Home The Bridge
Options

Speculation: April Mega Event, courtesy of The Romulans

Alot of factors have led some to believe that April's Mega Event is a Romulan event.

Comments

• Options
    If it is, I hope the first event isn’t a faction. I need more romulans, you see.
    Task Force Pike: We are recruiting!

Task Force Pike/Garrett's Giants, Founder

Task Force April, Fleet Founder Emeritus

Newfie Central, Squad Founder, In Memoriam
  • Options
    Alot of factors have led some to believe that April's Mega Event is a Romulan event.

I'm curious what "a lot of factors" are...

The only one I have seen is a pica of a new legendary in front of romulus.

But I might have missed a lot of clues since I am not the best detective out there.
    "I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that"
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018

I'm curious what "a lot of factors" are...

The only one I have seen is a pica of a new legendary in front of romulus.

But I might have missed a lot of clues since I am not the best detective out there.

Romulans werent available as a choice in the summer mega poll as well
  • Options
    [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭
    And the picture looks like Romulus.

Let's hope they don't need a million faction items to level because I've just finished Troi and Sela using replicators at maximim
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    My money is on Admiral Valdore.

Jim

latest?cb=20120403150448&path-prefix=en
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is he sci/eng? I need a sci/eng.

No. Someone will be along soon to tell me everyone important in Star Trek is com/sec/dip

Ah well.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭

No. Someone will be along soon to tell me everyone important in Star Trek is com/sec/dip

Ah well.

He could be because he was a project manager of new Romulan holographic drones.

So Sci/ENG and Dip as third skill.
  • Options
    <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭

Ah well.

No, he’d have cmd in there somewhere, he’s an admiral.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I'd be down with a SCI/ENG/CMD recurring for the mega.
  • Options
    For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it's Surak he'll probably be DIP/SCI/CMD or DIP/CMD/SCI
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Options
    {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭

Ah well.

So is Cornwell.
  • Options
    <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭

Ah well.

So is Cornwell.

But Cornwell was Prisoner Cornwell, so it seemed like they had gone for the skills she used as a prisoner.
  • Options
    {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018

Ah well.

So is Cornwell.

But Cornwell was Prisoner Cornwell, so it seemed like they had gone for the skills she used as a prisoner.

Don't get me wrong, you're probably right, but the stats that get assigned to some chars are oftentimes baffling.

*EDIT* I meant skills, not stats.
  • Options
    MirrorMartiganMirrorMartigan ✭✭✭✭
    I REALLY thought that it was announced SOMEWHERE that April was going to have a Romulan Mega Event that month.
  • Options

Ah well.

So is Cornwell.

Don't get me wrong, you're probably right, but the stats that get assigned to some chars are oftentimes baffling.

*EDIT* I meant skills, not stats.

The stats are baffling too sometimes :P

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I REALLY thought that it was announced SOMEWHERE that April was going to have a Romulan Mega Event that month.

It was announced that April would have a mega event. Players have speculated Romulan because they weren't included as a voting option for the Summer event, but DB has never said anything.
  • Options
    If it's Surak he'll probably be DIP/SCI/CMD or DIP/CMD/SCI

Also known as the "Vulcan Trinity."

Given that Surak was explicitly compared to Newton and Einstein, I'd definitely make him a SCI primary. You're probably stuck with DIP as a secondary skill, given the role that his teachings played in unifying Vulcan. That leaves CMD (probably) or MED (arguably) as his third area of ability.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    If its Surak I would expect DIP/SCI/MED.

DIP because he taught a planet full of super strong hot heads a better way of life.
    SCI because he had to figure out what that better life was.
    MED because that better way of life lead to improved mental health.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have a cryo stasis collection for Romulans, it only has 12 crew in it. Perhaps DB are going to give us another eight or so in the Mega, and another reward rank.
    Ivanstone wrote: »

DIP because he taught a planet full of super strong hot heads a better way of life.

Agreed. Med also because he performed a lot of mind melds, and managed to pass his Katra on.
  • Options
    We have a cryo stasis collection for Romulans, it only has 12 crew in it. Perhaps DB are going to give us another eight or so in the Mega, and another reward rank.

Agreed. Med also because he performed a lot of mind melds, and managed to pass his Katra on.

If performing lots of mind melds gets you MED, then all Vulcans should have it.

