your crew), but eventually you should consider putting all of your Immortalized Super Rare characters into the Cryostasis Vault, and not keeping any in your active crew quarters; for me the last one I froze was Mirror Phlox, and so of course he is going to be featured in the next Event ;)

- regarding leveling crew that are not FF, I use the following rules:
    * if I am 100% committed to keeping the character regardless of how long it might take me to get them FF, then I will work to get them FE, step by step (possibly needing to take a few days, so that I can use the Replicator on more 'expensive' pieces of equipment), one at a time
    * if I am not committed to keeping the character, and might at some point decide to dismiss them due to limited crew slots, then I leave them at Level 1; that is, I do not want to waste any components/equipment on someone who I might get rid of later

- the introduction of Collections has become a factor for me when I need to make these types of decisions; the obvious scenario is for a character that already belongs to at least one Collection, but beyond this I am now giving added weight to characters who have a larger number of Traits that have a good probability to be used to define future Collections

- new characters from more recent Events that are not yet available in the Time Portal or from Voyages are theoretically going to take up space for a longer period of time in your crew slots than older characters for whom you already now have a chance to add Stars
  • Options
    IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    RogueAngyl wrote: »
    A couple I would flush if strained would be Weyoun, Liason Torres, Admiral Picard, Harriman, and Commander Chapel

Regarding Weyoun Clone 4, I suggest you keep in mind he is one of a small number of characters who are capable of clearing a rare node for the Feed A Fever (E8-M12) Mission.
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    And last EDIT: Immortalising and freezing Rom would save you the honor and free up a space.
    Yup, I had planned on freezing both him and Nurse Garland (although apparently she's decent), it's just a matter of getting them out of overflow.

• Options
    Shy Khan wrote: »
    Yup, I had planned on freezing both him and Nurse Garland (although apparently she's decent), it's just a matter of getting them out of overflow.

To my mind Garland is a nice replacement to Commander Chapel, whom I also have 2 of 4 at level 100 and I'm like great what do I do with her now. Garland is great additional med support for voyages and obviously gauntlet she is strong so yeah I wouldn't freeze her right away. The other options I am sure you have contemplated is warship Chakotay and Jadzia - in fact in lieu of the upcoming event starring her might be a good idea.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this were my roster, I'd dump the following:
    • Lt. Tarah (not going to get another star on her for ages without Honor, so let her go)
    • Subcommander T'Rul (meh)
    • Weyoun Clone (yes, he could possibly be helpful down the line for his traits, but do you need him NOW?)
    • Capt. Harriman
    • Cmdr. Chapel (like Tarah, it also will be a while before she shows up in packs)
    • Prospect Burnham (again, not going to be in packs for a while)
    • Rianna Mayweather (I know you've got her to 80, but sometimes you've gotta cut your losses)

And I'd strongly consider airlocking these, too:
    • Advocate Kolos
    • Luther Sloan
    • Martia
    • Mirror Jennifer Sisko

Some of the above are space whale food because they're one-offs, others because I haven't found them at all useful.

And lastly, I would expect that you only keep the rare crew that you absolutely need for Sat-Sun challenges and Arena. Which is, I'd say, no more than 6 or 8 active, tops — the rest should be frozen.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I would say if you are going to use citations, you should be picking 3F crew to freeze. You do not want to use a citation and not gain a crew slot. So I would be picking the easier to level 3F crew.

I think Mirror Jennifer Sisko and Commando Shran are a couple of the easier ones.

Edit:

Though these might be obtainable through voyage. Better to pick new crew from events that are 3F
    I see only three First Officer Saru, Mother Horta, and Warship Chakotay.
    If the portal gets updated Chakotay may start dropping in voyages.
    October Saru was from possible he might make it into a portal update.
    January Mother Horta. Probably will not make it into portal update.

I have a lot of crew on both my accounts. In my 2nd account I have airlocked the 3 voyage only crew I have gotten Lucien, The Clown, and Jannar. I am avoiding Thot Gor. I will not spend 54k honor to FF them. In my main I have Jannar, Lucien, and Thot Gor fully leveled but will not spend honor to FF. They may end up airlocked too. For now they are taking up 3 of my 250 slots.

