Home The Bridge
Options

How many missions in this event?

Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
Trying to stay positive. I welcome the recent server changes and pull additions, thank you!, but for me it’s quite important to know how many total missions there will be in this event, so I can be more informed and make decisions about tomorrow’s cadet tokens/launch strategy.

Please could you let us know?

Comments

• Options
    kapukapu ✭✭✭
    in all likelihood they dont know yet. Intended amount could be x for each, and then some one does an oopsie and we end up with y for one faction.
    Captain Lvl 99; Vip0; 552 Unique Immortals; Fleet: Omega Molecules; Base Lvl 134 (MAX); Playing Since March 2016.
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be ready to adapt to change and be flexible. Always on your toes ;)
  • Options
    kapu wrote: »
    in all likelihood they dont know yet. Intended amount could be x for each, and then some one does an oopsie and we end up with y for one faction.

How could they not know? I think it’s more a question of whether not telling us is a commercial decision, but I don’t want to make snap judgements, hence this thread and trying to be friendly.
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    v4mkd39q28ft.png
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options

Yes I guess that’s one way this could go. Encourages people to stock up on boosts though, which comes at a cost.
  • Options
    kapukapu ✭✭✭

How could they not know? I think it’s more a question of whether not telling us is a commercial decision, but I don’t want to make snap judgements, hence this thread and trying to be friendly.

I was referring to these 'miscommunications' that seem to happen quite often these days. IE what they intend to do and what we eventually end up with are often different things :D
    Captain Lvl 99; Vip0; 552 Unique Immortals; Fleet: Omega Molecules; Base Lvl 134 (MAX); Playing Since March 2016.
  • Options

I was referring to these 'miscommunications' that seem to happen quite often these days. IE what they intend to do and what we eventually end up with are often different things :D

Ah ok.. I think that’s a fair comment then if we’re going to include recent controversial issues, but I’m really trying to ascertain where we are now and not get people’s backs up.
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nobody knows until it launches. Including DB who has to stick with what happens at launch, even if it doesn't match plans, intention, or design.
  • Options
    I have a feeling its like this......How many missions this week? Anyone? Anyone? It's something D O O missions.......Voodoo missions........

lehyp0s6ex0p.jpg
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's almost like Shan is intentionally avoiding the question. Either because she thinks not answering will reduce the complaints or because she doesn't trust information she's given by the designers.

I don't know which possibility is worse.
  • Options

We are the DB, your player base will adapt and play our games our way. RESISTANCE ISN'T FUTILE*

*You could always just skip this weeks event
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    I was going to publish a poll:
    - 2 x 10 - the original series
    - 2 x 6 - the next generation
    - 1 x 10 - hey, what happened here?
    - 1 x 6 - let's try this instead
    - 3 x 10 - it was 3 factions right?
    - 3 x 6 - how about this?
    - 47 or another complete *duck souffle*
  • Options
    Trying to stay positive. I welcome the recent server changes and pull additions, thank you!, but for me it’s quite important to know how many total missions there will be in this event, so I can be more informed and make decisions about tomorrow’s cadet tokens/launch strategy.

12 in total
    6 per faction
  • Options

12 in total
    6 per faction

Is this official?
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    Somewhere between not enough, and a few more than that.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    It's almost like Shan is intentionally avoiding the question. Either because she thinks not answering will reduce the complaints or because she doesn't trust information she's given by the designers.

If I was her I'd be gun shy.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭

Or, GASP, Shan is busy?

Back to the question at hand, confirming the amount of unique missions prior to each event is not something we are going to do.

• Options
    Emmett KEmmett K ✭✭✭
    Should only have to do it once......
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »

Or, GASP, Shan is busy?

Back to the question at hand, confirming the amount of unique missions prior to each event is not something we are going to do.

Well, there it is. At least its honest. A great big go "%" yourself, we're in charge and we will do what we see fit.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep. Give them 6 months and we'll find out the event type and crew when the portal goes live on Wednesday. No one can complain about false information if no information is given.
  • Options
    Sad......oh well, like I said at least its honest, I can handle that. Its the lies and/or incompetence that gets really old really fast.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sad......oh well, like I said at least its honest, I can handle that. Its the lies and/or incompetence that gets really old really fast.

Except this feels like acknowledging incompetence by reducing what they commit to instead of fixing the incompetence.
  • Options
    RowdenRowden ✭✭✭

Or, GASP, Shan is busy?

Great, so no-one knows. Wonderful.
  • Options
    MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rowden wrote: »

Or, GASP, Shan is busy?

Great, so no-one knows. Wonderful.
    Actually, she said they're not saying. That could mean no one knows, or that they just aren't going to reveal it. Either way, we don't know.
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like we'll have to prepare to improvise.
    Sounds like music to my ears.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭

Or, GASP, Shan is busy?

Good. It'll bring a bit more strategy to the game, and now people won't be able to scream and shout if it gets switched up for whatever reason.
  • Options

Or, GASP, Shan is busy?

Thank you for the response Shan and I hope your workload eases up.