Home Engineering Room
Options

Gauntlet hard now ..

I don't think I'll win this match.

hvuxre07k95q.png

Comments

• Options
    If it makes you feel better, I somehow drew myself in the gauntlet once. Unfortunately, I was defeated by my alternate self as the computer always gets the edge in crit bonus.
  • Options
    Draiken78 wrote: »
    If it makes you feel better, I somehow drew myself in the gauntlet once. Unfortunately, I was defeated by my alternate self as the computer always gets the edge in crit bonus.

too bad you didn't win, would have been cool to see if you both gained and lost points on it.
  • Options
    3d0catbxdcrq.jpg
    @Shan is it any wonder why my joy bubble is burst when I loose to this opponent that clearly should not have the win. But guess what...I take my medication and forget about it! No really this is Stupid.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s getting out of hand. The other day I was ranked 105 yet even that far down it was all Mirror Picards. Then I was 95 and it was a Khaless wall. I like the gauntlet but something has to change
  • Options
    3d0catbxdcrq.jpg
    @Shan is it any wonder why my joy bubble is burst when I loose to this opponent that clearly should not have the win. But guess what...I take my medication and forget about it! No really this is Stupid.

If you think your opponent clearly shouldnt have won i am aftaid you do not really understand probabilities and variance. You had a slightly higher average roll, but due to the high variance given roll spread and crit chance that is basically a coin toss.

That said gauntlet surely got of hand. With more and more easily obtainable gauntlet monsters, the advantages you can build from collecting crew, collection & star base bonuses and so on are less and less valuable, especially after you used your crew once.

While there was a time where it was possible to get to streaks with 30 - 50 wins easily without paying dil, it is now hard to even get to 12+ without huge amounts of merits.

I think it's time to rethink the exhaustion mechanic or the general game mechanics of the gauntlet to allow for actual gameplay and planning again.
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    3d0catbxdcrq.jpg

Yes, you may have a "clear advantage" but that doesn't translate to a guaranteed win. My calculations put your win probability here at about 55%.
  • Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chang wrote: »
    I don't think I'll win this match.

hvuxre07k95q.png

Go for it! No matching skills = guaranteed win! ;)
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    15% crit eh... interesting
  • Options
    I have to agree with these guys, over the last couple months I've noticed the gauntlet become much more likely to allow the computer to win even though they are very outmatched ( Me 250-800 with 25% crit vs. computer 180-600 with 5% crit, and I loose ) and it usually seems to occur when you have a streak going that you "might" pay to keep.

Very very rarely can I beat the computer when outmatched ( even slightly ), and those are literally by single digit point spreads most of the time when it actually works in our favor.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to agree with these guys, over the last couple months I've noticed the gauntlet become much more likely to allow the computer to win even though they are very outmatched ( Me 250-800 with 25% crit vs. computer 180-600 with 5% crit, and I loose ) and it usually seems to occur when you have a streak going that you "might" pay to keep.

Very very rarely can I beat the computer when outmatched ( even slightly ), and those are literally by single digit point spreads most of the time when it actually works in our favor.

I have found this as well. If your matchup is remotely close it’s likely a loss. I like an idea I heard earlier. Limit the crew to 20 total stars. That would make it much more interesting