I would think that a half price sale for crew slots might come up in that DS9-Augment megaevent.
  • Options
    Marko RamiusMarko Ramius ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Data1001 wrote: »
    If this were my roster, I'd dump the following:
    • Lt. Tarah (not going to get another star on her for ages without Honor, so let her go)
    • Subcommander T'Rul (meh)
    • Weyoun Clone (yes, he could possibly be helpful down the line for his traits, but do you need him NOW?)
    • Capt. Harriman
    • Cmdr. Chapel (like Tarah, it also will be a while before she shows up in packs)
    • Prospect Burnham (again, not going to be in packs for a while)
    • Rianna Mayweather (I know you've got her to 80, but sometimes you've gotta cut your losses)

I agree with all of the airlock choices except (respectfully, of course) T'Rul. She has exceptional Engineering skills for a 4*, so I'd keep her if you need the engineering. Also, because she's not new, there's a better chance for her to show up in voyages and premium pulls. I worked several 4* crew from nothing to FF/FE just by getting lucky on pulls and voyages. It'll take awhile, but I think she's one that's worth the grind if you need engineering (which everyone does, let's be honest).
    "I would have told him anything. Anything at all. But more than that, I believed that I could see...five lights."
    ~Captain Picard ST:TNG Chain of Command

Link to my list of helpful spreadsheets, websites, threads, and help for all players!

ST:TNG Crew Addition Wish List:

Mariachi Q - Déjà Q Quote - But I feel like celebrating! - Thank You!
    H.M.S. Pinafore Data - Insurrection Quote - And his fist be ever ready for a knockdown blow. - Thank You!
    Rascal Picard/Guinan - Rascals Quote - I want to see my father!
    Kivas Fajo - The Most Toys Quote - What a marvelous contradiction. A military pacifist!
    Batai - The Inner Light Quote - This tree is our symbol. Our affirmation of life.
    Irumodic Syndrome Picard - All Good Things Quote - You said it was earl grey. I'd swear it was darjeeling. - Thank You!
    B-4 - Nemesis Quote - Why do you have a shiny head? - Thank You!
    Zero G Worf - First Contact Quote - Assimilate this!
  • Options
    IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    Further to what @Marko Ramius wrote, Subcommander T'Rul is one of a currently very limited number of characters with the Romulan trait, and so she should be kept to give you a better chance of completing The Neutral Zone Collection.
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Seems they just added a ton of crew to the rewards pools with the recent update.

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/4421/server-release-notes-03-20-edited-11-40-am-et

Now if I can just figure out how to get more 4* crew to drop in Voyages...
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, do I spend 700 dilithium on 5 more crew slots, or wait for a half off sale and eliminate at least THREE of the following?

Augment Riker 1 *on deck*
    Duchamps (Worf) 1
    First Goran’Agar 1 *on deck*
    Liaison Torres 1
    Lieutenant Tarah 70
    Mirror Archer 48
    Mirror Jadzia Dax 70
    Robin Hood (Picard) 1
    Tommy Gun Dixon 2
    Tourist Quark 80
    Wayoun Clone 4 1

I'm leaning towards airlocking Liaison Torres, Augment Riker, Duchamps, First Goran'Agar and maybe Lieutenant Tarah. Though I have a fondness for Suzie Plakson.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, do I spend 700 dilithium on 5 more crew slots, or wait for a half off sale and eliminate at least THREE of the following?

Augment Riker 1 *on deck*
    Duchamps (Worf) 1
    First Goran’Agar 1 *on deck*
    Liaison Torres 1
    Lieutenant Tarah 70
    Mirror Archer 48
    Mirror Jadzia Dax 70
    Robin Hood (Picard) 1
    Tommy Gun Dixon 2
    Tourist Quark 80
    Wayoun Clone 4 1

I'm leaning towards airlocking Liaison Torres, Augment Riker, Duchamps, First Goran'Agar and maybe Lieutenant Tarah. Though I have a fondness for Suzie Plakson.