I mean, it seems like the answer to half of all problems faced by Vulcans is to do a mind meld.

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018

I mean, it seems like the answer to half of all problems faced by Vulcans is to do a mind meld.

Mind Melds don't win baseball games :)
    Or Fix warp drives.....
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was thinking further about mind melds, and at least on Voyager, they led to more issues than solutions.... Lon Suder's mental illness infected Tuvok and Vorik got his well, parts handed back to him when he tried to Pon Farr mind meld with Torres. I know Paris enjoyed the result, but I don't think that was what Vorik intended.
  • Options
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    Was thinking further about mind melds, and at least on Voyager, they led to more issues than solutions.... Lon Suder's mental illness infected Tuvok and Vorik got his well, parts handed back to him when he tried to Pon Farr mind meld with Torres. I know Paris enjoyed the result, but I don't think that was what Vorik intended.

I was more implying that Vulcans (Tuvok in particular actually) sometimes seem to prefer Mind Melds as a solution more often than not. I was not implying that they're a *good* solution, or that they actually work. :P You provided many examples of why Vulcans shouldn't be so trigger happy with their mind melds.

Or Fix warp drives.....

I feel like if pressed, a Vulcan would attempt to mind meld with a warp drive though, if they were running out of ideas.

One of the things I liked best about Enterprise was how T'Pol wasn't mind melding everything in sight. Then it turned out it was because Vulcans weren't into the whole mind melding thing yet, and then there was the whole mind melding STD thing. All of which was very interesting. As opposed to "Bizarre and complicated problem presents itself. Vulcan suggests mind meld to fix. Everyone is strangely cool with this".

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭

I was more implying that Vulcans (Tuvok in particular actually) sometimes seem to prefer Mind Melds as a solution more often than not. I was not implying that they're a *good* solution, or that they actually work. :P You provided many examples of why Vulcans shouldn't be so trigger happy with their mind melds.

Or Fix warp drives.....

I feel like if pressed, a Vulcan would attempt to mind meld with a warp drive though, if they were running out of ideas.

One of the things I liked best about Enterprise was how T'Pol wasn't mind melding everything in sight. Then it turned out it was because Vulcans weren't into the whole mind melding thing yet, and then there was the whole mind melding STD thing. All of which was very interesting. As opposed to "Bizarre and complicated problem presents itself. Vulcan suggests mind meld to fix. Everyone is strangely cool with this".

Mind melding everything in sight seems very...well... TOS.

I think Voyager averaged once a season.....and with 2 Vulcan's on board, one being main cast. Spock was just a hybrid run amok all the time... (see what I did there?)
  • Options

Or Fix warp drives.....

Mind melding everything in sight seems very...well... TOS.

I think Voyager averaged once a season.....and with 2 Vulcan's on board, one being main cast. Spock was just a hybrid run amok all the time... (see what I did there?)

Indeed, clever ;)

Spock was the worst offender by far, but I recall thinking, especially by the later seasons of VOY, that Tuvok was trying to outdo him. I'd have to go back and check what his total number of mind melds was, but I have a feeling he did it more than once per season fairly regularly.

TNG and DS9 didn't have in-house Vulcans, but the ones that did appear tended to get a mind meld in there if they could (Sarek and Picard, the Vulcan Maquis lady...)

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spock was the worst offender by far, but I recall thinking, especially by the later seasons of VOY, that Tuvok was trying to outdo him. I'd have to go back and check what his total number of mind melds was, but I have a feeling he did it more than once per season fairly regularly.

TNG and DS9 didn't have in-house Vulcans, but the ones that did appear tended to get a mind meld in there if they could (Sarek and Picard, the Vulcan Maquis lady...)

You could always go here and count 'em up... I suspect it's probably an exhaustive compilation:

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Vulcan_mind_meld

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Data1001 wrote: »

You could always go here and count 'em up... I suspect it's probably an exhaustive compilation:

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Vulcan_mind_meld

I was wondering if someone ever made a list. But of course they had.

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    So on the notable uses, 5 for Ent in 4 seasons.
    11 TOS in 3 seasons
    4 in 6 TOS movies including what I believe is the Mind Rape in Valeris
    The missed the Pon Farr Vorik one on memory alpha which would make
    9 in 7 seasons for Voy