Home The Bridge
Options

Just a word of thanks on event packs

Really like the way you did event packs this week as i sometimes dont get my pay checks till friday morning, mostly thrusday but really nice for those weeks it runs behind to be able to pick up the 99 at anytime thru the event

Plus i know alot of people are happy to to see whos in the 9.99 one earlyer

So good work DB

Comments

• Options
    I agree. Having the ability to get the 4th star on Mutated Paris early is very much wanted. Then on the first pull out of the 2 10x packs I get Sato and of course I end up using my dilithium that I have been saving and do 2 more pulls and get 2 more Sato's. Ended up with a 3/5* Loque'eque Sato. Though now that I have a 3/5* Loque'eque Sato I will be going all in on this event and no sleep for me this weekend.
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I took a punt on the 10$ pack, two Mirror Phloxes which went straight out the airlock so what can you do. I did get Warship Chakotay in a behold, so not all bad and it was less of a gamble then spending valuble dil to get airlock fodder.

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it is an excellent move to try to meet the needs of players of all (but the 0) spending levels.
  • Options
    All the packs are scheduled to run out on mid-friday, according to the timers on mine. Will there still be the 2nd legendary offer after that?
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    I concur, all the options for the whole time is a lot better. I really hope they don't take the lack of sales for these packs as a commentary on how offering them all works. Sales will be down because the crew are ugly, underwhelming, and half the player base already has Phlox immortalized. They really need to run packs this way several times, and with actually desired crew, to collect their data on if it works.
  • Options
    arjunaarjuna ✭✭✭
    Yes, I really like them doing packs this way. Good job DB
  • Options
    Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    I also really like that the lowest priced pack allows you to get the final star on the threshold character. I have previously not bought the packs previously for this very reason (and as a result have loads of 3/4 characters that I will probably never actually complete)
  • Options
    Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    Hunter247 wrote: »
    I also really like that the lowest priced pack allows you to get the final star on the threshold character. I have previously not bought the packs previously for this very reason (and as a result have loads of 3/4 characters that I will probably never actually complete)

I also had three super rare beholds in the second pack which allowed me to add a few stars to my existing characters - not a bad result!
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was pretty sure it was an oopsie to do the packs like that... but who knows, maybe it wasn't
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »
    I was pretty sure it was an oopsie to do the packs like that... but who knows, maybe it wasn't

I think it was an oopsie the first couple times, but they always pulled it back quick. I think they saw the sales on the oopses and said, "Hey people like this, let's let em buy stuff".

It's what I'd do if there were good sales numbers on the mistakes.
  • Options
    [KM]Videm[KM]Videm ✭✭✭
    All the packs are scheduled to run out on mid-friday, according to the timers on mine. Will there still be the 2nd legendary offer after that?

I'm speculating that the $50 will be released and the 10 and 25 packs will flip featured characters.
    We are recruiting for our sister fleet, Mirror Klingon Marauders! Contact me via private message if interested
  • Options
    MbannarMbannar ✭✭✭
    @Shan was this a oooppies or intentionally? And what order will this follow as event progresses please?
  • Options
    Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d guess it was intentional this time. The first few times the timers on the small offers were to the end of the event, but this time they only went to the same time as the 100 pack.
  • Options
    FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also wanna jump in, pile in on the kudos for this move.

I've got no problem giving us a piece of my mind when there are game harming errors or mistakes.. but I'm happier when I get to applaud a smart move like this one.

I didn't take advantage of this, this week because well.. I didn't expect it and bought the pack as soon as the game loaded.. got one of my two winning scenarios and thus I was done this week.
    (Winning scenario 1, Hoshi obviously.. scenario 2 Paris so to fill the 4th star.)

Got the Paris Which Is .great

But if this becomes a regular thing, I can absolutely see buying at the start once and a while. I'm a selective, value bargain buyer lol
    So events where I want all three characters and the 5* is of high interest (great art or stats or adds a star to existing) I'll buy the $10 pack.
    2 chances plus an event Threshold who'd otherwise be 3/4.. hell yeah I'll do that sometimes as money allows.

Good job DB.
  • Options
    This is an intentional experiment.

I am seeing praise for this experiment overall, so good job on doing it! That said, make sure you do this for the next few events at least to get a more accurate standing on if this works better than the other way; as was stated before above, not as many people were impressed with the featured crew, so not as many are going full force in this event as they would others with crew that are more desirable.
    There are three ways to do something; the right way, the wrong way, and the Janeway.

DB: Do Better.

Member of Starship Trista
  • Options
    MbannarMbannar ✭✭✭

I am seeing praise for this experiment overall, so good job on doing it! That said, make sure you do this for the next few events at least to get a more accurate standing on if this works better than the other way; as was stated before above, not as many people were impressed with the featured crew, so not as many are going full force in this event as they would others with crew that are more desirable.

Totally agree

Ill buy them friday , wasnt not going this week but if it helps keep this going i will

Please try it out for a couple of weeks or maybe for upcoming mega please and ill buy the 99.99 and probly 49 99 one to help keep this
  • Options
    Emmett KEmmett K ✭✭✭
    Front loads all the chronos. Might affect the galaxies but I am happy. Did the 100 and 10. Got lucky for 4 Sato plus the DYC. Will love to see this more
  • Options

Excellent. Please continue with this experiment for a few more weeks, especially into the mega-event to get a good data set...you know, for science? :)
    Captain Bubble Bobble
  • Options
    [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm thinking you have a good hypothesis there Black Pebble.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options

It has my vote!
    ~ seeking out new life
  • Options

Excellent, love a good experiment.
  • Options
    <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭

Excellent, love a good experiment.

... as long as it isn’t a 0* or 2* Science Experiment or a 0* Medical Experiment...
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    [KM] Videm wrote: »

I'm speculating that the $50 will be released and the 10 and 25 packs will flip featured characters.

You nailed it.
  • Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw they flipped the offers. I hope it's successful. Might kill a few 100 dollar packs but hopefully the increase in sales for smaller packs ends up well for ya guys.
  • Options
    Emmett KEmmett K ✭✭✭
    Definitely more options. I like it. Need to max the people each week.
  • Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭

Just so you know, I never buy event deals but I bought the Paris one right away.
  • Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭

Keep this "experiment" at least until the end of the next mega event please.
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    @[10F] Newt The same happened to me, but I'm doing my second Sato now and waiting for the two last stars in the Top 25 ranking. :) I bought the 2x Sato offer and drew 5 more with a DYS equalling 8 ... so now I need 2 more for twin Sato immortal. :)
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    [DC] Principia[DC] Principia ✭✭✭✭
    I like having all of the offers on the table from the start. It's a nice change.