So I assume all of the above are 1/4? I'd be tempted to keep Augment Riker and maybe Lt Tarah, but would say you could safely airlock Duchamps, Goran'Agar, Liaison Torres and Weyoun Clone 4 (some will say keep him for unlocking nodes, but he's not the only crew able to unlock those and otherwise he's just not very useful).

As for your other question, I happen to be of the belief that continuing to buy more and more crew slots is not nearly as effective a strategy as operating within one's existing limitations and being more judicious about choosing which crew to airlock, which crew to freeze, etc. I've got about 50 slots free myself at the moment. Anyone not currently used at least once every 2 weeks gets sent to cryo. And any new crew introduced to the game don't join my roster permanently unless I really want them. But then I'm not a "completionist", and I know many players are, so my own methodology may not work for you.

• Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    I am a “completionist,” but I actually agree with you that it’s better to play within your current crew limits. But that said, since I’ve already purchased my fourth shuttle, what else would I really be spending dilithium on other than crew slots?

Liaison Torres took a walk out the airlock after having one too many.

I just realized that with a DS9/Augment Mega-event coming up in the summer, it might behoove me to keep crew associated with that.
  • Options
    Hamsters2Hamsters2 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    oops, nm
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hamsters2 wrote: »
    oops, nm
    Well, now I want to know what you wrote!

• Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am a “completionist,” but I actually agree with you that it’s better to play within your current crew limits. But that said, since I’ve already purchased my fourth shuttle, what else would I really be spending dilithium on other than crew slots?

After buying shuttles, the best place to spend Dilithium these days, imo, is on extending Voyages. Even if it's just one refill to get you past 8 hours, that can pay off nicely with a lot more chronitons and a better chance of 4* crew dropping (to help FF your existing SR's). Other than that, buying additional cadet challenge tickets to get more shuttle speed boosts and more credits is a great place to spend them, I think. And then there are the event packs. There are a lot more crew slots that I could buy, but that's so far on the bottom of my list of places to spend Dil, I don't even give it a second thought. Just my 2c.

• Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Couple of points:

- You ask which three on the list to kick off:
    1. Mirror Archer ... meh.
    2. Duchamps ... too difficult to level, meh stats ... though he is a Worf variant and event crew.
    3. Weyoun Clone 4 ... not sure if you picked him up from completing Episode 8(?), but he does have a chance to be 2/4 ... he's just meh.
    ... the Torres was actually a decent keep in my opinion. Riker is a must keep.

- I mentioned in previous posts ... I work on a levelling system (and air locking if I ever have the need to) whereby I take the following into account:
    1. Event crew or key ST crew (e.g. Kirk, Picard, Spock, Jadzia ...).
    2. Collection viability ... the reason I wouldn't have air locked Claibourne Chekov, he's one of your only shots at getting stuff in the Wild West collection, one of the hardest collections to get crew for.
    3. Do I like the "flavour" of the crew.
    4. Base stats then voyage viability.
    5. etc.

- Spending Dil ... back in late 2016, early 2017 I had a monthly card for a couple of months ... I spent all my Dil on getting 4 shuttles and buying crew slots (have 155, took advantage of as many sales as I could) ... there was little else that interested me back then (or now) ... I've since only spent money once on the game (buying 10 10x packs).

Data1001 is right, you'll want to put Dil into extending Voyages, that is the best bang for your buck ... but, that also means you get new crew in that you might not have space for, you need to find a balance. If you don't those 5 slots you buy wil Dil will fill up in no time and you'll be back here asking who to airlock.
    To be honest, of those 155 crew, I maybe use 30-40 on a regular basis ... I mean I have 31 crew sitting at lvl 1. For me 100 would be more than enough.
    After thinking it over a bit ... Dil is limited for me now I'm f2P ... I exclusively spend it on Voyages.

