Home The Bridge
Options

Opinions on Uncommon as Bonus Crew

IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2018 in The Bridge
Are they worth pulling out the freezer or not:
Currently for this next event I have:
Hockey Paris / Mirror Sato / Talos IV Spock /Festive Dax and 1/4 Mirror Phlox on my current roster
and I am definitely pulling out of the freezer Carol Marcus and Surgeon Phlox.

But I also have Recovering Spock and Ensign Sato - would they be worth it?
[was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO

Comments

• Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are they worth pulling out the freezer or not:
    Currently for this next event I have:
    Hockey Paris / Mirror Sato / Talos IV Spock /Festive Dax and 1/4 Mirror Phlox on my current roster
    and I am definitely pulling out of the freezer Carol Marcus and Surgeon Phlox.

But I also have Recovering Spock and Ensign Sato - would they be worth it?
    To a ceartain extent, it depends on the rest of your crew.

They Rares and Uncommons will only get a 2x bonus. Take Recovering Spock as an example. His top skill is SCI at 332 with no starbase bonus.

Thats 664 with the double skill applied; not that great really and much lower than the majority of 4* cards.

Another example would be 1701 Jadzia she has 813 SCI, doubled thats 1626 SCI so much more worth unfreezing!

Jim

DB: Do Better
  • Options
    Bear in mind that using a Shuttle Boost for a skill with event crew on it will also double the boost. So a 664 Recovering Spock is arguably better than any regular 700 scientist you might have. It all comes down to:
    • How strong is your crew in any particular skill?
    • What is the distribution of that skill across the event shuttles / how deep does your crew need to be?
    • Are you planning to use boosts throughout the event?
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Food for thought, initially I wasn't going to go hard at this one, Talos IV Spock last tier is driving me nuts. But it would be nice to try and get some more stars on Mirror Phlox, not at all interested really in this Paris. I've had my fill of MED crew recently so I was thinking of saving boosts for mega event instead, might as well save a bit on merits as well.

Thanks again for your insights.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    So at the end of the day, just do the math. Calculate the bonus skill for the crew and see where it ranks against your others. If a 3* will be your 8th highest skill after bonus and boosts, you won't use it unless you're sending 8 for that skill. It gets a little tricky with AND slots, but you get the idea.
  • Options
    S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Several rares could be good on shuttles like Smiley or Boxer Chakotay.