About a year ago I airlocked the last crew that was not a duplicate ... it takes a mental change as well ... I'd rather freeze my best immortalised crew than airlock someone I don't have. This means I'll have short-term loss, but long-term gains towards my goals (e.g. collecting crew).
    What helps is if you have a strong body of 5*s on which you can build your crew (even if they are only 1/5) ... for that reason I'd get Suus Mahna Sarek on my crew and level him, he's decent and gets on Voyages for me (also a Vulcan for the upcoming mega-event).
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been thinking on this suggestion of Crew Slots vs Voyage extension strategy, and I think there are some practical flaws. It may work with a Captain who already has expanded their crew slots to a sufficient size, but not for a F2P player with limited space.

The Voyage extension strategy relies on having a sufficiently large "net" to catch potential super-rare drops. The difference between 155 crew slots (example given above) and 80 is enormous; with 21 active legendaries, a skeleton weekday cadet crew of 4, and 6 immortalized super-rares (five of which are bonus crew in the current Mega-event), that only leaves me a 49 crew-wide net to hopefully match with any purple crew that drops.

There are maybe 200 super-rare crew in the reward pool at the moment. This currently gives me a less than 25% chance that any drop, voyage or otherwise, will match up with my non-immortalized crew. But each additional 5 crew slots increases my chance of matching with any given purple drop by approximately 2.5%. With the hypothetical 155 crew number, I'd have space for 3 additional weekend cadet crew, 2 Legendaries from my messages, and whopping 70 more super-rares. That'd give me a 60% chance to match super-rare drops - a much better chance to immortalize crew and freeze the less useful ones.**

With 795 dilithium, I'd get, at most, 11 extensions, at 72+ dilithium/extension, with no guarantee of who I'd be pulling. The few 4* crew I've gotten to drop from Voyages (other than Voyages-only crew) I'd say has been 50/50 either crew I already have FF/FE, or new crew altogether. That's no better than the gambling in the Time Portal premium pulls and packs with that dilithium. Also, there's no guarantee the Random Number Generator gods will even drop purple crew with an extension.

Plus, with larger quarters, you have the flexibility to cryofreeze useful crew and potentially bring them into active service, whereas my space restrictions are so tight, that once someone goes into cryo it's almost impossible for me to clear my crew overflow enough to bring them back. I recently placed my weekend cadet crew into cold storage to make room for expiring crew in overflow, and I'm somewhat regretting it, as I've been missing out on cadet-able equipment, 100 chronitons and 400 honor each weekend, not to mention some credits and replicator rations. To get them back into active service without airlocking a sizable chunk of crew, I need to both clear my overflow AND add 5 or more crew slots.

As a small sample size, so far this month, I've pulled 6-7 super-rare crew from various Time Portal pulls, and 1-2 from 6-7 hour Voyages. None of them matched my non-immortal crew. Increasing the number of drops from Voyages is just as likely to result in Overflow fodder.
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    3. Weyoun Clone 4 ... not sure if you picked him up from completing Episode 8(?), but he does have a chance to be 2/4 ... he's just meh.
    I actually got him from a Voyage drop, but that's helpful to know that he's an Episode reward. I actually haven't progressed beyond Episode 7 because I didn't want to have to waste either Mirror Garrak or Commander Tomalok.
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    2. Collection viability ... the reason I wouldn't have air locked Claibourne Chekov, he's one of your only shots at getting stuff in the Wild West collection, one of the hardest collections to get crew for.
    I airlocked him well before Collections existed, but have recently got him through a drop again. He's in Overflow, but we'll see if slots miraculous appear at some point.

As a temporary measure, I've been using Honor to immortalize some 3-star purples and freeze them away (Shran, Mother Horta, Sloan, Chakotay) to create space. Extremely expensive, but Honor is something I can at least earn relatively consistently in game, versus Dilithium.

But I'm probably going to come back from time to time to ask for airlocking advice... seems like more and more people have to make these decisions these days.

(** By the by, my math might be wildly off here... insomnia Timelines posting and all)
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    To avoid adding to the novella I just wrote above, let me post my latest airlocking dilemma separately. I have the following in my Overflow at the moment.

Anastasia Komananov
    Claiborne Chekov
    Galen *whoosh*
    Klingon Neelix
    Niners Kira Nerys
    Romulan Kirk *got a bunk*
    Warship Janeway

Obviously, Romulan Kirk is coming up this weekend, so I'm going to do my best to clear a slot for him via more honor spending. But that will also require my dumping Galen.

(I do have enough to buy 5 more crew slots for 700 dilithium, but I'm loathe to do that without a half-off sale running.)

Who in that list would you put on the chopping block and who would you work really hard to get into regular crew quarters? Do you put any of them ahead of any of the 1* purples in my original post?
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To avoid adding to the novella I just wrote above, let me post my latest airlocking dilemma separately. I have the following in my Overflow at the moment.

Anastasia Komananov
    Claiborne Chekov
    Galen
    Klingon Neelix
    Niners Kira Nerys
    Romulan Kirk
    Warship Janeway

Obviously, Romulan Kirk is coming up this weekend, so I'm going to do my best to clear a slot for him via more honor spending. But that will also require my dumping Galen.

(I do have enough to buy 5 more crew slots for 700 dilithium, but I'm loathe to do that without a half-off sale running.)

Who in that list would you put on the chopping block and who would you work really hard to get into regular crew quarters? Do you put any of them ahead of any of the 1* purples in my original post?

I've got all of those (except Warship Janeway) immortalized. None of them are barnburners. Claiborne Chekov has terrible stats, and thus could be dumped without hurting your roster. And as much as I love Picard, Galen really isn't worth much, either, unless you're really short on SCI crew. Anastasia is a complete PITA to level, but I love the art, so for me, the pain of getting her FE was worth it. ;) I like Niners Kira's artwork, too (though she wasn't that bad to level), but she's also nothing special in the stats department. I don't think I've used Klingon Neelix (aka "Kleenex") for anything for quite some time.

• Options
    edited April 2018

Anastasia Komananov
    Claiborne Chekov
    Galen
    Klingon Neelix
    Niners Kira Nerys
    Romulan Kirk
    Warship Janeway

Niners Kira is a keeper IMO very good CMD base for a purple and good for voyages, if you are in for this event you have the possibility of adding stars to Romulan Kirk and he's Kirk. A lot of the list are main Characters.
    Out of them I would hold Clairborne Chekov and Galen in the Relegation Zone.
    Anastasia is a nice card but not really useful.

Sadly I think you need to work on your voyage exclusive crew and cite them they are just filling up a slot.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing I would like to point out is that if you’re going to save your dil for voyage extensions, don’t just randomly extend a voyage in the hopes that you can get a super rare crew to drop. I forget what you said your usual voyage length is but if you can make it to six hours you should be able to determine if the seed for your voyage is one that leans towards super rare crew. Only when you find these types of voyages would you want to extend and keep extending until you can’t afford to keep going.

This happened to me earlier this week. I made it to 7ish hours and saw a Captain Proton Paris in my rewards list...he’s trash and has been in my freezer forever but I decided to make a run for it and ended up going to I think 14 or 16 hours:

fy5gqy0lqsd0.png

For me, that was a lot of airlock fodder but I was happy with getting the final star for my ECH and a second or third on Riley Frazier. For you, I’m guessing that seven super rares would help fill in a lot of crew.
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    How much dilithium does it take to get to a 27 hour voyage, though?
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    How much dilithium does it take to get to a 27 hour voyage, though?

I’ve never gone 27 hours, that screenshot above is when the voyage returned, not when I recalled (sorry for the confusion). I recalled at I think 15 hours and change and probably spent 450-550 dil combined on boosts starting around hour 8.
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sadly I think you need to work on your voyage exclusive crew and cite them they are just filling up a slot.
    Yeah, I regret pathing my way to them so relatively early - sometimes I just can't resist when the right combo of dilemmas come up. Poor impulse control. Plus, it was right when they were swapping out Honor Hall heroes, so I was worried they'd change the Voyage-only crew, too.